BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, we will see. 

It's funny though, if we signed Outzumer fans would be saying "he's lightweight, unproven at this level, we already have Dack, budget should have been used elsewhere yada yada Yada" However, Bolton sign him and its some sort of masterstroke. Gas 

I don’t think they would, loads of people actually wanted us to sign Oztumer.

He’d be decent as a squad filler, but other positions are more of a priority.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, we will see. 

It's funny though, if we signed Outzumer fans would be saying "he's lightweight, unproven at this level, we already have Dack, budget should have been used elsewhere yada yada Yada" However, Bolton sign him and its some sort of masterstroke. Gas 

I wouldn't mate. Always wanted him.

There will always be some detractors of course, whoever signs. You shouldn't assume that those would be the same people who are now saying he would have been a good signing.

• Like 1

Oztumer!!? The guy has been apparently ‘lighting up’ league one for years and yet it’s taken him until now to get a move higher. A very poor mans Bradley Dack at best. 

Wilschut? An absolute enigma of a player. Had potential, never lived upto it.

lowe? Hahahaha 

I’d take both of our signings hands down!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's hard to escape the feeling that we'll never really aspire to our old status as long as these idiots hold the keys to the club.  They have us in a death grip.

"We will never prosper under Venkys."

I think I may have said that before!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I wouldn't mate. Always wanted him.

There will always be some detractors of course, whoever signs. You shouldn't assume that those would be the same people who are now saying he would have been a good signing.

Shouldn't I? Not saying you would, but some who are now saying Wildschut, Outzumer and Mcamanaman are great signings and better than what we have signed, would flip it completely around if we had signed the 3 of them. The genuine issues and concerns about their records would be highlighted. When Bolton and Wigan sign them it's apparently great business. I just find it funny is all 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Ya, we will see. 

The difference being we are two different clubs. He can be a good signing for Bolton, and not a great one for us. They're not mutually exclusive. We have different priorities. We already have Dack, meaning they don't, and need an attacking central player more than us. 

If Bolton's business so far was a 4, and ours a 3 (for arguments sake), theirs is better than ours, but still not exactly a level to be excited about. One could argue they have done better than us so far, whilst still being underwhelmed by their business. 

Anyway, they bought Lowe, so that dwarfs any semantics! We win by default. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You honestly think Venkys have a plan? Of course they don’t. We are just the cousin nobody talks about any more.

Mowbray is having to plan based on the artificial budget he has to work in. Nothing to do with the loons.

Obviously you only posted it for provocative reasons but your question is idiotic and obtuse for a number of reasons...

1) Venkys are still here, it’s not the past, it’s the present.

2) Their “mistakes” see us in the situation we are in.

3) History is a huge part of what makes a football club so will be part of discussion. Should we never speak of our historical successes?

4) So, no, I expect I won’t.

Presumably you have “moved on”? “Got real”?

Do you think you’ll ever stop posting ad hominem and actually contribute some debate-worthy content?

Of course Venkys have a plan.....it is the same as it always was. It was the same as day 1.....it is crystal clear. It is short term loans, cheap buys £5million a year budget tops. 

The fact that it was wrong then and is still wrong is irrelevent.

Still believe Mowbray and Waggott have added to this by getting their sums wrong for this summer and their original sums have come in within the Raos original plans so the Raos are happy

I don't know why Venkys continue to hang on. I would have thought any "plans" they may have disappeared when we exited the Premier League.

Other than sheer pig-headedness and refusal to admit they are clueless, what else could there be?

What is there for them but more grief?

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

firstly you know what I meant

Pilkington experience to this squad would be good. 

McKay's stats from last season. Played 26 games, scoring 5 games and 7 assists. After Karanka came in he didn't play much but under Warburton he did. 

My Striker list for @bluebruce is Sam Gallagher(loan), Winnall, Toney, Armstrong, Bradshaw. 

Looking at that list, Armstrong stands out, aside from that slim pickings. Winnall I think id take but like Rhodes who you are always keen to deride, hes struggled for game time and goals in the last couple of years, that said I would welcome him. The other 3, Gallagher not good enough as weve discussed, Bradshaws goal return last year was very underwhelming, Toney nowhere near good enough and Wigan didnt even want him in League 1 and sent him back. Winnall, Armstrong and Maddison would be a good trio of signings, albeit 2 havent been linked and 1 we dont seem able to re sign, so it is a fanciful wishlist.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Oztumer!!? The guy has been apparently ‘lighting up’ league one for years and yet it’s taken him until now to get a move higher. A very poor mans Bradley Dack at best. 

Wilschut? An absolute enigma of a player. Had potential, never lived upto it.

lowe? Hahahaha 

I’d take both of our signings hands down!

Not one person has said that Lowe is good enough so not sure why you put that comment.

But you mention our signings, if we are doing an analysis on the players weve brought in, ones an injury prone player who League 1 Oxford werent too bothered to see leave, and the other has played 17 games of competitive football in his career. So I doubt our rivals are too concerned to miss out on them either and im not sure how you can judge them to be "hands down" superior.

Oztumer certainly would struggle behind Dack, but Wildschut would definitely walk into our team.

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Of course Venkys have a plan.....it is the same as it always was. It was the same as day 1.....it is crystal clear. It is short term loans, cheap buys £5million a year budget tops. 

The fact that it was wrong then and is still wrong is irrelevent.

Still believe Mowbray and Waggott have added to this by getting their sums wrong for this summer and their original sums have come in within the Raos original plans so the Raos are happy

And that was when the Champions League domination was in their sights. Sadly, that budget also includes wages for every member of staff, running costs for Ewood and Brockhall and transfer and agents fees. After agents fees that means Venkys budgeting 50p for everything else. No wonder shirts are £50.

You could well be right about Mowbray and Waggott misjudging our budget range. The Championship is now PL-lite and transfer fees have exploded there too. Our 10-bob won’t buy us as much as it might have done two seasons ago.

• Like 1

Shouldn't I? Not saying you would, but some who are now saying Wildschut, Outzumer and Mcamanaman are great signings and better than what we have signed, would flip it completely around if we had signed the 3 of them. The genuine issues and concerns about their records would be highlighted. When Bolton and Wigan sign them it's apparently great business. I just find it funny is all 

Who said "great signings." 

Wildshut in particular and even McManaman would instantly get into our team. More so because we have no wingers worthy of the name!

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Wildshut in particular and even McManaman would instantly get into our team. More so because we have no wingers worthy of the name!

Only if the manager picked them.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A number of posters said it. 

Would wildschut get in ahead of Bennett? Not sure. Ya, mcmanaman from a few years back would be a great addition , dunno about now. The fact we are stuck for wingers means he would probably make the starting 11 as things stand , will it be the same come the end of the window? I don't think it will 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Although there is a touch of the Pavlov's Dog where Venky's are concerned in Stuart.

At some point we have to move on while they're still here. For all the crap we've had to go through it seems unarguable that we're less of a basket case now than we used to be. Small steps perhaps but at least these seem to be belatedly pointing in the right direction.

Personally,  I feel life's too short to just keep blindly shouting 'Venky's out' - not good for the stress levels....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Shouldn't I? Not saying you would, but some who are now saying Wildschut, Outzumer and Mcamanaman are great signings and better than what we have signed, would flip it completely around if we had signed the 3 of them. The genuine issues and concerns about their records would be highlighted. When Bolton and Wigan sign them it's apparently great business. I just find it funny is all.

You are making up your own agenda pal.  If we signed Otzumer instead of Rothwell, do you really think people would be saying "Meh we should have signed the injury plagued lad from Oxford."

Appreciate that clubs other than Rovers do make good signings (comparatively) -in some people's opinions (clearly not your own).  Just like fans of other teams will be comparing theirs to ours and doing likewise.

• Like 2

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

You are making up your own agenda pal.  If we signed Otzumer instead of Rothwell, do you really think people would be saying "Meh we should have signed the injury plagued lad from Oxford."

Appreciate that clubs other than Rovers do make good signings (comparatively) -in some people's opinions (clearly not your own).  Just like fans of other teams will be comparing theirs to ours and doing likewise.

An injury plagued lad from Oxford. Nice. 

Maybe not about otzumer, but I'm sure their fans are saying they would prefer Rothwell over Lowe. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

A number of posters said it. 

Would wildschut get in ahead of Bennett? Not sure. Ya, mcmanaman from a few years back would be a great addition , dunno about now. The fact we are stuck for wingers means currently he probably would make the starting 11 now , will it be the same come the end of the window? I don't think it will 

I would definitely say so as a winger, yes. Scored 14 in 50 games for Wigan, struggled for game time at Norwich, however Bennett didnt contribute with nearly enough goals or assists when played as a winger, even in League 1, and he doesnt offer a threat in behind either. Wildshut is really quick and powerful and would have offered us a different dimension that we dont have. Im not saying that there arent better wingers out there necessarily (whether they are obtainable, especially if we have strict budget restrictions, which we wont know until the window closes for sure) but im just answering your question of if Wildschut would get in our team, specifically ahead of Bennett, in my opinion.

That said, if he had joined now, youd imagine the 2 would be the wingers we would start with. I would suggest that Conway offers even less of an attacking threat than Bennett nowadays. Wide is an area whereby we are lacking even more than up front.

• Like 1

Just now, yeti-dog said:

Although there is a touch of the Pavlov's Dog where Venky's are concerned in Stuart.

At some point we have to move on while they're still here. For all the crap we've had to go through it seems unarguable that we're less of a basket case now than we used to be. Small steps perhaps but at least these seem to be belatedly pointing in the right direction.

Personally,  I feel life's too short to just keep blindly shouting 'Venky's out' - not good for the stress levels....

Very interested to hear how we can move on while they are still here. For me it’s an uneasy truce and I want nothing more than to see the back of them.

The problem is that we have regular reminders of how shackled we are and how much we are being superficially and artificially run as a club: transfer windows. Especially while ‘that lot’ down the road get stronger and stronger and our peers in the Championship spend bigger and bigger.

All we can realistically do is to ignore them and hope that they don’t “pull a Coyle” every couple of years - something they have done alarmingly regularly.

Their shadow will remain over everything until they leave. It isn’t possible to move on while they are still here. People don’t like analogies but it’s like a loved on life support. Things need to either get better or get fatally worse before any progress or grieving can take place.

There's no right or wrong answer Stuart - each to their own I guess. Regarding our dingle neighbours, I might have a sneaky punt on them coming down this year - bought nobody yet, have also got to contend with Europe with a relatively small squad. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we locked horns with them again next year.

Edited by yeti-dog

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

You honestly think Venkys have a plan? Of course they don’t. We are just the cousin nobody talks about any more.

Mowbray is having to plan based on the artificial budget he has to work in. Nothing to do with the loons.

Obviously you only posted it for provocative reasons but your question is idiotic and obtuse for a number of reasons...

1) Venkys are still here, it’s not the past, it’s the present.

2) Their “mistakes” see us in the situation we are in.

3) History is a huge part of what makes a football club so will be part of discussion. Should we never speak of our historical successes?

4) So, no, I expect I won’t.

Presumably you have “moved on”? “Got real”?

Do you think you’ll ever stop posting ad hominem and actually contribute some debate-worthy content?

Hilarious. The owners aren’t interested in what you think, IMO and via recent decisions, I don’t think they have a specific plans for the club, so I don’t have to see everything in Blue and White as their “plan”. That doesn’t mean I’m (as your entourage coined it) a “venkylover”, it means I’m prepared to judge situations without having to apply their past mistakes as a shadow.

The club doesn’t have to be viewed as “venky rovers”, it’s a choice you can make. I personally choose to accept they’re here but view the management/progress in isolation. That plan seems pretty solid to me.

You and others simply choose to wallow in the mistakes, for completely bizarre reasons. I think you personally can’t stand anyone else looking forward, or enjoying any aspect of the club - whilst you cannot.

Being criticised for a lack of debate, by someone who simply makes the same point over and over about any plethora of club issues- I’m sure I’ll be losing hours of sleep over that 

30 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Spot on. 

Just now, Biz said:

Being criticised for a lack of debate, by someone who simply makes the same point over and over about any plethora of club issues- I’m sure I’ll be losing hours of sleep over that 

You really are utterly shameless.

• Like 1