BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

On 28/11/2018 at 10:22, OnePhilT said:

Against Preston North End, Graham didn't start, and we collapsed within 10 minutes. When Graham came on at half-time, his first-touch (I think) gave a us a goal, and we were at least performing better than in the first half.

Not sure what game you were watching - but we were much worse in the second half against Preston than the first. First 10 minutes aside, we were on top in the first half. Second half was an absolute shambles.

The stats would back that up as well:

First Half

Possession: PNE 37%; Rovers 63%

Goal Attempts: PNE 4; Rovers 7

Corner Kicks: PNE 2; Rovers 4

Keeper Saves: PNE 4; Rovers 0

Completed Passes: PNE 96; Rovers 189

Second Half

Possession: PNE 49%; Rovers 51%

Goal Attempts: PNE 11; Rovers 2

Corner Kicks: PNE 2; Rovers 1

Keeper Saves: PNE 1; Rovers 1

Completed Passes: Pne 135; Rovers 146

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Not sure what game you were watching - but we were much worse in the second half against Preston than the first. First 10 minutes aside, we were on top in the first half. Second half was an absolute shambles.

The stats would back that up as well:

First Half

Possession: PNE 37%; Rovers 63%

Goal Attempts: PNE 4; Rovers 7

Corner Kicks: PNE 2; Rovers 4

Keeper Saves: PNE 4; Rovers 0

Completed Passes: PNE 96; Rovers 189

Second Half

Possession: PNE 49%; Rovers 51%

Goal Attempts: PNE 11; Rovers 2

Corner Kicks: PNE 2; Rovers 1

Keeper Saves: PNE 1; Rovers 1

Completed Passes: Pne 135; Rovers 146

All meaningless the only one stat that matters and that is goals scored.

First Half:

PNE 2; Rovers 0

Second Half: 

PNE 2; Rovers 1

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

The earliest BB has ever got on the pitch for Rovers is half-time …. when he was unveiled. 

It's time he started a game to see what he can do. It's not like we're any good without him. 

He started against Bournemouth in the cup. But otherwise, completely agree.

On 28/11/2018 at 10:22, OnePhilT said:

Against Bristol City, we were 2-1 down when Graham went off, and went on to collapse by losing 4-1.

Against Swansea City, we were 1-0 up when Graham went off, and went on to collapse by losing 3-1.

Against Preston North End, Graham didn't start, and we collapsed within 10 minutes. When Graham came on at half-time, his first-touch (I think) gave a us a goal, and we were at least performing better than in the first half.

There's a pattern to the team when Graham plays; we compete evenly as a minimum, and we certainly don't implode. I'd put this down to Graham's hold-up play; it simply takes pressure off the rest of the team and makes us a solid outfit.

The question is whether or not Brereton has shown that he can play in that lone striker role. I'm not convinced that he can, so I'm not averse to having him play in the wide right position if it means he gets game time, and I think he's done OK there so far in his cameos.

completely agree and it is blindingly obvious Graham must be on the pitch or we have nothing up top whatsoever.

I cringe every time “the genius” takes him off... here we go again.

Get Brereton up top with him and play 4-4-2 (please).

Going to avoid the Waggott Tax today and buy one of those Ginger Ninja badges. COYB

1 minute ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

It's weird that Ben has never really got a run. I can't help but think he's not doing it in training, and Tony realises he blew it with the big fee. 

And what happened to that Davenport? He seems to be more elusive than Dickson Etuhu.

Seriously - at 70 minutes today, who are you taking off?

I would’ve agreed but I spent nearly 25 minutes trying to work out who I’d pull! I imagine the discussion on the bench was similar. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Biz said:

Seriously - at 70 minutes today, who are you taking off?

I would’ve agreed but I spent nearly 25 minutes trying to work out who I’d pull! I imagine the discussion on the bench was similar. 

Agreed, none of the front four deserved to be taken off and still had some gas in the tank. 

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

True, but that is one game. For £6m or so, I'd have thought he'd be used more often, as a striker. Danny Graham is in his 30's so he will get tired eventually.

Forget the price. He’s the youngest and newest member of this squad. It’s exciting to have the luxury of his potential but let’s not let his price determine his usage. 

• Like 2

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

I want him to succeed, but I find it curious he has not been given a chance to since he arrived. 

He is on the periphery. I’d be more concerned if we’d shelled out that “alleged” cost for him to be in the same spot as Davenport (also 19!)

48 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Lets hope Forest " forget the price"  in January.

I’m quite sure BB’s fee won’t be instrumental in Budget Mourinhos promotion chase! 

As for our future? It’s nice to have that kind of potential isn’t it!

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You make him sound like a statue !

Was paraphrasing Blueboy. We may end up wishing we bought a statue instead if he doesn't start getting some proper game time.

How did he do today in the precious 5 minutes or so he was given? I was at work.

Edited by bluebruce

20 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'll let you know when I see some.

You’re telling me in the 5/6 appearances from the bench so far you haven’t seen any potential? He looks a both footed livewire to me - a player who can run at defences with ease. Lots more to prove though eh! 

• Like 1