BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, AAK said:

Fair point, it's just usually by now we have an idea of who we are looking for in terms of calibre and how that would fit in to how we would play, but I am just hearing cheap inexperienced loans. Hopefully that is not the case.

Not that I think we are in for Maddison, but the the bid from Derby was for Jack Marriot! 

17 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Minimum requirement is a Striker and a Winger, both who are able to go straight into the team if needs be, then i'm confident we will stay up. Ideal would be 2 Wingers a striker and someone like Armstrong who you could use out wide and up top and also has raw pace.

I had been more concerned about getting Pace out wide but actually the striker issue is more pressing. We can't guarantee Graham being in top form and being able to play 75 mins every game from now until January. Just won't happen, he's got a bad record with injuries, it takes him a while to get going (get fit enough) at the start of the season, He's not getting any younger and his lack of mobility is going to be more of an issue for us in this league. That means we'd be relying on Samuel whose couldn't score in League 1 and the manager doesn't trust up front. Nuttall who isn't ready for this level yet. Dack plays like a second striker at times so you need someone who can bring him into play.

I know a few on here have been quite negative about Resigning Sam Gallagher on loan but I'd be all over a loan to buy deal for him. Hes got the raw tools to be a good striker, he had decent pace, he's tall, he can head (albeit when he's unchallenged) and he's got the right attitude. He's got a lot improving to do but I think he'd a be a more mobile target man option.

Wingers - I'd take Chapman back at the right price. I was led to believe that Armstrong hold up is his wage. Maddison would be great if its within budget.

As time goes on the Gallagher loan looks far more tempting, don't quite get some of the negative stuff on here about him we aren't going to get the finished article and he should be a bit less raw now than last time. I'd only consider it on a sensible fee not some of the numbers quoted but he will score goals and can we say that about anyone else apart from Graham at the min ?

We all want another version of the DG that first arrived here but Lambert pulled an ace out of the hole there almost Hughes like and the guy cost Prem wages which were covered by Rhodes impending departure. That's unlikely to happen again and give me SG up top over Samuel or Nuttall anyday, no disrespect to them I just think he carries far more goal threat.

• Like 2

Just now, Mike E said:

He also said the club wasn't in the Championship last season.

He didn't quite say that. He was asked whether the club was top half or bottom half and he answered "neither" 

Edited by briansol

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Peterborough United fans saying Maddison release clause is 1 mil pounds

Would he be worth that?

I'd happily pay 3 million if I am honest. Weird tho some people say his release clause in 1 million others say its 2.5million.

If it was the likes of Rotherham etc "outbidding" us for the likes of Maddison I would be concerned, but there is no evidence what so ever that we are even interested in Maddison, just pure speculation and people on here trying to add 2 & 2 together.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Not sure it's assumptious when it's based on hard evidence there's plenty examples all down the years of them okaying wages of not so cheap loan signings but being asked to sign off maybe 3/400k in one go as down payment on guys maybe costing upwards of a million not so much Dack aside in recent times, certainly not after the parachutes dried up.

One signing like that per season would do me as in a regular decent investment which might have a return in time then other incomings made up the usual way. Slow steady build within a sensible budget but it's a fine balancing act, carry on as started last season and dip the hand in the pocket a little deeper for at least one player with a bit of quality or quickly revert to type and spread a few hundred grand across a few bodies because you are desperate for numbers.

I'm sure Waggot is now staring this problem in the face.

There’s not much evidence for their involvement in the past 12-18 months, bar signatures on the share capital cheques they’ve injected and a couple of staff recruitments/firings in Senior/Waggott etc.

At this point I think it’s safe to move away from the assumption that every deal is akin to those early championship ones, when Kean and Co setup a system to bleed us dry. A system where the manager gets directly in their ears to open up extra “specific” funds for players. I just don’t think it happens anymore.

Weve already spent 500k on a player, which (by no means extravagant) is only 250k less than the reported fee for Dack last term, and I’d expect us to buy 1/2 more for similar fees. 

I very much doubt there is anything left to say to the owners for this season, I’m convinced (from recent evidence, interviews, examples) that the remit is set in quarterly meetings, and our management structure is expected to get the most value per penny.

I hope they keep some of the pot till January too, it’s not a bad idea to have options for fresh loans or signings then.

Sorry it may be Marriott as someone mentioned that Derby are in for. Get mixed up with the two, likes when we had Dunn and Duff, or Dunn and Bunn, or Ollson and Ollson.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If Armstrong is available for 3 million, we need to sign him. No messing around. He can play in two of the positions we crucially need filling, he knows the club and fits in well with the players already here. I will be annoyed if he goes somewhere else for 3 million. It's undoubtedly an investment 

I'd be amazed if we actually have £3 million to spend on all incoming players not just one.

• Like 1