BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Forget the price tag. Had we got him for £1million, I'd be saying he still looks like a very poor player and signing. The £7mill figure is just a kick in the balls. 

Ben Gladwin cost far, far less and he got called out for looking a very poor signing despite the fact we saw far less of him than we have of Brereton.

The scapegoat jibe is another throwaway comment some fans use. It's not about looking for a scapegoat. It's about giving opinions on what we see the players  do in an blue and white shirt.  We  were questioning the signing and his impact long before this sticky spell.

Have you seen him play for England? 

31 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Chapman only had cameo appearances but he made an impression and you could see potential in him, Brereton shown nothing. As for the price tag it may not have been his choice but its is his job to live up to it.

I rate Chappers and wish he was here tbh, its easier to be an impact sub as a winger with pace than a striker starved of service or playing on the wing though..... 

26 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Have you seen him play for England? 

No but playing well for England a couple of years ago wont make his performances so far for Rovers seem any better.

He may suddenly become a world beater but on what he has shown so far he looks poor. I don't understand why people get agitated and argue against that.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

No but playing well for England a couple of years ago wont make his performances so far for Rovers seem any better.

He may suddenly become a world beater but on what he has shown so far he looks poor. I don't understand why people get agitated and argue against that.

Have you played football at any level? You simply do not, as a striker, build up a rapport with the chaps playing with you with silly pointless cameos. He has been fed absolute scraps in his appearances. He is a striker, not a magician. If u ain't got the ammo then gun can't work and he's putting bananas in an ak47 so far

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Have you played football at any level? You simply do not, as a striker, build up a rapport with the chaps playing with you with silly pointless cameos. He has been fed absolute scraps in his appearances. He is a striker, not a magician. If u ain't got the ammo then gun can't work and he's putting bananas in an ak47 so far

Hence why I've put on what he has shown so far. But he has had chances - against Norwich, Birmingham and yesterday, and has failed to find the target. Against Norwich, he failed to get the basics right.

Now I'm not saying he's a complete dud as you are right, we haven't seen enough of him. However if you have watched his appearances for Rovers and haven't been disappointed then you are easily pleased.

When Samuel is back he should be straight back in the squad in Brereton place, and that's saying something!!

Could see Chapman in for Palmer but right now it isn’t a priority. Is he even fit? I think he was at Rovers when he last played a game of league football. This season he’s been playing a level below Stefan Mols!

Edit: just checked he last played a league match in October 2017!!

I expect we’ll take him because of what happened on deadline day.

Edited by Stuart

Just now, Ossydave said:

That's a no then

I fail to see what relevance playing for England under 19's has to staring for Blackburn Rovers in the Championship up against fully grown experienced centre backs. Scoring 5 goals in 18 games (hardly prolific) for England under 19's won't help much if he plays on Tuesday up against big strong experienced defenders like Dawson and Hegazi. If what you did in age group football was a barometer for playing Championship football then Nuttall would be in the squad every week. 

13 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I fail to see what relevance playing for England under 19's has to staring for Blackburn Rovers in the Championship up against fully grown experienced centre backs. Scoring 5 goals in 18 games (hardly prolific) for England under 19's won't help much if he plays on Tuesday up against big strong experienced defenders like Dawson and Hegazi. If what you did in age group football was a barometer for playing Championship football then Nuttall would be in the squad every 

Staring? Or starting? Or starring? 

28 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Staring? Or starting? Or starring? 

Oh wow I pushed the wrong word on predictive text.  But I note you still can't tell me what relevance playing under 19's football for England will have up against a big strong and experienced West Brom back line in the Championship?

Edited by Ewood Ace

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Oh wow I pushed the wrong word on predictive text.  But I note you still can't tell me what relevance playing under 19's football for England will have up against a big strong and experienced West Brom back line in the Cahmpionship?

Your post made no sense, I was asking what u actually meant? If its starting then there lies the bloody problem, he's started 2 games! He's hardly built like a quaver, test him against that massive baggies defence, so immense they have ONE clean sheet away all season.... 

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Your post made no sense, I was asking what u actually meant? If its starting then there lies the bloody problem, he's started 2 games! He's hardly built like a quaver, test him against that massive baggies defence, so immense they have ONE clean sheet away all season.... 

Whenever he has played he has shown nothing not even a spark to suggest he is up to the job of starting over Graham. He might be a big lad but he's as weak as Armstrong, whoever he is up against be it upfront or out wide they bully him. He has no pace or tricks to beat his man, his first touch is even worse than Lukaku's.

He may or may not look good playing under 19's football but that is totally irrelevant that is kids football this is man's football and he looks out of his depth in it as 7 goals from open play in 68 Championship appearances suggests. If age group football was a barometer then Nuttall would be in the squad every week but he's not because it is a huge jump from age group football to Championship football. Also you say 'that's a no' when I responded about seeing Brereton for England under 19's,one I'll ask you again what relevance do his performance's in under 19's football have? And two I saw him play in the Euro Championship's in the summer and I can't say he stood out at all there were some talented looking players in the tournament but he wasn't one of them as 1 goal in 4 games would suggest.

50 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Whenever he has played he has shown nothing not even a spark to suggest he is up to the job of starting over Graham. He might be a big lad but he's as weak as Armstrong, whoever he is up against be it upfront or out wide they bully him. He has no pace or tricks to beat his man, his first touch is even worse than Lukaku's.

He may or may not look good playing under 19's football but that is totally irrelevant that is kids football this is man's football and he looks out of his depth in it as 7 goals from open play in 68 Championship appearances suggests. If age group football was a barometer then Nuttall would be in the squad every week but he's not because it is a huge jump from age group football to Championship football. Also you say 'that's a no' when I responded about seeing Brereton for England under 19's,one I'll ask you again what relevance do his performance's in under 19's football have? And two I saw him play in the Euro Championship's in the summer and I can't say he stood out at all there were some talented looking players in the tournament but he wasn't one of them as 1 goal in 4 games would suggest.

The relevance of u19 football is that its a fecking tough dog eat dog World, it'd how u get them contracts with clubs. 

You've made your mind up already so just roll with it, not arsed, used to it now - usually post 95 fans

• Like 1

BB did all right imo yesterday. Nothing earth shattering but the midfield and attack looked a far more cohesive unit in the first half yesterday than when we're lumping long balls up to a past it Danny Graham.

If for example it was the first game of the season there was certainly nothing to suggest he should be immediately dropped again. But I'm sure he will be.

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

BB did all right imo yesterday. Nothing earth shattering but the midfield and attack looked a far more cohesive unit in the first half yesterday than when we're lumping long balls up to a past it Danny Graham.

If for example it was the first game of the season there was certainly nothing to suggest he should be immediately dropped again. But I'm sure he will be.

I think our unexpected team selection threw Utd off track in the first half. When they had time to get their heads together at half time they soon got all their ducks in a row.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Can we just pay 1 million in compensation to Forest for the first half of the season loan and then we feck off.

Haha - Forest are a club in freefall too, and the last thing they are going to want is a deadweight with his head in the shed coming back into their ranks. It all depends upon the commercial acumen of the folks who put the 'deal' together - if they've structured it so there are get out clauses then fair play, we should probably seek to exercise such an option. If not, then we are stuck with Ben, and heads should roll in our contract negotiating team for constructing such a poor arrangement.

I truly hope the situation resolves itself for the best, for the player and both clubs. I'm not sure what that looks like based on the evidence before us though.. :(

16 hours ago, DE. said:

Apparently Brereton only had twenty touches yesterday, so did he actually do well or were people just seeing what they wanted to see?

Graham is usually the player in the team with the least touches, so it was no different for Brereton in that regard - most of our passing takes place 40-yards behind them. I thought he was nondescript, not awful and not impressive.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ossydave said:

The relevance of u19 football is that its a fecking tough dog eat dog World, it'd how u get them contracts with clubs. 

You've made your mind up already so just roll with it, not arsed, used to it now - usually post 95 fans

We signed Maceo Rigter on the basis of his under 21 performances and he was garbage.

• Like 5