BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 hours ago, Gav said:

The bottom line is the owners are the problem, not the manager. 

Gav,mate....they are ALL complicit in this utter shit show.

After Mowbray's ill thought and almost inflammatory comments to the media in the last 24 hrs I and many,many other fans don't want him as Manager of the Club we love...no need to belittle the suffering fans.

Remember when we won away at Wigan and King Rat walked swaggered to the centre circle and with raised hands in the air to Rovers fans like he thought he was fucking Hannibal the Great?....that may well repeat again tomorrow!.

He's one arrogant shithouse.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 7

People call Souness for his ego and arrogance when he was younger but when it mattered the guy showed his class. When things weren't going well and unrest was brewing he stood there and said fans are entitled to have a go so please have a go at me not the team. I have broad shoulders and i'm the manager the buck stops with me.

He also many times stated how patient he thought the Ewood crowd was and how other fans would turn far quicker when things went wrong.

Contrast to this present goat who has to tell everybody every five mins how humble he is, whilst never being held accountable for anything at all.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

I was about to call you a **** Hasta 😃

Then the penny dropped, fair play, I've not read the managers comments to be honest, I stopped a while back

Gav!!! You’re posting and you’ve not read his comments?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He heard those muted boos alright v Fulham:

“The guy who is shouting abuse, tell him to shut up and get on with supporting your team, that’s what would I do, that’s how I’ve always followed my team.''

That's a disgusting quote. Even Kean didn't have the ego to say that to the media.

If there's any trouble I hope Mowbray is reminded of what he said.

• Like 3

Mowbray’s comments the last couple weeks tell me that he knows he’s leaving at end of the season and he’s now trying to get his point across ready for his next job.

Saying he wished he could of spent the Armstrong money, and dismissing fans concerns saying we could go 5th if we win.

Just tells me he knows his times up now so doesn’t care if he upsets Venkys or fans and trying to clear his name.

I will always be thankful to him for getting us out of league 1 and stabilising us in the championship, and it’s a shame it looks like his run will end on a sour note. But his course is run here now.

Very nervous about who comes next.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ossyian said:

He's been saying that for the past 3 years or so. He likes "men with boots on" whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean. Alludes to Sheff Utd having "men in their 30s" not a young side like us. Maybe explains why he spunked millions in wages to the useless Bennett and Evans and a has been Mulgrew and to get Downing back here to sit on his arse for 6 months. Go back to when he was appointed here. Questioned the need for an academy  and was all for closing it so money could be spent on 1st team squad. To get journeyman in their 30s no doubt. Men with fucking boots on ffs

Spot on! 

Once he realised Vs were not that interested in promotion to the PL he quickly rebranded himself as at the forefront of youth development.

Apart from when a nice property development chance comes along.

And yet 1000s fall for the con. 

• Like 3

“I’ve said that before, I don’t say that trying to be clever, I just can’t understand why people wouldn’t support their club, why they want to be negative about anything?

“Come along, have your opinion, if you think the team aren’t working hard enough, or they haven’t got enough skill, whatever it might be, the manager makes terrible substitutions, have an opinion, no problem, but still support your team.”

Even his soundbites are inconsistent.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gav said:

Are you actually saying Tony Mowbray wanted to close the academy down when he arrived here?

Asia seems to liked that comment, can we post a link between the 2 of you?

I can then get onboard hating him if he said that 👍

The quote is 100% accurate. I remember it well.

6 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

I used to keep a library of LT bookmarks of Mowbray BS, but it got too big and was doing head in so binned off the lot months ago. I also remember it very well.

I have tried to avoid his BS but the most recent is him going too far.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

It’s none sense like this that people rightly defend Mowbray for. I think his times up, but the things people blame him for on here are so ridiculous. He didn’t say he wanted to get rid of academy when he joined. He doesn’t decide how much players get paid. He doesn’t deliberately not buy players.

All of that is none sense wrote by people who don’t go to games and just want him out.

Mowbray is failing as a manager with our squad last year, he should of gone for that. This year he’s doing well with a small squad, but he 7-0 is a disaster and it’s still time for change.

5 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

It’s none sense like this that people rightly defend Mowbray for. I think his times up, but the things people blame him for on here are so ridiculous. He didn’t say he wanted to get rid of academy when he joined. He doesn’t decide how much players get paid. He doesn’t deliberately not buy players.

All of that is none sense wrote by people who don’t go to games and just want him out.

Mowbray is failing as a manager with our squad last year, he should of gone for that. This year he’s doing well with a small squad, but he 7-0 is a disaster and it’s still time for change.

Think what you like but I heard this in an interview given by mowbray

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I was about to call you a **** Hasta, I struggled to get past the first paragraph 😃

Then the penny dropped, fair play, I've not read the managers comments to be honest, I stopped a while back

Oh, you won't have read the apology for the capitulation on Wednesday then Gav.

Oh, hang on a minute....

9 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

He didnt come out and directly say he wanted it shutting but

13 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

He didnt directly say he wanted the academy shutting, he alluded to the fact through the media that it might be more benefial us picking up lads released from prem academys at a later age so the money could be put toward the first team.

If he had his way the academy wouldnt be as it is now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That implies that the owners are invested in the club, are monitoring performance closely and that is before considering the unfortunately naive scenario of a spending spree in January. They probably are none the wiser that we lost 7 nil.

The likes of Mercer and Paul Mani clutching at straws having said a million and one times over the last couple of years that a Mowbray exit is imminent does nothing to make me feel even 1% confident that he won't at least last the season.

Well the owners have invested and financially backed the current manager massively. 

Not sure Paul has posted that much on Mowbray apart from this summer 

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He didnt directly say he wanted the academy shutting, he alluded to the fact through the media that it might be more benefial us picking up lads released from prem academys at a later age so the money could be put toward the first team.

What he said was that as a league 1 club he questioned the affordability of having a cat 1 acadamy and would rather have that money for the first team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

What you have just said there, to me he has suggested we could use the Brentford model. Which worked for them. Saying if he had his way it wouldn’t be as it is now is twisting words isn’t it? The way the academy operates has nothing to do with him anyway, he’s just a football manager.

Theres enough to dig him out on his team selections and results, the rest is just fabricated.

2 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

What he said was that as a league 1 club he questioned the affordability of having a cat 1 acadamy and would rather have that money for the first team.

Exactly and he’s allowed his opinion on things like that. Fans on here thinking that means he has some Evil plan to kill it off etc is so ridiculous.

Honestly you don’t hear this sort of stuff in real life face to face, social media brings out all sorts.

Brentford built their model up from the bottom basically, they didn't have an academy as far as i know. I might be wrong.

When you have something like ours that works you don't just bin it off on a manger and ceo's whim. Like i mentioned the Coventry fans saying the similarities are striking to TM and co there as to here.  They didn't have half what we have to work with though.

Having the budget halved is difficult for anybody but we don't actually know that is the case. Mowbray sets his stall out with kids and loans he's done it at previous clubs and it's safe to assume he selling a plan to the owners.

That's why he keeps papping on about journeys etc but ultimately it's all about keeping him and his pals on footballs gravy train.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

What you have just said there, to me he has suggested we could use the Brentford model. Which worked for them. Saying if he had his way it wouldn’t be as it is now is twisting words isn’t it? The way the academy operates has nothing to do with him anyway, he’s just a football manager.

Theres enough to dig him out on his team selections and results, the rest is just fabricated.

Have you had your eyes shut the last 11 years?

Can you put your hand on your heart and say certain managers throughout that time havent  had an unhealthy amount of power at the club?

Its just coincidence that Waggott happened to be familiar with Mowbray ,that Park familiar with Mowbray, that he manages to get a 4 year deal for a keeper another championship club deemed not good enough yet everyone else seemingly only gets a 2 year deal.That they had been our owners how many years previous and no talk of a sale of the training ground for housing yet it comes along with Mowbray and Waggott in place when it happened at their previous club.

What are these meetings in india about?He has to go all the way there just for them to give him a number?

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Have you had your eyes shut the last 11 years?

Can you put your hand on your heart and say certain managers throughout that time havent  had an unhealthy amount of power at the club?

Its just coincidence that Waggott happened to be familiar with Mowbray ,that Park familiar with Mowbray, that he manages to get a 4 year deal for a keeper another championship club deemed not good enough yet everyone else seemingly only gets a 2 year deal.That they had been our owners how many years previous and no talk of a sale of the training ground for housing yet it comes along with Mowbray and Waggott in place when it happened at their previous club.

What are these meetings in india about?He has to go all the way there just for them to give him a number?

Mowbray deserved his deal he made a huge difference around the club and for us promoted from a league far bigger teams are still stuck in.

There is no Mowbray conspiracy here, his contact is up in summer. If it’s as you suggest do you not think he would have been giving another 4 years by now?

I know this may seem far fetched for some, but maybe Venkys know Mowbray had 1 season left, this season FFP meant funds be limited, so they are saving them selves to replace the manager end of season and give funds to the new one, hence the training ground sale and lack of Armstrong money to Mowbray.

3 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Mowbray deserved his deal he made a huge difference around the club and for us promoted from a league far bigger teams are still stuck in.

There is no Mowbray conspiracy here, his contact is up in summer. If it’s as you suggest do you not think he would have been giving another 4 years by now?

He deserved his deal maybe but he should have been potted long ago.If the height of your ambition is to have a manager who seemingly thinks our limit is mid table championship then fair play.Iv never come across a bigger ego, he is wrong about nothing.

Him deserving his deal doesnt mean he should then have a say who should be ceo which he clearly did have a say in 

2 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

I know this may seem far fetched for some, but maybe Venkys know Mowbray had 1 season left, this season FFP meant funds be limited, so they are saving them selves to replace the manager end of season and give funds to the new one, hence the training ground sale and lack of Armstrong money to Mowbray.

That would be the sensible approach to it but thats rarely gone hand in hand with Vs.

More like we've ended up near the cliff edge again but don't have 30 million of players to sell.  So other action has had to be taken whilst trying.hoping the team remain competitive.

If it does their logic dictates they'll stick with it and Mowbray.

• Like 1