BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

They would improve us as we haven't signed anyone for those positions. Let's judge at the end of the window. Give me Armstrong, Maddison or Chapman over any of those wingers 

I think everyone would agree (personally I dont want Chapman) and people are level headed enough to judge at window end.

Its understandable why people become slight tetchy as time goes by, while our rivals are signing players for affordable fees that would have improved us, espcially under the cloud that is Venkys.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What do mean? 

Good news???

Probably because we can do better than Harrison. Just like we can do better than Ryan Kent who's never done anything at championship level bar a few good games for Barnsley.

17 minutes ago, neophox said:

Hes no better than Nuttal and Samuel... relax we need someone better!

He is far better than those two, nuttall wasn’t wanted at Aberdeen. Says enough for me. Samuel has potential perhaps but needs to use his power and pace. Morris is a beast, think he will be a prem striker one day. Also don’t tell me to relax it’s condescending and we are getting hella close to season starting. Sick of refreshing thinking a link or signing will come and nothing

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

End of the day the market is what it is. A combination of parachute payments and owners desperate for the ever increasing PL riches have transformed the league in our only short absence.

The owners either accept that and up budgets accordingly or we come to terms with the fact we will be largely a bottom reaches of the Championship club (at best).

I find it very odd if as it appears we have completely misjudged the Championship market. TM has been around the block long enough to know the score and we would have been aware of the approximate state of the market from speaking to agents.

I can't believe we would have fixed the budget before we made any enquiries.

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

I think you are right.

When Rich Sharpe spoke at the Rovers Trust meeting in early June he seemed convinced that we would make 6 decent signings ( including loans) that would impact the 1st team. He had spoken to Mowbray that day and all seemed optimistic after the trip to India. It seemed that Mowbray had a definite list of targets at this point.

I think it was implied that the budget was better than last year ( bearing in mind the sale of Steele mostly paid for Dack ).

Since then, Venky's have had a lot to deal with in India - the Indian stock exchange has placed the company under ASM ( additional surveillance measures ) due to some irregularities in share dealings. Nothing illegal, but it has had a drastic affect on their share price which is plummeting ( down over 50% in a few weeks ). They are also nervous of an upcoming election which may reverse the beef ban in India and will affect their business.

So the EFL transfer window is probably not on their agenda at the moment and any extra money leaving the company to pay for Rovers players would not be too popular with Venky's shareholders.

We are way down their list of priorities and it will always be the case. There may be other reasons why we have not signed the players Mowbray hoped to get in before the Austria trip but I bet Communication with Venky's and release of funds is a major problem at the moment.

Fingers crossed the Indian govt reverses the ban on beef and the Venky's go bankrupt. 

Just now, perthblue02 said:

That's very disappointing. He needed to be playing League One now. Hard to see how he will end up in the first team here, as presumably we will want him tested in League One before he gets to play for us in the Championship

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Can someone tell me why on earth he was playing for us today then? Why are we not giving time to the squad who will be with us at Ipswich?  That is so stupid

• Like 1

Just now, Tormund said:

Not happy with that. Would rather keep him. That’s him gone for another year and probably won’t make the first team here.

He wouldn't have been given a 3 year contract last week if that was the case. 

What's better for him and us long term , him sat on the bench here occasionally filling in when Lenihan,Mulgrew,Williams and probably Downing are unavailable. 

He will play every week for Lincoln it's a good move for all concerned 

• Like 1

Really disappointing news but, even stranger, why - when we are skint and light of options - are we signing players and then 5 minutes later loaning then out? We’re not flipping Chelsea.

With all the tales of woe about playing the waiting game on other clubs, why isn’t this a deadline day announcement - once our business is done.

Hope we have a short notice agreement to bring him back if needed.

Just now, islander200 said:

What's better for him and us long term , him sat on the bench here occasionally filling in when Lenihan,Mulgrew,Williams and probably Downing are unavailable. 

Not really when I’d have him ahead of Downing. We’ve got to start putting more faith into our talented youth.

What would be more annoying is if we sign a centre back now.

Edited by Tormund
  • Like 2

Surely if we rate him (a three year deal suggests we do) and we want him to get experience as part of his development, surely he should have been going out to a L1 club at this point? He’d have got a better test at Stanley even and we could have followed his progress closely.

Surely he could have played at the next tier though, if he is even remotely close to being good enough for our squad. At most this should have been a 6 month deal so we could move him up a tier in Jan.

Hope there is a recall clause at least, for if we have an injury crisis. Unless we have Bauer lined up now.

Got no problem with him going out on loan, we've got enough cover there imo and he needs first team football. However why he was playing today I don't understand as other players could have got more minutes and also feel like he would be better off testing himself at a lower league 1 club.

Just now, Stuart said:

Surely if we rate him (a three year deal suggests we do) and we want him to get experience as part of his development, surely he should have been going out to a L1 club at this point? He’d have got a better test at Stanley even and we could have followed his progress closely.

Or Rochdale.