BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Darragh Lenihan

I agree and I think Rovers plan, perhaps, is for the centre backs to follow their man up the pitch, knowing that the two midfielders, Rothwell and Travis would get outnumbered if left to it. However, it does leave gaps and exposes a shortage of pace in the backline.

It's a tricky one to resolve given that we play a formation which is not only light in midfield numerically but also in terms of physicality. I suppose there was an element of panic in Lenihan's rash challenge that got himself sent-off, as Forest scored when he got outdone upfield and there was the risk of it happening again.

Edited by riverholmes

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

It’s not the end of the world from a football perspective but let’s try and keep some pride jesus

I have got pride in being a Rovers fan, no matter where the players end up. If Lenihan does leave, to me it doesn't matter one iota where he goes to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dingles have been linked with Lenihan today to signing him in the summer

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1124508324?-11198:839

It would be a bitter pill for us but a logical move by Burnley, if true ..... it is Teamtalk.

I would not fault the player but would prefer he moved anywhere else. Losing twice to them next season will be bad enough, assuming Mowbray in situ. He still will not know they are local rivals.

Just another notch on Venky's feck Rovers belt.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It would be a bitter pill for us but a logical move by Burnley, if true ..... it is Teamtalk.

I would not fault the player but would prefer he moved anywhere else. Losing twice to them next season will be bad enough, assuming Mowbray in situ. He still will not know they are local rivals.

Just another notch on Venky's feck Rovers belt.

Lenihan going there would be massive disappointment and angry from myself given all that our club has done for him in his career here. 

I hope he doesn't go there but stays here

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m not his biggest fan so I won’t be bent out of shape if he ends up at the Dingle dome. He’s still making the same mistakes he was a couple of seasons ago.

I agree with this. It wouldn't be the end of the world. I would say he is generally respected by supporters but I don't see any real affection or love for him. There are large parts of his game that never seem to improve. He still reminds me of a raw youth player sometimes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lenihan going there would be massive disappointment and angry from myself given all that our club has done for him in his career here. 

I hope he doesn't go there but stays here

He will go to a team that pays him more than we will.

The only way he stays is if he has no offers ....... that is highly unlikely.

That's football.

9 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He will go to a team that pays him more than we will.

The only way he stays is if he has no offers ....... that is highly unlikely.

That's football.

and that's where some people go wrong chasing the money instead of playing football and enjoying it

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and that's where some people go wrong chasing the money instead of playing football and enjoying it

I will try and get my head around playing football for Mowbray Rovers and enjoying it.

TBF to Lenihan he has always given us full on field commitment, he's 28 years old, married (kids?) and will want to increase his financial security over what remains of his career.

He may well be another who finds out that the grass over the hill is not always greener.

However it goes I wish him well.

• Like 1

Indeed ARA, the naivety of yon mon in the post above yours never ceases to amaze me.

Any parachute club will be able to offer substantially higher wages than a perennial mid table second division club withering on the vine.

He’s 28 and after spending his entire career at a much diminished club, he’ll be looking for a last big, multi year contract to set him up for life.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s just a job at the end of the day. That’s how most pro’s look at it.

Exactly. It would make sense for him. A lot more money. No need to move his family. 

Negative being that it is disrespectful to Rovers fans. But will that be enough to influence him. 

With Dyche leaving this morning though Burnley do now represent somewhat of a risk, career wise.