BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Darragh Lenihan

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s the age old Venky issue. 

He’s ok, decent at this level, but nothing more… but still won’t be replaced with anybody better, or even replaced with a permanent signing at all.

We have no idea who or if he will be replaced, Lenihan is another who thinks the grass is greener (see where Armstrong's playing this season) JDT/Broughton are no fools, I said it before and I'll say it again Mowbray dumbed down the fan base so much we have no expectations, as is plain to see on this forum.

7 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You think Lenihan was a good leader?!

Yes that's why he was captain.

The days of characters like Nelson and Samba have long gone sadly football doesn't churn out many like that now.  For the most part in the last decade our defenders have looked like they are terrified of opening their mouths.

Last season we had him, Van Hecke and Wharton all looking like they hated the opposition forwards. A real refreshing change.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

We have no idea who or if he will be replaced, Lenihan is another who thinks the grass is greener (see where Armstrong's playing this season) JDT/Broughton are no fools, I said it before and I'll say it again Mowbray dumbed down the fan base so much we have no expectations, as is plain to see on this forum.

No 12 years of Venky’s have dumbed down my expectations, Sharpe’s tweet is an example of how they’ve done it…

547CB85E-DF3B-4683-A713-8FEA5C28CD94.png

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

No 12 years of Venky’s have dumbed down my expectations, Sharpe’s tweet is an example of how they’ve done it…

547CB85E-DF3B-4683-A713-8FEA5C28CD94.png

Venkys fault, oh remember defenders are coming, Mowbray had money, he just spent it on giving contracts out willy nilly costing the club millions, i.e. after the promotion back to the championship.

Edited by EgyptianPete

We haven’t paid a fee for a centre half in the second tier for eight years, that’s a fact and why I don’t expect anybody better than Lenihan to arrive, but you obviously do, fair enough, and I hope you’re right.

But on TM, who employed and kept him on for five years? Same with Waggott. Employ and stick with mediocrities, get mediocre outcomes.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

I think this is a move that's for the best for everyone involved.

I still remain unconvinced about Darragh's ability and I'm surprised Wilder want's him really as Darragh is awful on the ball and if he goes for the usual overlapping centre backs then he surely wouldn't fit in that system.

He will get nothing but applause from me when he returns. Obviously cares for the club and I never saw the lad not give anything but his all and this just feels like a natural parting of the ways. Good luck Darragh (apart from when we are in direct competition with you of course).

• Like 2

Wilder is no mug and him, Middlesbrough and Lenihan will come out of this situation better than Rovers.

It is easy to get distracted in the excitement of JDT and Broughton's arrivals and big talk but losing players of Lenihan's value and importance, on a free transfer, to a Club of the level of Middlesbrough really is a slap in the face however you want to dress it up.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Wilder is no mug and him, Middlesbrough and Lenihan will come out of this situation better than Rovers.

It is easy to get distracted in the excitement of JDT and Broughton's arrivals and big talk but losing players of Lenihan's value and importance, on a free transfer, to a Club of the level of Middlesbrough really is a slap in the face however you want to dress it up.

Not so sure on that score, Boro didn't set houses on fire last season and failed miserably like Rovers a the business end of the season, in fact did slightly worse IMO. Rovers will finish above them next season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Not so sure on that score, Boro didn't set houses on fire last season and failed miserably like Rovers a the business end of the season, in fact did slightly worse IMO. Rovers will finish above them next season.

The Championship table suggests that Boro did slightly better than us.

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Wilder took over mid season, turned it around and led them to their highest finish for 5 years. With another transfer window, I expect them to do better again under Wilder.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Wilder took over mid season, turned it around and led them to their highest finish for 5 years. With another transfer window, I expect them to do better again under Wilder.

They once signed the best players from S America that didn’t help them ! DL won’t make them a better prospect than Rovers are Boro despite Wilder we’re just as bad in the pressure pot run in and don’t see anything that will change my view

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

They once signed the best players from S America that didn’t help them ! DL won’t make them a better prospect than Rovers are Boro despite Wilder we’re just as bad in the pressure pot run in and don’t see anything that will change my view

They also won the league cup and reached a European competition final in the last 20 years. And that's irrelevant to how they will do next season too .

In my opinion they will finish above Rovers, Lenihan or no Lenihan.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Sad to see him go and wish him all the best . He will be missed next season and feel free to quote this as the months go on. He will get a good reception from me when we play the mighty boro next season. 

good luck Darragh 

Darragh who ?

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

They also won the league cup and reached a European competition final in the last 20 years. And that's irrelevant to how they will do next season too .

In my opinion they will finish above Rovers, Lenihan or no Lenihan.

And of course you are entitled to it, I disagree boro are nothing special and neither is wilder otherwise he would b3 managing a PL club instead of a small town team in smoggieland😂

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

And of course you are entitled to it, I disagree boro are nothing special and neither is wilder otherwise he would b3 managing a PL club instead of a small town team in smoggieland😂

The same logic could easily extend to JDT, that he is nothing special otherwise he would be managing in the Prem. Which, Wilder totally has done before btw, putting a club there himself, all the way from League One.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

The same logic could easily extend to JDT, that he is nothing special otherwise he would be managing in the Prem. Which, Wilder totally has done before btw, putting a club there himself, all the way from League One.

I just hope that JDT is something special, and is managing in the Prem soon.

• Like 1