BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He deserved his deal maybe but he should have been potted long ago.If the height of your ambition is to have a manager who seemingly thinks our limit is mid table championship then fair play.Iv never come across a bigger ego, he is wrong about nothing.

Him deserving his deal doesnt mean he should then have a say who should be ceo which he clearly did have a say in 

That’s just not how business works. The manager doesn’t pick the CEO (his boss).

If the big plan is for Mowbray and his mate to just rinse the club dry, why’s Waggott not given him a new deal?

5 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

That’s just not how business works. The manager doesn’t pick the CEO (his boss).

If the big plan is for Mowbray and his mate to just rinse the club dry, why’s Waggott not given him a new deal?

Because Mowbray is no longer flavour of the month and the taps are off or due to ffp we cant spend.

I think he will be gone but i think up until losing it last season the owners were backing him

36 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

I know this may seem far fetched for some, but maybe Venkys know Mowbray had 1 season left, this season FFP meant funds be limited, so they are saving them selves to replace the manager end of season and give funds to the new one, hence the training ground sale and lack of Armstrong money to Mowbray.

This is bullshit and you know it, you're just on the wind up.

Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell out of contract? 

Meaning the new manager will spend all his money replacing this 3 key areas instead of making improvements.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

This is bullshit and you know it, you're just on the wind up.

Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell out of contract? 

Meaning the new manager will spend all his money replacing this 3 key areas instead of making improvements.

I’m not on the wind up. I wasn’t thinking about those contracts during my post to be fair. But that’s a separate issue.

But on the subject or Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell, why are fans blaming the club for them not wanting to stay? People will say we shouldn’t be letting them leave on a free, but Lenihan and Nyambe have been with us there whole career. We know the plan would of been to sell them, but if no one wants to buy them what can we do? Then they won’t sign new deals and leave for a free. Which is a disaster for us, but if no one wants Nyambe last year, and he now won’t sign, what can you do?

What Rothwell is doing is what we did to sign him in the first place.

Dack signed a new deal, Buckley signed, the ones that don’t clearly want to try something new. Blame them not the club.

Edited by Wood26

18 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

I’m not on the wind up. I wasn’t thinking about those contracts during my post to be fair. But that’s a separate issue.

But on the subject or Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell, why are fans blaming the club for them not wanting to stay? People will say we shouldn’t be letting them leave on a free, but Lenihan and Nyambe have been with us there whole career. We know the plan would of been to sell them, but if no one wants to buy them what can we do? Then they won’t sign new deals and leave for a free. Which is a disaster for us, but if no one wants Nyambe last year, and he now won’t sign, what can you do?

Dack signed a new deal, Buckley signed, the ones that don’t clearly want to try something new. Blame them not the club.

We could pay them a realistic wage? Its the only thing that would keep them here.

If we don't, then we can "look forward" to losing any players talented enough to attract attention from other clubs.

If you answer is"we can't afford to pay them more because of FFP or dwindling attendances or whatever then we are on a slippery downward slope to relegation and oblivion.

What's this journey we we've been on for nearly 5 years about then? Assemble a squad and sell it cheaply and back to the start we go?

Edited by 47er

1 minute ago, 47er said:

We could pay them a realistic wage? Its the only thing that would keep them here.

If we don't, then we can "look forward" to losing any players talented enough to attract attention from other clubs.

If you answer is"we can't afford to pay them more because of FFP or dwindling attendances or whatever then we are on a slippery downward slope to relegation and oblivion.

What's this journey we we've been on for nearly 5 years about then? Assemble a squad and sell it cheaply and back to the start we go?

I agree with what you saying about the journey stuff, I don’t buy into that at all.

We don’t know if we offered a realistic wage or not. I would guess we did, we did for Dack who would be on far more then those 3. No matter our opinions of anyone in charge, they don’t want to lose those 3 players, to think otherwise is naive.

The more logical explanation is the 2 academy lads want to try something new, and Nyambe prob thinks he can get prem. Likewise Rothwell, who has no ties to this club, has prob been told he can get something we can’t give him.

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Brentford built their model up from the bottom basically, they didn't have an academy as far as i know. I might be wrong.

When you have something like ours that works you don't just bin it off on a manger and ceo's whim. Like i mentioned the Coventry fans saying the similarities are striking to TM and co there as to here.  They didn't have half what we have to work with though.

Having the budget halved is difficult for anybody but we don't actually know that is the case. Mowbray sets his stall out with kids and loans he's done it at previous clubs and it's safe to assume he selling a plan to the owners.

That's why he keeps papping on about journeys etc but ultimately it's all about keeping him and his pals on footballs gravy train.

As recently as July 2020 Mowbray was, again, somewhat negative about the cost/ benefit of the Academy and said:

“I think the academy is something that Blackburn Rovers keep investing a lot of money in every year and we have to see the output of that, otherwise why would you invest £3.5m on an academy and nothing ever comes through?

“You might as well put that money in to the first-team squad."

"The academy at this football club has got to have a huge impact, whether it’s had that over the years, I’m not sure.

“Phil Jones still gets referred to, that’s a long time ago, but there’s an investment that paid off."

Thing is his BS spiel goes all over the place depending on how the wind is blowing, the most recent constant has been Journey and now youth development.

Edit: and yet we still have SM and FB fan-boys who deny and attack those who post truth.

What a weird world this is inhabited by such wankers.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

The only thing I can say is, if you take a snapshot at any given point in time you can make an argument for anything.

People should take a few steps backwards and look at the direction the club has taken for ten years now, then ask yourself what’s happening within the ownership and the top people at the club to change that direction?

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

As recently as July 2020 Mowbray was, again, somewhat negative about the cost/ benefit of the Academy and said:

“I think the academy is something that Blackburn Rovers keep investing a lot of money in every year and we have to see the output of that, otherwise why would you invest £3.5m on an academy and nothing ever comes through?

“You might as well put that money in to the first-team squad."

"The academy at this football club has got to have a huge impact, whether it’s had that over the years, I’m not sure.

“Phil Jones still gets referred to, that’s a long time ago, but there’s an investment that paid off."

Thing is his BS spiel goes all over the place depending on how the wind is blowing, the most recent constant has been Journey and now youth development.

Maybe if we gave ours more chances instead of loanees perhaps it would look different.  I think young Wharton and Carter look good, certainley promising and did they not only get a crack cos Mowbrays hand was forced somewhat.  I think the way he handles our youngsters serves to break down their confidence and remove motivation.

3 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I was searching for something earlier regarding Salgado's exit from Rovers and found the following article which I thought I'd share. It's an interview from Kean, posted last year by the looks of it, and it's the first time I have seen it.

https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2020/07/17/scottish-coach-recalls-being-ordered-to-axe-real-madrid-and-spain-legend-michel-salgado/

Now, we know this guy is a serial bullshitter so I don't know how much we can read into it. However, according to Kean, Salgado was one game away from triggering a contract extension. Venky's didn't want to extend his contract so told Kean he couldn't pick him again. Kean claims that they they didn't want him to tell Salgado that it was their decision to prevent him from playing for us again.

I don't know how true that is, but it potentially puts another angle on the contract debacle we are currently facing. On the face of it we are being told that terms are on the table, which they probably are, but I'm now wondering how difficult the owners might be making things in that regard. Do they want the players gone, whilst Mowbray wants them to stay? It's hard to say, I know. Wasn't there talk of Ben Marshall being offered a new deal years back, only for the player himself to say otherwise on a podcast recently? There are too many questions but no answers.

I think Salgado himself confirmed this. He was one of the few players, who went on record to back what some of the fans were exposing, when they were doing level best to get the powers that be involved.

I would have to search to find it, but there are several text messages from him, used in the blog that Glen Mullan did. Despite certain people rubbishing the blog, as personal opinion, there are things like that, which prove some of the shady goings on.

• Like 2

Waggot "installed like a toilet!" lol! I guess that might explain the shit show....

You've certainly set out a clear, coherent and compelling analysis of the situation the club faces Rolo, and captured in your last paragraph a fair summary of how it feels to be a Rovers fan at the moment for what seems like forever these days..

The big questions are "Will normality ever return?", "Are the Raos just waiting for this embarrassing blot on their corporate landscape to die?", "What next, for the FANS of the once proud (and mighty) Blackburn Rovers?"

I'm not sure what the answers are, but I am genuinely concerned that none of us are going to like what is served up to us, especially as the ghouls currently in charge of the morgue seem so intent on disenfranchising any true support and reminding us weekly that we are powerless to resist.

Edited by WIR Second Coming
Toilet out! Bog roll tactician out! Hiding cowardly owners OUT!

Its strongly rumoured in the press this morning that another defeat for Warnock and he'll be in the dole queue with McCarthy and Houghton. Just further strengthens the point that its not easy to compete in this league with little or no budget against the Premiership parachute mob.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

Its strongly rumoured in the press this morning that another defeat for Warnock and he'll be in the dole queue with McCarthy and Houghton. Just further strengthens the point that its not easy to compete in this league with little or no budget against the Premiership parachute mob.

Aye, but in real terms, for any real business, £20 million a year is NOT 'little or no budget'!!

Toilet OUT; Bog Roll Tactician OUT; Cringeworthy Hiding Owners OUT!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lraC said:

I think Salgado himself confirmed this. He was one of the few players, who went on record to back what some of the fans were exposing, when they were doing level best to get the powers that be involved.

I would have to search to find it, but there are several text messages from him, used in the blog that Glen Mullan did. Despite certain people rubbishing the blog, as personal opinion, there are things like that, which prove some of the shady goings on.

I seem to remember that Salgado offered to remove the clause to help the team fight relegation.

But that lot didn't want to know.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, den said:

The only thing I can say is, if you take a snapshot at any given point in time you can make an argument for anything.

People should take a few steps backwards and look at the direction the club has taken for ten years now, then ask yourself what’s happening within the ownership and the top people at the club to change that direction?

The club is a basket case and will remain so until the owners leave, the majority know that, we just have to wait for the day to come.

But what I would say is the current setup, Waggott CEO, Mowbray manager and Cheston CFO is the closest proper football club structure we have had since Venkys sacked Allardyce and forced Williams out. For years we've had Cheston counting beans in the morning and working with managers in the afternoon on the playing side, no wonder we've struggled to sign players to contracts. Before that we had a bunch of chancers who filled deep pockets with loot and headed for hills to count the spoils, hopefully karma evens the score with those rats one day.

Taken in isolation, the current setup is the best we've had den, but the calibre is nowhere near good enough, especially in Waggotts case.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

On my weekly Saturday morning jog, this morning, I was trying to make some sense of the Mowbray interview from yesterday. After 5 years, at the club, he must have seen from the inside, some of the things buried beneath the surface. Given the stable he came from, he may well have known quite a bit from the very start, but ,like any other industry, when you work at a place for as long as he has, things will have come to light that he was not are of.

His comment about Pep not coming is as the next manager and eluding to us, getting more of the same, may well make some sense, as the pot of mangers, under the agency Venky's insist on using, almost certainly mean, we won't be appointing anyone, with any real pedigree.

I am not too sure if Lambert was the only manager we have appointed, who was not under the HSH agency or their connections, but that's how it appears and Lambert was out of the door, in no time at all.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

I saw an interview with Ryan Nelson recently, superb captain, loved by the fans and very well respected.

He was called up by Barry Chuckle (Agnew) out of the blue and told to pack his bags, clean out his locker, say bye to nobody and leave the clubs training ground immediately, the owners had released him from his contract without any discussion whatsoever. Within 24hrs he'd signed for Spurs and Barry Chuckle was back on the phone asking what he was playing at, the club now wanted a transfer fee for him, needless to say he was told to piss off.

These aren't isolated incidents for badly advised owners, they systematically dismantled that squad to cut costs to the bone, its bordering on criminal with some evidence to support that allegedly. 

Anyone now telling me that they're willing to listen, they're willing to learn, they're talking to fans, whilst we languish in midtable championship obscurity because of that kind of behaviour, can go forth and multiply with the greatest of respect. 

Kean was questioned about Nelson's absence from the starting line up and he claimed he was badly injured. I think he even said he was in traction, his condition was so bad.

A few days later, he made his debut for Spurs.

• Like 8