BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

If theres any truth in that, and he goes elsewhere and we get someone cheaper itll show a lack of ambition and an acceptance that we could go back down.

Fingers crossed we buy him.

Venkys better start showing some God damn ambition and attempt to solidify us so we can push on and build after everything they have done.   If he's available sign him up

Kent is going to Rangers. Never really wanted him here, our old mate Andy Cryer has chirped up saying it's a lucky escape for us. Once again shows that Nixon knows fook all, pole position to sign him are we? Yeah no worries you fud :) 

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Sun article from Nixon saying Kent going to Rangers 

Disappointed

47 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Well few games into preseason and we’ve got two development players. Sorry but it’s disappointing , surely a manager wants them in early to get them up to speed. The season starts before the window right? Every game 3 points is crucial.

Yes he did but cant if his targets are overpriced and not available. 

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If theres any truth in that, and he goes elsewhere and we get someone cheaper itll show a lack of ambition and an acceptance that we could go back down.

Fingers crossed we buy him.

I want us to sign Armstrong. 

Maybe try to structure the deal over 3 or 4 years so we only have to pay in 1 million instalments over 3 years. 

after tonight game post match comments from Mowbray I expect to see some movement a couple of players in before the Everton/Stanley games. Tonight game highlight we lack pace and flair. 

I notice Mowbray and Klopp talking before the game and I wonder if Mowbray was asking who might be available. I would suggest Ojo from Liverpool on loan. played for Fulham before on loan

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Disappointed

Maybe try to structure the deal over 3 or 4 years so we only have to pay in 1 million instalments over 3 years. 

after tonight game post match comments from Mowbray I expect to see some movement a couple of players in before the Everton/Stanley games. Tonight game highlight we lack pace and flair. 

I notice Mowbray and Klopp talking before the game and I wonder if Mowbray was asking who might be available. I would suggest Ojo from Liverpool on loan. played for Fulham before on loan

Ojo isn't a bad player. I'd take Markovic but I think he'll be on big wages and will end up in turkey or somewhere like that. Pre season or not tonight showed we lack pace and attacking threat.. Samuel actually looked lively at times tonight, hopefully he makes the most of the minutes he gets off the bench in the league this season and fulfils the potential we all know he's got but hasn't shown. 

Disappointed

Thought he was having a medical within 48 hours!

Its an investment for a player we know fits in, we know combines well with Dack and Graham, whose young, fast, and can improve. Its not alot of money.

Sure they were just chatting, Ojo would add pace but not sure he has the quality to push us on.

Just now, Butty said:

Ojo isn't a bad player. I'd take Markovic but I think he'll be on big wages and will end up in turkey or somewhere like that. Pre season or not tonight showed we lack pace and attacking threat.. Samuel actually looked lively at times tonight, hopefully he makes the most of the minutes he gets off the bench in the league this season and fulfils the potential we all know he's got but hasn't shown. 

Do we know Samuel has potential?

Do we know Samuel has potential?

There's a player in there somewhere, he's fast and strong but he needs to improve on his decision making and his composure and he might turn out to be a half decent impact sub. We'll see. If we bring in a couple of forwards though I'll be happy if we don't have to see any of Samuel. The problem is we've only got him and Graham at the minute!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its an investment for a player we know fits in, we know combines well with Dack and Graham, whose young, fast, and can improve. Its not alot of money.

Sure they were just chatting, Ojo would add pace but not sure he has the quality to push us on.

I would like to see Gallagher and Armstrong come in this next week

• Like 1

I would like to see Gallagher and Armstrong come in this next week

Hopefully... Now unblock me on twitter Chaddy I promise I won't post anything about your tweets in here. I miss you ??

Just now, Butty said:

There's a player in there somewhere, he's fast and strong but he needs to improve on his decision making and his composure and he might turn out to be a half decent impact sub. We'll see. If we bring in a couple of forwards though I'll be happy if we don't have to see any of Samuel. The problem is we've only got him and Graham at the minute!!

Hes not that strong, hes easy to push off the ball. He doesnt use his pace to run at his man. And hes never scored goals at a respectable rate, a bit like Gallagher hasnt.

Hes not that strong, hes easy to push off the ball. He doesnt use his pace to run at his man. And hes never scored goals at a respectable rate, a bit like Gallagher hasnt.

Ideal world we bring (Nmecha/Harrison/Chapman) in on loan sign Maddison and loan (Gallagher/someone else) and sign Armstrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

At present he’s worth about a third of that! 

Offer £1 million straight up.
£500,000 after his first 20 goals.
£500,000 after his first 40 games.

Another million upon successful promotion.
+ 5% sell on fee to cover the staggered instalments.
(Championship Manager answer to complicated question) :D

3 hours ago, Butty said:

Ideal world we bring (Nmecha/Harrison/Chapman) in on loan sign Maddison and loan (Gallagher/someone else) and sign Armstrong. 

Yep with you. 

Sign Chapman and Armstrong, and loan Gallagher and Nmecha. Job done 

Relived to see kent doesn't seem likely to be signing, would of been underwhelming, feel like we should be aiming for better. Need to bring in players who will improve the starting 11 and not just squad fillers, although it is concerning me the lack of numbers and quality we have out wide and upfront. A couple of quality signings would help us build on the momentum from last season so next couple of weeks is so crucial. Guess we can just sit and wait.

Also for those like me who are hoping to see Madison come through the door, there chairman has said there will be an update today.

Edited by TruRover

Wanted 2 strikers URGENTLY

needed central driving midfielder URGENTLY

splash the cash 

the team looks fit, solid and just needs a bit of tinkering.

One things for sure there is no Championship team as fit and mobile as Liverpool were last night and for the most we coped ok.

12 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Wanted 2 strikers URGENTLY

needed central driving midfielder URGENT

We won't be signing a central midfielder of any sort I shouldn't think. We have signed two already. One of them is the sort to drive forward with the ball. Buying more isn't happening. We are well stocked with centre mids.

Priority is widely known to be wingers, or strikers who can play as wingers a la Armstrong, and, as you say, strikers.

After that, we are more likely to add a centre half or goalie than we are to add another centre mid, based on noises from the club.

• Like 3

I think if we start the season with Evans & Samuel still bumbling around in the team we'll be in trouble.

I really hope we start the season with Travis in the midfield, honestly think he has something.

Looks like we're in desperate need of some attacking players to me.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think if we start the season with Evans & Samuel still bumbling around in the team we'll be in trouble.

I really hope we start the season with Travis in the midfield, honestly think he has something.

Looks like we're in desperate need of some attacking players to me.

Travis reminds me of a young Roy Keane. I can see him being a future Rovers captain. Absolute quality! 

• Like 2

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Travis reminds me of a young Roy Keane. I can see him being a future Rovers captain. Absolute quality! 

oh how I wish we had a Roy Keane now..

"He screams out to everybody, 'Whose phone is that?!' Silence. He asks again. Silence.  He asks a third time. 'Whose. Bloody. F*****g. Phone. Is. That?!'

will keep the standards up

??

Edited by Tugay's Right Foot