BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

But Don Mackey always tried...Archibald, Ardiles, Stapleton and the best of the lot Kevin Moran. You dont know unless you try.

I'm no fan of Mowbray but contrary to the belief he is looking at different avenues

Don Mackay, for all his good work was only ever the bridesmaid. £180m-and-rising, we need a bit more.

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Or the money is only available for strikers

That can’t be the case, no self-respecting, honourable manager would allow himself to be undermined like that.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

That can’t be the case, no self-respecting, honourable manager would allow himself to be undermined like that.

Think his pension fund will be growing nicely though!  Nice work if you can get it.

• Like 1

Just now, 1864roverite said:

What I mean Marty is that the season is less than 2 weeks away, we have a breath of fresh air amongst the club, new signings, at least 1 more to come and yet with all this there appears to be so much negativity especially on here. I doubted the appointment of TM at the beginning but my opinion is that he steadied the ship, got us back up at the first attempt where so many big clubs have tried and failed, cemented our spot in the league with relative ease and YET we still see fans moaning. The reality is that this is Rovers 2019 NOT 2009. 

We should all be 100% behind the team, behind TM and the players as we strive to reach the top 6. I think we are more than capable of it with the team we have and with a little bit more from the young city player then we have a great chance.

Its kinda routinely boring reading negative posts about the club we love so much

I think it's quite natural knowing our defence last season that supporters might be mildly concerned with lack of sighings in that dept. Not to mention that we have sold our keeper and can't seem to replace with a purchase of anyone with the same quality or above so have had to resort to the loan market.

Not negative...just concerned that these gaps exist going into the season. I'd call it common sense to have these views....

Edited by markhayhurst
  • Like 4

Just now, 1864roverite said:

We should all be 100% behind the team, behind TM and the players as we strive to reach the top 6. I think we are more than capable of it with the team we have and with a little bit more from the young city player then we have a great chance.

And if people don't just get ‘100% behind the team and TM’ on an Internet forum with about 50 regular posters, instead they just post their opinion, that impacts the team how?

Ewood? Get behind the lads.

Here? Say what you want!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 9

• Backroom

To me this summer will only be a breath of fresh air if we sign a good CB and LB. Otherwise it's just the same old story, spending all of our money on attacking players at the expense of the defence, with results that will likely be similar to the last nine years where we're decent up top but a disaster at the back. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 3

Criminal if Buckley goes out on loan, I’ve seen enough tonight to say that he’s probably the most naturally talented player on our books. He’s still got a lot to learn and is a way off being a bonafide starter, but he’s got more than enough already to play a big role this season.

• Like 3

I'm gutted that Smallwood , Evans and Bennett  are shoe ins . And Buckley , Butterworth will be loaned  out  sorry too say it but big Tony  as took us as for as he can. We are crying out for a big strong center  half who could boss  the back four a right back and left back  who could defend and get forward . But it  doesn't  look like Tony who was a big strong center half himself  cant see it  . I'm very frustrated that with a better manager with abit of know how could get that bit extra  out of the squad and at least get us challenging  but i can't  see this happening

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Scotland1 said:

Leicester vs Fleetwood prior to our intestest he was abysmal I remember critiquing his positioning and his lack of ability. It was so evident. Lads an athlete not a footballer 

By all accounts he was a wing back with great delivery at Fleetwood. Haven't seen that at Ewood, votes cast before move probably. Looks uncomfortable with ball when in an advanced position for me and when he does get in a good crossing position his end product is sorely lacking

Edited by Gary C
Spelling
  • Like 1

Just now, stinny1 said:

I'm gutted that Smallwood , Evans and Bennett  are shoe ins . And Buckley , Butterworth will be loaned  out  sorry too say it but big Tony  as took us as for as he can. We are crying out for a big strong center  half who could boss  the back four a right back and left back  who could defend and get forward . But it  doesn't  look like Tony who was a big strong center half himself  cant see it  . I'm very frustrated that with a better manager with abit of know how could get that bit extra  out of the squad and at least get us challenging  but i can't  see this happening

Im giving him the first few games to see but I'm more or less with you. I see Mowbray starting the season with the usually suspects. Then come February (when it's too late) referring to the quality we have. I hope to god TM proves me wrong.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Totally ridiculous.

You simply don't go 'window shopping' at Harrods with a Home Bargains' budget.

That's what i thought last window with the names linked then this time around there are quality players in the building allegedly but just passing through.

Could it just be window dressing or has he maybe lined one or two up expecting to land them then the money men say no or Pune is silent and they slip through the net ?

Must be something to it.

David wanted to leave.

We sold our goalie to buy a striker.

The Raya money is untouched.

Now come on.......

Anyone wondering why the team selections and tactics often seem a bit confusing to our own players just keep this little lot in mind ?

• Like 7

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

http://bit.ly/2y71gZG

’The Raya money is untouched’ is a bit different to ‘We sold our goalkeeper to fund a move for a striker’ Tony...

I think he makes it up as he goes along.

IMO, his credibility is falling like a stone.

As Lincoln said "you can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time but you can't fool all the people all the time"

Wake up Mowbray.

• Like 2

Just now, tomphil said:

David wanted to leave.

We sold our goalie to buy a striker.

The Raya money is untouched.

Now come on.......

Anyone wondering why the team selections and tactics often seem a bit confusing to our own players just keep this little lot in mind ?

Yes, he wanted to leave 

Yes, the money went towards the striker purchase, meaning the money we would have spent is still there.

The splitting of his words looking for something has hit peak silly season ?

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes, he wanted to leave 

Yes, the money went towards the striker purchase, meaning the money we would have spent is still there.

The splitting of his words looking for something has hit peak silly season ?

So the striker money wasn’t spent on a striker, we used the Raya fee instead? Now we get to spend the striker money on a defender?

Excellent.

• Like 1