BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The only crumb of comfort I'm clinging to is that he may know he's history and this is a parting shot at the fans on the way out of the door.

it comes across the complete opposite to me it comes across as I am going nowhere so you can say what the hell you want i dont care

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sorry now, but fuck me, thats a tough read

“I’ve said that before, I don’t say that trying to be clever, I just can’t understand why people wouldn’t support their club, why they want to be negative about anything?

Changing the manager is no problem to me, I’ve said this to you before, I don’t want to be a burden on this club, change the manager, you’re not getting Pep Guardiola to turn you into a super, amazing football team.

“I can’t affect the noise in the background, and let me tell you that when I leave, there’s only going to be another guy you are sat here asking the same questions to.

“Unless someone gives him £100m or £200m to get him experienced, talented footballers to get out of this league, you’re going to have the same questions and have the same days, the same results.

“My job is to try and put a team out on the pitch who work and fight for the club, and to understand there’s no magic switch.

“You aren’t getting Pep Guardiola to come in and change this team, and even he spent £200m on full backs alone to try and win a title.

Another thing: Mentioning the £200 million on full backs alone is slimy, weasel words and disingenuous in the extreme. Pep did that to win the Premier League. We are talking about the championship. How is that a like for like comparison. What a snake. 

55 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

“The guy who is shouting abuse, tell him to shut up and get on with supporting your team, that’s what would I do, that’s how I’ve always followed my team".

That comment right there is what will cause fights and arguments in the stands. Just like the Kean days. The FB/twitter/LT brigade will lap that crap right up. "Get behind the lads". This interview is worse than a Kean one, insulting us with nonsense about Pep and £200m.

Hugely irrisponsible, actively encouraging fans to police other other supports. Highly immoral too. Told you he isn't a good guy. 

45 minutes ago, Rovers Trust said:

Happy Birthday Rovers(!)

Glad you don't let them get to you because if this is your response when not got to, I'd hate to see your response when they do!

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Also reference to the "older gentlemen" who "lived through the glory years".

This as really annoyed me ,i am 59 years old and i played for the club i support as  Blackburn school boy when Jim Smith was here  40 years of ups and downs and to be honest i am lost for words for what i think of Mowbary at this moment in time, he needs to be very careful as the worm will turn if he carries on with his shite ...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Displaced Rover said:

Just read the article in the LT. What a giant fuck you. It's like he's just trying to deliberately antagonise the fan base at this point. The classic Mowbray reaction - "question me and I'll get the hump and sit with my arms crossed".

I was on the fence about tomorrow given I've been a bit unwell this week but I want to be there and I want to make my displeasure apparent to this prick.

Get him out of our club now.

Give him shit!

Can't be there so my PC monitor better be able to cope with a verbal hammering.

Win or lose he is a twat.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

'If we'd got a result we'd have gone 4th in the division'

Aww, and we came so close to getting a result, too...

Selfish bastards Fulham. Not letting us win so he could have taken us to the highest position we have been under the cretin. 

Cudda, wudda, shudda. 

• Like 1

Mowbray lost it last season. His mate Waggott sat his fat arse on his grubby hands and did nothing. Mowbray is bomb proof while those morons are in charge. We need a campaign of targeting the owners to change the management including Waggott. My experience of Indian culture is that they are very loyal, so it has to be done carefully and with great respect to the owners.

• Like 3

He will be gone soon as the form is going to get a hell of a lot worse; it's inevitable under him and fan patience seems close to a toxic level of thin. The owner's might want to spend a bit in January too and I doubt they'll want him involved in that. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

What I really don’t like is the word ‘abuse’ being conveniently redefined to support people’s arguments.

Criticism for being shit at your job isn’t abuse and it’s time the word was reclaimed. Not saying abuse doesn’t happen at all, as it does, but nowhere near to the extent Mowbray and his staunch defenders are saying.

Good point. Yes he's calling it abuse but actually it's criticism of his poor performances. It's another of his sneaky sly underhand ways to avoid any kind of accountability. 

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Just read this about Ayala "As I keep saying, I’m not the doctor, I’m not the physio. We’ll wait and see how quickly he recovers."

I may be old fashioned - but surely a good manager would speak to his Physio/Doctor so he knows this information ? Surely this is part of team preparation and forward planning to know this information ?

You're talking about a bloke who openly admitted to not having a plan in how to deal with the league's leading goalscorer and championship animal the other day.

He just sat back and watched Mitrovic run riot.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

As much as I preach about not copying and pasting on here, if anyone feels like being sound and copying and pasting the article into this thread, I’d be into it!

“I’ve said that before, I don’t say that trying to be clever, I just can’t understand why people wouldn’t support their club, why they want to be negative about anything?

Changing the manager is no problem to me, I’ve said this to you before, I don’t want to be a burden on this club, change the manager, you’re not getting Pep Guardiola to turn you into a super, amazing football team.

“I can’t affect the noise in the background, and let me tell you that when I leave, there’s only going to be another guy you are sat here asking the same questions to.

“Unless someone gives him £100m or £200m to get him experienced, talented footballers to get out of this league, you’re going to have the same questions and have the same days, the same results.

“My job is to try and put a team out on the pitch who work and fight for the club, and to understand there’s no magic switch.

“You aren’t getting Pep Guardiola to come in and change this team, and even he spent £200m on full backs alone to try and win a title.

I think that sums it up 

• Like 2