BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

58 minutes ago, DE. said:

Very possible Dack will move on if he has another good season. Mulgrew's age and injury proneness will make him less likely to move on, imo. Will be interesting to see how he handles this season. Last time we were in the Championship Mulgrew struggled for fitness, so we'll see whether last season was a one off due to lesser demands or whether he genuinely is holding up better. I'd be surprised if Armstrong has such a good season that he'll be ready to move on by next season. I imagine he'll be here for a couple of years at least, he still has a lot to prove at this level, let alone any higher.

Or in an alternative universe mulgrews fitness holds up and he proves a positive asset rather than a liability. Armstrong ends up the leagues leading scorer due to a manager who brings the best out of him. Team unity and work ethic takes us to promotion and Dack extends his contract.

Now doesn’t that feel better.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You have, and the involvement of Waggott in the process is not only irrelevant but im not particularly interested. When exactly the owners get involved, again, not bothered. Do I trust them to spend any money? Not at all.

why would they(owners) reduced the budget now. - and the award for the most naive comment ever goes to! Have you been in a cave during the last 8 years? 

My point is, you keep saying that we need to trust Mowbray to get the right players for the right prices. No one has suggested otherwise.

You say Mowbray has said he has money, he might think he has but Venkys have history of whipping the carpet out from under a managers feet.

Even if you have trust in Venkys not reducing the budget all of a sudden, after everything thats happened, surely you appreciate why others are skeptical, are dubious of what the owners will do next

Please stop confusing this with not trusting Mowbray.

So if you trust Mowbray then get behind him and stop question whether we have money to spend. Both him and Waggott has said money is there to spend. So stop saying otherwise. Some of us have being saying for a while money is there but Mowbray will use it wisely. The owners have given him a budget to spend. 

The owners trust Mowbray alot and they will back him. 

No need for cave comment at all. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

So if you trust Mowbray then get behind him and stop question whether we have money to spend. Both him and Waggott has said money is there to spend. So stop saying otherwise. Some of us have being saying for a while money is there but Mowbray will use it wisely. The owners have given him a budget to spend. 

No need for cave comment at all. The last 18 months have been complete contrast to the previous 7 years. 

18 months ? We've been relegated to the third division in that time with the debt growing ..... what are you on about chaddy.

Think the key is, as people have suggested, is to bring in a striker capable of playing with his back to play. We have some exciting players, Dack, Palmer, Armstrong, they all are players who run on to play, theyve all got goals in them, they all can get in behind, to do that, the striker needs to vacate the space and link it up, Graham is the master of that. 

Think we will struggle to get someone as effective, as intelligent and as good at what he does as Danny Graham. We need someone to ease the burden on him, as his fitness, with age, will not allow him to play 90 minutes of 46 games. Obviously its a shame, as not only does he have all of the skillset that I have listed above, he also had an almost telepathic link with Dack. See the 3rd goal v Peterborough, the 3rd v Wimbledon, the goal v Fleetwood etc. Same with Armstrong, both goals v MK Dons are perfect examples.

Sam Gallagher is not that man. I feel like hes a lazy suggestion based on the fact that hes been here before. He is incapable of playing with his back to goal, and Mowbray seemed to realise that, hence him playing wide of Graham when he was here before, running on to play. Hes decent at a few things, hes quite quick, he can head the ball if he gets a run on his man and isnt challenged for it, but hes never a target man in a million years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

@JAL I can enjoy your posts a lot more now that I get it’s a wind up.

You never answered Tom though... what changed from this to now?

C12DF1CE-FB32-44C3-B6E8-4CD727A73D33.jpeg

And who do you recommend we sign now?

He has lots of form for this. For example, he constantly described Phil Jones as a 'dud' (he appears to have a problem with young players coming through the ranks) then said he was going to be "The next Bobby Moore" and "The next Duncan Edwards" when Jones joined the Stretford Rags. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAL said:

18 months ? We've been relegated to the third division in that time with the debt growing ..... what are you on about chaddy.

And then promoted under one of  the most open and honest guy Blackburn Rovers have ever had in the club manager. Plus he build a squad that matched the club motto on badge. Plus appointing a proper chief Excutive finally

Edited by chaddyrovers

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No need for cave comment at all. 

Its nothing to do with trusting Mowbray!!! I do trust Mowbray. My point is that, first of all, I havent said there is no money to spend, I dont know for sure, my point is, until players have been bought and are lifting a blue and white scarf and a shirt, im always dubious. Mowbray im sure has been told he has money. But until its spent, theres always a chance that the owners will change their mind.

(I dont have any trust in Waggott particularly, Mowbray has done something to earn my trust, he hasnt, but again, irrelevant)

Neither of us know for sure if we have money and how much, youve clearly a lot more faith in the owners fulfilling what they promise than I do.

All I was trying to do is get you to stop spreading the myth that no one has any trust in Mowbray.

If you arent going to listen to me then there is no point in continuing this conversation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

He has lots of form for this. For example, he constantly described Phil Jones as a 'dud' (he appears to have a problem with young players coming through the ranks) then said he was going to be "The next Bobby Moore" and "The next Duncan Edwards" when Jones joined the Stretford 

Last season at Birmingham City Sam Gallagher shaped like an out and out w#nker. Who in their right mind would have him now. ?

Play chaddy upfront he might do a better job talks a good game.

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And then promoted under one of  the most open and honest guy Blackburn Rovers have ever had in the manager club. Plus he build a squad that matched the club motto on badge. Plus appointing a proper chief Excutive finally

Openess ? Has Mowbray appointed Waggot the guy who #ucked our fans off from the Darwen end . The guy who's put us in this awful home kit. 

59 minutes ago, JAL said:

Last season at Birmingham City Sam Gallagher shaped like an out and out w#nker. Who in their right mind would have him now. ?

I didn’t see many Birmingham games last season tbh so you’d know better I suppose.

He’s not top of my list, but I’d be willing to give him a chance to see what he could do for us now.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Think the key is, as people have suggested, is to bring in a striker capable of playing with his back to play. We have some exciting players, Dack, Palmer, Armstrong, they all are players who run on to play, theyve all got goals in them, they all can get in behind, to do that, the striker needs to vacate the space and link it up, Graham is the master of that. 

Think we will struggle to get someone as effective, as intelligent and as good at what he does as Danny Graham. We need someone to ease the burden on him, as his fitness, with age, will not allow him to play 90 minutes of 46 games. Obviously its a shame, as not only does he have all of the skillset that I have listed above, he also had an almost telepathic link with Dack. See the 3rd goal v Peterborough, the 3rd v Wimbledon, the goal v Fleetwood etc. Same with Armstrong, both goals v MK Dons are perfect examples.

Sam Gallagher is not that man. I feel like hes a lazy suggestion based on the fact that hes been here before. He is incapable of playing with his back to goal, and Mowbray seemed to realise that, hence him playing wide of Graham when he was here before, running on to play. Hes decent at a few things, hes quite quick, he can head the ball if he gets a run on his man and isnt challenged for it, but hes never a target man in a million years.

Gallagher is better than you say in my opinion. At the very least his physique means he should be capable of holding up play, maybe somebody like an old tough cetre-half might be able to guide him on. Mowbray has worked with him before, so if he goes back, he obviously sees something in him. With his height, he's a different option as a last 20 minutes sub too. 

We also need to be realistic, we are a newly promoted club, with little cash. We aren't in the same market as others in this league as an attraction. He knows the club, knows most of the players, and I believe left on good terms. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Baz said:

Gallagher is better than you say in my opinion. At the very least his physique means he should be capable of holding up play, maybe somebody like an old tough cetre-half might be able to guide him on. Mowbray has worked with him before, so if he goes back, he obviously sees something in him. With his height, he's a different option as a last 20 minutes sub too. 

We also need to be realistic, we are a newly promoted club, with little cash. We aren't in the same market as others in this league as an attraction. He knows the club, knows most of the players, and I believe left on good terms. 

Its not a matter of being realistic, dont like that as an argument really because it doesnt really mean anything. Its not a matter of being realistic in terms of signing players that play in the roles that you need. It would be like us signing a full back who can play at centre back, to give us cover at centre back, that wouldnt be wise either.

Hes being linked with 7m moves so any signing would probably be on loan, and even on loan last year Birmingham had to pay quite a large amount if I recall just to loan him, so I dont understand how its a point in terms of Gallagher being an example of an obviously realistic potential signing.

My main point was on the type of player we need, and how I dont think he is. I dont feel at all that Gallagher is a target man type of striker, therefore hes not fit for purpose in the type of player we need. I respect your opinion in regards to Gallaghers style of play but you mention that he should be able to hold up play. He is tall but quite lean and weak, he was easily bullied. He did score a few headers but they were based on good movement, when he was battling with a defender he seemed so easy to beat in the air. He was better facing goal because he was deceptively quick. Do we need that type of striker, poor in the air but quick when we have Armstrong and Samuel? Not for me.

I appreciate that he knows the club and the players but for me thats not enough. Fans seem to have a natural instinct to suggest old players, but he wouldnt fill the void we need to fill. Im not expecting us to bring in anyone to transform our team, nor do I have a list of alternative target men as I am not a scout before people throw that one at me. Just a player with the skillset to play, often with his back to goal, and to link play like Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAL said:

Are you really Rovers fans or daft young kids ?

You're asking me if I'm a Rovers fan when you're quite clearly a dingle on a wind up? Roll on half 5 today when you're slagging Nyambe off after we get beat at Ipswich. I hope we win because you only seem to show your face on here when we get beat, ripping into our players when you don't even watch the games. You're a joke mate, if you are a dingle which is my thought then fair play you've got another bite. But if you're actually a Rovers fan and you mean what you say then you need help my friend. Stay strong and cheer them on today ;) 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Butty said:

You're asking me if I'm a Rovers fan when you're quite clearly a dingle on a wind up? Roll on half 5 today when you're slagging Nyambe off after we get beat at Ipswich. I hope we win because you only seem to show your face on here when we get beat, ripping into our players when you don't even watch the games. You're a joke mate, if you are a dingle which is my thought then fair play you've got another bite. But if you're actually a Rovers fan and you mean what you say then you need help my friend. Stay strong and cheer them on today ;) 

He does refer to Burnley alot tho. 

You 1st point is spot on about him, his attitude and his ways

I personally am not so thrilled with Gallagher.  I don't believe he is that good, seemed to me like he believed his own hype.  Maybe things would be different if he was here permanently.

This posh fella, I don't think we are getting him and does he really help improve the starting 11? is he an upper end of the Championship type player?

I would love to see a skillfull winger with oace that CAN cross a ball.  That said I do think the squad as it is now, with the togetherness and unity in the squad, can hold our own for a mid table finish.  Question is if we start out in a bad run hiw well does that unity remain.  Quietly optimistic for this season and that is so not me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Butty said:

Wish they would ban this broken tape recorder not cos he doesn't.go but his posts are like friggin groundhog day.  At least he gets his attention he craves.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I would love to see a skillfull winger with pace that CAN cross a ball.

Not asking much I think everyone in the league is looking for a player like that

Armstrong will end up being more of a winger as his height doesn't help him being up top

12 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Gallagher would be the perfect striker to bring in and have a season under the wing of Graham then next season step out of his shadow and be the main striker. He has bags of potential. He like Armstrong is a striker, not a winger. For a young lad he did superb why here for rovers, got into double figures in a relegation side managed by coyle and I never saw less than 110 pcent effort. He would blossom into an excellent player for a club like us under the right guidance. People can read stats all they want. I know what I saw and the lad is a talent

This - I really dont understand the hate for the kid. He has potential and did well last time despite us having a no-brain manager. 

Difficult to think of many others that are of a good age that could supplement Graham until he goes and then perhaps step up to replace him. Not worth 7mil of course and would imagine 2-3 mil would be enough.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I like 4-4-2 matey, it's probably my preferred system of play  but like any system you need the player to fit the roles. Dack can't be left out of the equation because he's our match winner. For me he's the first name on the team sheet. He needs to play behind two strikers in a diamond midfield or behind a single striker in a 4-4-1-1. You need  to have him on the ball as much as possible and running at teams, anything else is a waste of our best asset.

I agree about Dack!  The 4 4 2 was in response to how do we fit Armstrong up front in a two - playing off another striker.  I'm not a fan of 3 at the back.  We don't have the personnel to play 4 4 2 these days.  Mainly due to lack of wide men.  I'd love two have a couple of nippy wingers (a proper lefty and righty) both playing on their natural wing.  They could still play the wide roles of a '3' as well.  Add another striker and that would be a top window with a very flexible squad. Chapman and Maddison would be perfect lol

In the event of Dack being out the side.  Then we have the option of changing our attacks from central to wide, playing with pace (not Bennett and Conway)  and adding an extra striker  to make up the goal threat.

* The most dangerous player I saw at Ewood in the last few years was the much under used  Josh King coming off the bench and playing down the wing late on.  His pace caused havoc.  We need that type of threat from the bench.

Bowyer seemed to want that blistering pace out wide - as he brought in Barrow on loan as well.  Then never played them!!!

All hypothetical though, as TM doesn't seem to want to go down that route or I'm pretty certain he'd have signed a couple.  Maybe the lad Simmonds in the under 23s may develop into that role. 

And hopefully Dack doesn't get injured!

Game Day ?

6 hours ago, JAL said:

In the time waggott has been involved we’ve done nothing but move forwards. It’s not simply his responsibility but to find a way to criticise him right now is just basic nonsense or (jalsense)

You are a fantastic example of why humanity isn’t ready for the internet.

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

This - I really dont understand the hate for the kid. He has potential and did well last time despite us having a no-brain manager. 

Difficult to think of many others that are of a good age that could supplement Graham until he goes and then perhaps step up to replace him. Not worth 7mil of course and would imagine 2-3 mil would be enough.

Agree.  Would be happy with Gallagher.  At 6ft 4 he will win as many flick-ons as Graham and is more mobile.  Good age and could bulk up as his career develops.  Would also learn a lot from Graham.  He's got all the attributes to work with, height, deceptively quick and works hard. 

• Like 1

June: JAL wants us to sign Gallagher

Early August: JAL thinks Gallagher is wank

What did he do in that two months to go from hero to zero?

Think this just proves that you are a WUM and not a very good one at that.

Forget the Chaddometer, we need the JAL-o-meter.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JAL said:

Are you really Rovers fans or daft young kids ?

You don’t help yourself mate but the abuse you’ve had to put up with since late yesterday has been pretty disgusting. Most of those posts appear to have been left to stand by the mods too, which is disappointing. Hopefully these will be picked up this morning.

If the hateful posts had been aimed at another member, there would have been some bans or at least sin bins handed out. At the very least the uber-positive posters would certainly have had one or two others wading in to defend them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Everyone is not entitled to spew personal abuse at others. We all like a joke and a bit of ribbing but let’s not make it personal.

• Like 1