BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

• Backroom

7m for a lad with about 20 goals in the championship - madness, sheer madness.

Wonder what Matt Jansen goes for in today’s money? Even Marcus Bent would be a £10 million man 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

Stoke must see something I don’t see. 1.5 million possibly but 7 million.More money than sense. Good luck to them. At the end of this season there are going to be one or two really disappointed teams. Stoke, Forest, derby and boro spending a lot of money.

Someone earlier in this thread said there is a correlation between promotion and a good manager and a committed team. Cardiff, Burnley and Huddersfield are examples. Let’s hope we join that group

I wouldn't even torture yourself talking about promotion mate. If we can stay up this season and push on from there then maybe. This team as it is certainly isn't good enough to go up I think that's pretty clear. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

I wouldn't even torture yourself talking about promotion mate. If we can stay up this season and push on from there then maybe. This team as it is certainly isn't good enough to go up I think that's pretty clear. 

If your going to dream dream big

25 minutes ago, Tom said:

7m for a lad with about 20 goals in the championship - madness, sheer madness.

Wonder what Matt Jansen goes for in today’s money? Even Marcus Bent would be a £10 million man 

Garner would cost circa £45m. Chris Thompson £8m. Sean Curry £3m. Paul McKinnon? Literally priceless.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stoke after Sam Gallagher for 7 million pounds. 

In the Sunday Sun

If this is true, it is further evidence that the Championship transfer market has gone mad and that Mowbray's budget is nowhere near the going rate at present.

Not worth a tenth of that.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

If this is true, it is further evidence that the Championship transfer market has gone mad and that Mowbray's budget is nowhere near the going rate at present.

It also might explain the current hold up on transfers.

If Armstrong/Gallagher are 5+ million just because they have premier league clubs, I’d rather us look down the pyramid.

Agree with a few yesterday on Pitman. Would be a great second Danny Graham. I still think we’d need a pacy “wide forward” style one to go with.

8 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I agree the market is mental and so expensive for average players

So I happy for us to sign players for the right prices not get involve in crazy overpriced market

7 hours ago, Tom said:

17 goals in 89 games in the championship - £7m price tag 

People can't really have it both ways about Gallagher. As We've grown increasingly desperate in recent days I keep reading about what a good job he'd do for us on Loan. If you think he's a decent player then 7m for a young striker his age on a permanent deal probably isn't that unreasonable.

Personally I think he's willing but fairly ordinary at best and not the answer either on loan or permanently.

I'd also have thought that with the prices being bandied about for mediocre home grown talent there must be better players available abroad for the same sort of money.

The problem of course is whether they'll be able to settle properly in this country and adapt to the pace and physicality of the English Leagues etc.

Edit: whoops see several others beat me to it.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Crazy overpriced market in England... why aren't Mowbray and his scouting team looking abroad? Can't remember any foreign players being linked.

Exactly. Would be crazy just to look in the English market. So many gems overseas for lower prices.

26 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Crazy overpriced market in England... why aren't Mowbray and his scouting team looking abroad? Can't remember any foreign players being linked.

Very good point. We were told the new scouting system would be in place for the summer. Maybe that just means setting it up, and they haven't been able to do much actual scouting yet?

I wonder if Mowbray has form for buying abroad at previous clubs, or he just prefers the domestic market for the fact players need less time to adapt? If so, that would be shortsighted.

17 minutes ago, neophox said:

Pacy iranian/swedish striker Saman Ghoddos scored two goals yesterday for Ostersunds. Yes Potters old side. Should look at him!

Our scouting/management team have probably never heard of him!

1 hour ago, Swanson said:

Looking at that you would say his successes were the British based players (exception being Jonas Olson).  Perhaps that explains his reluctance to look abroad. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Richarlison going for £50m, this is the moment  football ceases to exist. 

Was just about to write something similar .. When joe average players are costing that amount of money it makes me want to do something else on a Saturday 

• Like 1

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Looking at that you would say his successes were the British based players (exception being Jonas Olson).  Perhaps that explains his reluctance to look abroad. 

Robert Koren was a good player for them.