BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Peterborough's chairman said yesterday the club in for Maddison were recently relegated from the Prem and were waiting to sell a player before buying Maddison. Rules us out. EDIT: Just realised he's on about Marriott not maddison. We're still in the chase lads :lol: 

Edited by Butty

Just now, R1verS1deBlue said:

traffic-Light-icon.png.601b02eaa5b70ac7b1b903100eaafa99.png

same old

same old

How many matches to save the club? How many appraisals do you think Tony needs, will Elton John cancel all future gigs, how many times are you going to change your username this season?

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Otzumer and wildschut on loan are not better signings than Davenport and Rothwell. What has Otzumer done in the championship, is he not bought on potential too? Wildschut is a loan. Let's see who will have the most sell on value in a season or two. 

The rose tinted view some fans have of other clubs is hillarious. Making out Mcmanaman is some amazing signing for Wigan yesterday. If we signed him people would be saying he hasn't done anything in the last 3 seasons. 

What has Rothwell done in the champ?  Wasn't always a first teamer  for Oxford. Be interesting to compare Otzumer's stats with Rothwells at the end of the season.    Davenport could be decent.  Yes Wildschutt is a loan and a very good one at this level. Loans are hard to do though because of the world cup...

14 hours ago, neophox said:

One thing for sure is that you never know what TM has in his pockets... everything under wraps.

And that is what some people are not taking note off. Business behind closed doors not in public??

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Otzumer and wildschut on loan are not better signings than Davenport and Rothwell. What has Otzumer done in the championship, is he not bought on potential too? Wildschut is a loan. Let's see who will have the most sell on value in a season or two. 

The rose tinted view some fans have of other clubs is hillarious. Making out Mcmanaman is some amazing signing for Wigan yesterday. If we signed him people would be saying he hasn't done anything in the last 3 seasons. 

Otzumer is hands down a higher calibre signing than Rothwell. They're both only League One experience so far (bar something like 3 championship appearances for Rothwell with Blackpool) but Oztumer has been a huge hit in League One for a few seasons. He was a player we looked at before we got Dack I believe. We should have gone for him this time for free I feel. He is a bit older so maybe less re-sale, but will likely hit the ground running far sooner.

Davenport perm is probably a lot better long term than a Wildschuut loan. But the latter is far more established. I have high hopes for Davenport though - even this season. I feel that in a few months he will have proven indispensable. Can't say I've seen more than a few highlights, but nobody has anything but glowing praise for the lad, and it sounds like he will fit perfectly in our system and give us better distribution to the top end of the pitch.

• Like 1

Can't lie Bolton so FAR have done better business than us regarding transfers (besides Lowe ). No doubt about that. 

However the extensions of contracts, in particular lenihan and dack have been impressive. Will judge the window when it closes. 

Williams in later days of austerity under the trust said in the short to medium term it's better to try and keep the good players you have and keep them happy with their contracts than keep trying to trade in terms of stability when there's no real money.

Therefore this squad should be bouncing after promotion and pay rises so that should help plus Mowbray has said coming to Ewood isn't about just getting big wages anymore they have to be earned.

It's going to be small steps i'm afraid and as I've bleated numerous times there really won't be much room in the budget after all that's already been committed. I'll take no sales and retaining good players as a positive and pray it is actually part of a 3 to 5 year genuine plan although we desperately need some more quality be it permanent or loan to ensure any decent work isn't all undone next season.

Other side of the coin I don't know whether this plan if it exists is a genuine one to try and build a side for a tilt at the top end or just to grow a team to sell again for the percentage boys and to plug the big hole of running costs. Venky world will never sit well with me but i'm trying.

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Otzumer is hands down a higher calibre signing than Rothwell. They're both only League One experience so far (bar something like 3 championship appearances for Rothwell with Blackpool) but Oztumer has been a huge hit in League One for a few seasons. He was a player we looked at before we got Dack I believe. We should have gone for him this time for free I feel. He is a bit older so maybe less re-sale, but will likely hit the ground running far sooner.

Davenport perm is probably a lot better long term than a Wildschuut loan. But the latter is far more established. I have high hopes for Davenport though - even this season. I feel that in a few months he will have proven indispensable. Can't say I've seen more than a few highlights, but nobody has anything but glowing praise for the lad, and it sounds like he will fit perfectly in our system and give us better distribution to the top end of the pitch.

Maybe we were in for Otzimer, but coming here would mean playing second fiddle to our best player. 

Just now, pick32 said:

Wonder how much Joel Campbell is available for or could try a loan offer.

Probably circa 20m. He'll be on 40k+ wages too I imagine.

34 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's hard to escape the feeling that we'll never really aspire to our old status as long as these idiots hold the keys to the club.  They have us in a death grip.

When Venkys are done we may well be back to our old status. That being 1985.

Although I’d take that to be shut of them.

Of course I’d prefer them to sell us to someone who gives a shit about Rovers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Agree completely. I think otzumer is a bit too lightweight and may not cut it the next level up. Could be proved wrong mind you but that's my honest opinion. 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Maybe we were in for Otzimer, but coming here would mean playing second fiddle to our best player. 

Quite possibly. No links, but that doesn't mean anything these days. I reckon both him and Dack have more versatility than just that one position and could have featured together. Immaterial now I guess, as he's Bolton's player. They've done well there. Hope they get relegated though! Jason Lowe starting every week would help...

Just now, tomphil said:

Williams in later days of austerity under the trust said in the short to medium term it's better to try and keep the good players you have and keep them happy with their contracts than keep trying to trade in terms of stability when there's no real money.

Therefore this squad should be bouncing after promotion and pay rises so that should help plus Mowbray has said coming to Ewood isn't about just getting big wages anymore they have to be earned.

It's going to be small steps i'm afraid and as I've bleated numerous times there really won't be much room in the budget after all that's already been committed. I'll take no sales and retaining good players as a positive and pray it is actually part of a 3 to 5 year genuine plan although we desperately need some more quality be it permanent or loan to ensure any decent work isn't all undone next season.

Other side of the coin I don't know whether this plan if it exists is a genuine one to try and build a side for a tilt at the top end or just to grow a team to sell again for the percentage boys and to plug the big hole of running costs. Venky world will never sit well with me but i'm trying.

Plan? Pretty sure at this point that there is no plan.

Things at this club have been Stable™️ on two occasions under the Raos:

Once when the Agnew/Shaw/Singh axis was broken up (incorrectly attributed to Bowyer, who in reality got a massive lucky break), and once more when Mowbray arrived in the wake of Coyle/Senior/Pasha departing (another lucky break really for an experienced manager whose stock was low at the time). In reality this faux stability is akin to the quiet (or even disquiet) experienced after a small town has been flattened a tornado.

This illusion of normalcy has taken the heat off Venkys but in reality we are only one mistake away from another disaster. Lest we forget, somebody employed Coyle only two short years ago...

• Like 6

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Like to see us go for Bakary Sako available on a free transfer, a quick strong winger. Who always caused us problems when he was a Wolves.

Good player but he spends a lot of his time out injured.Will probably be on big enough money aswell

29 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Plan? Pretty sure at this point that there is no plan.

Seems quite obvious to me, pragmatic spending, keep the best players, add youth and potential, slowly move forwards.

Do you think you’ll ever look at Rovers again without having to refer back in time? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Like to see us go for Bakary Sako available on a free transfer, a quick strong winger. Who always caused us problems when he was a Wolves.

I’d sign him just so he doesn’t play against us, he’s looked a world beater every time he has for some reason!

• Like 1

Just now, Biz said:

Seems quite obvious to me, pragmatic spending, keep the best players, add youth and potential, slowly move forwards.

Do you think you’ll ever look at Rovers again without having to refer back in time? 

You honestly think Venkys have a plan? Of course they don’t. We are just the cousin nobody talks about any more.

Mowbray is having to plan based on the artificial budget he has to work in. Nothing to do with the loons.

Obviously you only posted it for provocative reasons but your question is idiotic and obtuse for a number of reasons...

1) Venkys are still here, it’s not the past, it’s the present.

2) Their “mistakes” see us in the situation we are in.

3) History is a huge part of what makes a football club so will be part of discussion. Should we never speak of our historical successes?

4) So, no, I expect I won’t.

Presumably you have “moved on”? “Got real”?

Do you think you’ll ever stop posting ad hominem and actually contribute some debate-worthy content?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Quite possibly. No links, but that doesn't mean anything these days. I reckon both him and Dack have more versatility than just that one position and could have featured together. Immaterial now I guess, as he's Bolton's player. They've done well there. Hope they get relegated though! Jason Lowe starting every week would help...

Ya, we will see. 

It's funny though, if we signed Outzumer fans would be saying "he's lightweight, unproven at this level, we already have Dack, budget should have been used elsewhere yada yada Yada" However, Bolton sign him and its some sort of masterstroke. Gas 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1