BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

2 hours ago, Tormund said:

Exactly. Can’t see Morris getting in the Norwich team, I think their German man has other plans. He did well at Shrewsbury. 

Did he? 6 goals in 42 games? Up front for a top 3 team? So sayeth the Wikipedia anyway

2 hours ago, Tormund said:

Yes I saw him play a few times. He didn’t always score but his all round game was good.

Fair enough. I'd want more goals from a striker looking to step up a level though, regardless of all round play.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Fair enough. I'd want more goals from a striker looking to step up a level though, regardless of all round play.

Think we’d create more than that Shrewsbury team but yes it all depends on the ‘budget’. 

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hopefully never. Nowhere near good enough. Apparently loan interest in him according to the Lancashire Telegraph so hope he sees out his contract elsewehere.

Mowbray has mentioned a few times before, having players on different lists, first choice targets, second choice, third etc.

Would like to think the quality on the first list would be the likes of Maddison, like Dack has proven to be consistently a class above League 1, Armstrong who we know compliments Graham and Dack brilliantly. Think Winnall and Mckay are the types that youd have as second choices choices, shown their quality before but their careers have been on a slide. Gallagher and Toney wouldnt even be on 3rd choice list for me and Bradshaw would cost far too much considering his poor goal record. You defend him saying his team didnt create chances (not sure how you know that) as if weve got the attacking midfielders to improve that for him.

Just saying I want our players to play in their positions.

Think hes seriously injured. Besides, hardly prolific at League 1 level.

Firstly, Morris was at Shrewsbury when he played a target man role. But They were very defensively side and didn't really created chances for him. If he had been with us with Dack and others in team I feel he would have scored more. 

I would go Gallagher, Winnall, Armstrong, Mckay and Maddison would be good for us.

Hopefully in the next week we see some signings 

19 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Chaddy mate, roversfan99 went to trouble to talk at length about the concerns with Rothwell. I might not agree, but you can't just reply with 'so what?' and 'lets see where he plays'. He deserves a better reply, and I'm sure you can give one.

Its the same thing that been discuss previously. 

I don't see what other teams fans comments about our signings matter tbh. they cant be neutral can they? always going to be biased aren't they

We all know what fans said Gestede and Downing, etc and look what happened

Lets judge them in Blue and White shirt

Edited by chaddyrovers
add more

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Firstly, Morris was at Shrewsbury when he played a target man role. But They were very defensively side and didn't really created chances for him. If he had been with us with Dack and others in team I feel he would have scored more. 

I would go Gallagher, Winnall, Armstrong, Mckay and Maddison would be good for us.

Sure nixon said winnall was still out a few months when a Sheffield United fan asked him about him. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I meant Bradshaw in regards to not creating many chances for him, not Morris who is injured so its irrelevant. But I dont get how its a valid argument anyway as we dont have a very creative team so surely he would struggle for goals here too?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Its the same thing that been discuss previously. 

I don't see what other teams fans comments about our signings matter tbh. they cant be neutral can they? always going to be biased aren't they

We all know what fans said Gestede and Downing, etc and look what happened

Lets judge them in Blue and White shirt

How can you be biased about a players favoured position? They are likely to be the most knowledgeable about the player as he spent his most recent career there. So their opinions are valid.

Players do get judged on their time here but we can only base our conversations on a messageboard on their career to date.

• Like 1

Pitman has scored in all leagues and are a reliable honest player. Would go for him as he would score in the Championship! Eaves had a very good season for Gills but may be unproven and Bradshaw is a profilic striker.

Honestly would rather go for someone who is younger. We need to be building a squad which will challenger the top ends of the league in the upcoming seasons so the core of the squad need to be at a young age. Experience is alway needed but we already have DG who provides that. 

Hugill would be my top target, however I imagine he is out of our reach. 

Stoke must see something I don’t see. 1.5 million possibly but 7 million.More money than sense. Good luck to them. At the end of this season there are going to be one or two really disappointed teams. Stoke, Forest, derby and boro spending a lot of money.

Someone earlier in this thread said there is a correlation between promotion and a good manager and a committed team. Cardiff, Burnley and Huddersfield are examples. Let’s hope we join that group

53 minutes ago, neophox said:

Pitman has scored in all leagues and are a reliable honest player. Would go for him as he would score in the Championship! Eaves had a very good season for Gills but may be unproven and Bradshaw is a profilic striker.

Calling Bradshaw prolific is way off. Hes scored 17 goals in 80 games in the championship. Around 65 goals in 240 games in the football league, with nearly 40 in league one. Prolific he is not, and certainly not at championship level. Pitman way too unfit for championship football. Eaves was an okay player in league one. All three players i would hope we wouldn't even consider. However probably the kind of player we will sign. 

I may be a lone voice in the wilderness but I have a good feeling about us this year. Mowbray has done the right things by looking after the soldiers that got you there. Football is a team game and while I agree additions up front are required maintaining group dynamics is important and on that front the job done is A+

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stoke after Sam Gallagher for 7 million pounds. 

In the Sunday Sun

That would be crazy money for someone with such a poor record. 

Is it Nixon who wrote that? If so, thats 3 different teams in a week hes going to.

Regarding Bayliss, another central midfielder? No thanks.