BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Wigan have signed Callum McManaman on a permanent deal. Another 'skint' club we need to be finishing above doing solid work in the transfer market....

I'd have had either McManaman or Wildschut here, fair enough if Mowbray doesn't fancy them but I sure hope we've better lined up instead.

• Like 5

Just now, JHRover said:

Wigan have signed Callum McManaman on a permanent deal. Another 'skint' club we need to be finishing above doing solid work in the transfer market....

I'd have had either McManaman or Wildschut here, fair enough if Mowbray doesn't fancy them but I sure hope we've better lined up instead.

Did next to nothing last season and the season before that - I'd say he's just gone back to where he started. Not for me...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

A double move for Marriott and Maddison could solve a lot of our problems.

Maddison has to have been responsible for a big chunk of Marriotts goals which means Graham and (new striker or two please) will be able to benefit from that too. It will also be interesting to see how Marriott copes at a new club if there is nobody quite on the same wavelength as Maddison was to supply him.

Marriott is the big gamble of the two of them in my opinion especially at 3x the cost.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Go away out of that, if we were signing McManaman you and others would be saying he hasn't done anything of note in the last 3 seasons, and you would be right :) 

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Great moment. Wanted this from the moment Lenihan has signed his.

Same. Even though it was likely he wouldn't move, it puts potential rumours to bed and we can all breathe a little easier. Wonder if there's a release clause in it though?

6 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

That's urinated on some ppeople's bonfires - rumours of holding out 'cos of lack of transfer activity/potentially had changed his mind.

Good things come to those who wait.......

A huge sigh of relief as I piss on my bonfire :rover:, hell I hope those baked spuds were done!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

That's urinated on some ppeople's bonfires - rumours of holding out 'cos of lack of transfer activity/potentially had changed his mind.

Good things come to those who wait.......

I don't think it would be like that at all. I'd assume all those that had the thoughts, or heard the 'rumours', are more relieved than anything else. 

28 minutes ago, Ruaney said:

Dack new deal. Great signing!

Yep. Times are fairly hard when yiu're jumping up and down simply because your best players aren't leaving imminently but the best news of the window to date by far.

1 minute ago, OnePhilT said:

Mowbray has done superb to keep the squad together. It's easy to forget how well they gelled together last season both on and off the pitch, so keeping that nucleus intact has to be important. If we can add a good striker and a good winger to the squad before the window shuts, I think that stands us in good stead. If we can finish mid-table, that would be superb as far as I'm concerned.

Spot on. One or two more quality additions away from a “squad” that will do us proud! 

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Yep. Times are fairly hard when yiu're jumping up and down simply because your best players aren't leaving imminently but the best news of the window to date by far.

Have you watched football recently? That’s football for any club bar the top 4, and even then - the best are always likely to be tempted to PSG or another European giant.