BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Darragh Lenihan

This bloke was appalling today. The way Peterbrough actually funnelled the play towards him when we had possession was very telling. They just knew they were getting the ball back then.

He's got away with a lot with fans due to his tubthumping in a winning side, he looks L1 level lately.

Edited by LDRover

6 minutes ago, LDRover said:

This bloke was appalling today. The way Peterbrough actually funnelled the play towards him when we had possession was very telling. They just knew they were getting the ball back then.

He's got away with a lot with fans due to his tubthumping in a winning side, he looks L1 level lately.

If I were him I’d sign that contract pronto !

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If I were him I’d sign that contract pronto !

Looks like he's already signed a contract....the ones leaving won't want to risk any injuries. They are at 60% now until they leave and why not eh? Bad management allows it to happen.

The guy is a knob rash

• Like 1

On 15/04/2022 at 10:25, chaddyrovers said:

and that's where some people go wrong chasing the money instead of playing football and enjoying it

Who are you to tell people what they should and shouldn't want?

With the right move, a footballer can really improve the quality of their and their families lives forever.

If I was Lenihan and my choices for example was to continue playing regular Championship football or quadruple my wages to be a squad player elsewhere, I'd likely choose the latter.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

With the right move, a footballer can really improve the quality of their and their families lives forever.

If I was Lenihan and my choices for example was to continue playing regular Championship football or quadruple my wages to be a squad player elsewhere, I'd likely choose the latter.

I suppose that depends on current levels or salary and certainly what was on offer if he signed a new deal with Rovers.

As Rovers fans, we all want the best for the club, so seeing certain players leave can hurt,

Hard to say how it would have panned out and I have no knowledge of his financial state, but Connor Mahoney, May well be a player, would would have been better signing on the dotted line and trying to build on, what was looking like a promising career.

19 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Looks like he's already signed a contract....the ones leaving won't want to risk any injuries. They are at 60% now until they leave and why not eh? Bad management allows it to happen.

The guy is a knob rash

It’s not down to the manager or the club when a player declined the offer on the table all cards are in favour of said player

21 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It’s not down to the manager or the club when a player declined the offer on the table all cards are in favour of said player

I think letting it run down and not selling him for a fee is proving to be a bad decision,  although he'd have only bought Aberdeen's CH.  We were screwed either way 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

what is the attitude for again Roversfan99? 

Who is going to pay Lenihan 50k a week? 

Footballers should be thinking about playing football regular and the money will follow if they are good enough

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Footballers should be thinking about playing football regular and the money will follow if they are good enough

Every footballer is a different person, they should think about what they want and what makes them happy, to many it will be a huge pay increase to set them and their family up for life. You don't have the right to say what they "should" be thinking about.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Every footballer is a different person, they should think about what they want and what makes them happy, to many it will be a huge pay increase to set them and their family up for life. You don't have the right to say what they "should" be thinking about.

Well I do have the right to say it as its my opinion and I have plenty of footballers chase the money instead of enjoying play regular football or choosing the right next move also 

• Moderation Lead
30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Taking football out of the equation for a minute…
If someone could get paid much more than they currently earn and wouldn’t even have to move house, just go somewhere else to work every day, they’d be insane to turn that down.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Taking football out of the equation for a minute…
If someone could get paid much more than they currently earn and wouldn’t even have to move house, just go somewhere else to work every day, they’d be insane to turn that down.

each person will make their own decision base on their situation. 

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hand on heart how many of these wasters would you be sorry to see leave ? I reckon we’ve got half a dozen who are worthy of the shirt, after that they can all do one for me.

That many?

I know for sure I will soon forget their names and faces once they are gone from Rovers

I feel little to no connection to the current lot or any that have been with us during these plague years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That many?

I know for sure I will soon forget their names and faces once they are gone from Rovers

I feel little to no connection to the current lot or any that have been with us during these plague years.

Me too. I wouldn’t be interested in shaking the hand of many of them. Too many players that are just passing through the club.

On 16/04/2022 at 17:38, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hand on heart how many of these wasters would you be sorry to see leave ? I reckon we’ve got half a dozen who are worthy of the shirt, after that they can all do one for me.

How have we mounted a playoff push with only half a dozen players even worthy of putting the shirt on, led by a shite manager?

On 16/04/2022 at 16:33, chaddyrovers said:

We don't know what Rovers have offered but we do know it isn't good enough to keep academy products here, who would rather head off elsewhere and take that risk than stay here where they have been since childhood and are central pillars of the team. 

That tells a story - whatever we have offered is rubbish.

I'll never forget the bull5shit that Mowbray propagated when Patrick Bauer didn't come here, supposedly demanding £40,000 a week to leave Charlton. Then the next window he turns up at PNE who have a smaller wage bill than us. Then the excuse was that they were guaranteeing him first team football whereas we weren't. Absolute nonsense because there are no guarantees of anything in football and any player has to earn and keep his place in the team.

Nobody will pay Lenihan £50k a week, but plenty will pay him a lot more than Waggott has been offering.

Millions and millions down the drain whilst our club captain heads off to a rival. This one is on the owners and Club. It is a disastrous development as is Nyambe leaving for a club supposedly walking a FFP tightrope and focused on developing home grown players and we are waving two of those off for nothing to rival clubs. 

Shame on them, but they've made their bed and we will have to suffer the consequences.

Hope Waggott feels good about himself when he talks about his 'wage structure' - we are losing nearly £20 million a year and Ayala/Gallagher are top earners so there clearly isn't much of a structure - I just hope someone questions him about the millions lost in asset value and potential future sales.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We don't know what Rovers have offered but we do know it isn't good enough to keep academy products here, who would rather head off elsewhere and take that risk than stay here where they have been since childhood and are central pillars of the team. 

That tells a story - whatever we have offered is rubbish.

But we have tied a number of academy products like Buckley, Wharton, Travis tho. So the club have offered these academy players enough money to sign. 

Maybe Lenihan and Nyambe wants to move on from the club and try a number of club, area or whatever. Its their choice not to sign for us and move then fair enough, thanks for your effort, service to club and good luck in the future.