BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wait a second tho Rigger, I don't criticise Mowbray every single day tho. but after witness that shambolic performance last night and stay until the end of the game, I am very angry and annoyed at his lack of apology from himself and the players. Or even the club making a statement this morning to apology to every single Rovers supporter who attend last night game, quickly followed by a Mowbray sacking statement. 

I have throughout his reign criticise his signings like the failure to bring in a quality centre back in our first season back in the championship after promotion.  

I have criticised Mowbray on most days, and I will continue to do so. He is not just a bad manager on some days. To me, he has always been, and always will be a poor manager.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

I have criticised Mowbray on most days, and I will continue to do so. He is not just a bad manager on some days. To me, he has always been, and always will be a poor manager.

I don't think he is bad or poor manager but Rovers as a club need a new manager approach who has a different tactical approach and fresh ideas, plus a new coaching staff and can have the players who can adapt to a couple of different formations easily 

• Like 1

I actually felt sorry for most of the players last night everything that could go wrong did. They were exposed as being out of their depth and lead by a chump not a leader.

TM couldn't do anything about the bad defending or clumsy tackle but we were all wrong before that. This is where real nous comes in from better managers knowing how to set up against real quality. And knowing what to do when it's going wrong.

Time and time again against the better sides Mowbrays teams have come up short. I expected to lose comfortably anyway but that was a shocker. 

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think he is bad or poor manager but Rovers as a club need a new manager approach who has a different tactical approach and fresh ideas, plus a new coaching staff and can have the players who can adapt to a couple of different formations easily 

Say no more.

On 24/10/2021 at 15:19, Mercer said:

I think the next Rovers' manager, and sooner than some on here think, will be either Wilder or Neill with reports of both having attended recent Rovers' games.  I understand both have support in the Rovers' hierarchy and are not unknown to them!

I stand by this.

Head on the block - doubt even a win on Saturday will be enough to save Mowbray.

Sadly, I don't think he should ever have been appointed and, IMO, his departure will be at least four and a half years too late.  

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The way he allowed Wigan to walk away with the Championship told me all I needed to know. That and all the talk about bringing in new signings to “ help out “ the existing players. The guy has no ambition apart from drawing next months pay cheque. I’d have fired him then.

He has been conning a living ever since Celtic binned him off.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I stand by this.

Head on the block - doubt even a win on Saturday will be enough to save Mowbray.

Sadly, I don't think he should ever have been appointed and, IMO, his departure will be at least four and a half years too late.  

Can't quite out my finger on it but Wilder concerns me.. Like he popped his cork and only had the one pop in him.  I just feel he was in the right place and situation at the right time and will never see such highs again.  I think Ainsworth and Neill may be better options for us simply because I have the impression both have more of a fire in their belly.  Still I have been horribly wrong on managers before.

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I actually felt sorry for most of the players last night everything that could go wrong did. They were exposed as being out of their depth and lead by a chump not a leader.

TM couldn't do anything about the bad defending or clumsy tackle but we were all wrong before that. This is where real nous comes in from better managers knowing how to set up against real quality. And knowing what to do when it's going wrong.

Time and time again against the better sides Mowbrays teams have come up short. I expected to lose comfortably anyway but that was a shocker. 

2 points from 36 against the teams who finished top two in the division over the past three seasons tells its own story. I bet our record against the top six as a whole is pretty shocking as well. Can't be bothered to check though as I'm depressed enough as it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I stand by this.

To be fair to mercer i'd been told by that major changes are coming in the next few weeks but no one seemed sure what they are, that came from someone very close to the club

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I wouldn't normally say this because the manager has ultimate responsibility but the players were just as pathetic last night.

Apart from one or two, most of them showed very little pride or fight - and for a professional footballer, that is completely unacceptable

Where were the leaders rallying the troops to keep the heads up and battle to the end? All we have is a team of shrinking violets. 

No professional team should lose 7-0, especially at home

If he had anything about him, Mowbray should be reading the riot act today 

Mowbray's job to get the balance right in the side though. Every team needs some "scrappers", the ones who go the extra

mile and rev up the others. We've always had our share over the years but not now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray IS the current problem and has been for months. 

He hasn't be sacked cos in my opinion cos he has been up a trusted relationship with them and thats why. 

He has been financially backed for the past 3 seasons before this one. He has over 16 million pounds in transfers fees, plus loan fees for players like Reed, Elliott and Tosin. Then the wage bill he has been allowed to run with each season like having a wage bill at 189% compare to turnover. Then he moans about his lack of budget this summer but any normal footballing manager would have known that his budget this summer would be smaller and he can't moan or complain cos he has been more than backed by the club and owners. 

I don't see promotion or even top 6 has over achieving at all given the budget he has had and time to build a squad. So why hasn't he build a top 6 squad? cos his transfers haven't improve the squad and his tactical approach isn't working anymore. 

He hasnt been sacked in the last 18 months and almost certainly wont be this season because of THE main problem. Do Venkys not get any blame for not giving a shit and allowing him to stay on? Even Kean and Coyle werent the problem when they were here and both should never have been appointed, Venkys are always the problem, Mowbray is a big symptom.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I stand by this.

I certainly wont be getting my hopes up with your track record, as much as I would like him to go.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 47er said:

Mowbray's job to get the balance right in the side though. Every team needs some "scrappers", the ones who go the extra

mile and rev up the others. We've always had our share over the years but not now.

That’s been the problem all along  - too many nice lads. We needed a couple of nasty bastards bringing in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

First question by a journalist with his Rovers nose to the ground after last night's match should have been

Well, Tony. That was the worst home defeat in the club's history - are you considering resigning?

After the denial the second question should have been

Rovers fans will be feeling dejected and humiliated tonight. Are you going to apologise to them?

That journalist would have had their access revoked. You know how this works.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

If I were a player I'd be kicking off big time and begging to leave in January. 

Yet it's because of the Venkys we are underperforming? 

Come on people Venkys might be why we're in the championship but they're certainly not the reason we're so shit under this manager.

And people wonder why Rothwell, Nyambe et al are allowing their contracts to expire...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

The players gave up last night. As evidenced by the Dack / Butterworth Instagram activity, they don't give a toss.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

He hasnt been sacked in the last 18 months and almost certainly wont be this season because of THE main problem. Do Venkys not get any blame for not giving a shit and allowing him to stay on? Even Kean and Coyle werent the problem when they were here and both should never have been appointed, Venkys are always the problem, Mowbray is a big symptom.

Venkys should have sack him last season in my opinion. Why they didn't only they know. 

But not forget that Mowbray is the CURRENT MAIN PROBLEM and Mowbray should have us promote or at least top 6 by now. He has been massive financially backed by the owners. He can't have any complaints about that or you. So here a simple question for you, do you agree or disagree that Mowbray has been financially backed by them and should have us top 6/promote? Also why is promotion an overachieve? 

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I stand by this.

I hope you are correct for once Mercer

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1