BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Darragh Lenihan

5 hours ago, Gav said:

I remember him joining the site and telling the board Owen Coyle wasn't given a fair chance - He almost never made it past day 1 😆

I remember joiningg the site and got banned within minutes after you called me saxoman.

4 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I remember joiningg the site and got banned within minutes after you called me saxoman.

Jogging or joining? 

You remember wrong, I’ve heard of saxonman, but have no idea who he is or was, so that couldn’t have been me with respect Jack.

4 hours ago, JacknOry said:

but is bigdog?

Kind of. He’s refusing to acknowledge a warning therefore can’t post but isn’t banned. It’s a stand off. I feels the right way for BDS to go, really. 

13 hours ago, Gav said:

I remember him joining the site and telling the board Owen Coyle wasn't given a fair chance - He almost never made it past day 1 😆

Probably one of the reasons why I didn’t see eye to eye with him.

5 hours ago, J*B said:

Kind of. He’s refusing to acknowledge a warning therefore can’t post but isn’t banned. It’s a stand off. I feels the right way for BDS to go, really. 

Whats he been warned about? Never really thought he oversteps the mark often - unless its the coronavirus thread - he has some strong thoughts about that. 

• Like 1

On 16/01/2022 at 13:25, Gav said:

I remember that too.

One or two posters speculated that Bigdogg may have been Paul Senior in disguise when he first started posting.

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Brererton had a chance to get a tackle in during that incident but he did his best not to. Three players all drawn to the ball, what were we thinking. ?

It was embarrassing. One of the worst goals you will see. Definitely not a goal conceded by a team serious about promotion. 

Zeefuik tried foul him and he couldn't even do that 

Speaking of fouls , Rothwell did a pretty nasty one. He kind of had to do it ,but it was one where you could injury someone very easily. 

I don't see many saying it,but I thought he stank the place up last night. Pointless display by him 

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It was embarrassing. One of the worst goals you will see. Definitely not a goal conceded by a team serious about promotion. 

Zeefuik tried foul him and he couldn't even do that 

Speaking of fouls , Rothwell did a pretty nasty one. He kind of had to do it ,but it was one where you could injury someone very easily. 

I don't see many saying it,but I thought he stank the place up last night. Pointless display by him 

I thought he had a good twenty minutes after the sending off but other than that he was pretty quiet. He only plays in brief flashes. Also I thought he was playing too deep.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Thier first goal will be horror movie viewing for our players today 

Worst goal we have conceded all season 

Definitely bad defending but also good play by the Forest forward who, I think, came deep and pulled Lenihan out of position. Our defence is a good unit that isn't blessed with great pace and likes to sit deep to absorb attacks. It seems a tactic of opposition teams to drop off and pull defenders out of the backline.

I don't know much at all about defending but I wonder whether the defenders need to track forwards so deep, or whether midfielders should be taking up the work. I suppose a problem in the current formation is that the midfield can be quite light, in numbers, at times.

Edited by riverholmes

2 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Definitely bad defending but also good play by the Forest forward who, I think, came deep and pulled Lenihan out of position. Our defence is a good unit that isn't blessed with great pace and likes to sit deep to absorb attacks. It seems a tactic of opposition teams to drop off and pull defenders out of the backline.

I don't know much at all about defending but I wonder whether the defenders need to track forwards so deep, or whether midfielders should be taking up the work. I suppose a problem in the current formation is that the midfield can be quite light, in numbers, at times.

Good play alright, but no way he should have been let do that. He needed to be taken down. 

I think you're onto something there. Lenihan was sucked out a few times and ya it should be the midfielders taking some of that, Johnson is decent at winning headers and getting Infront of things, but Rothwell isn't, so it just leaves Travis. We are predictable, so ya I think teams are figuring out what to do. Which is worrying. 

25 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

That is where the defensive side of being a wing back comes in, adding numbers to the midfield.

58 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Forwards coming deep for the ball wasn’t invented yesterday. It’s been going on as long as I can remember. You need to have a plan to deal with it before the game starts.