BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I wouldn't normally say this because the manager has ultimate responsibility but the players were just as pathetic last night.

Apart from one or two, most of them showed very little pride or fight - and for a professional footballer, that is completely unacceptable

Where were the leaders rallying the troops to keep the heads up and battle to the end? All we have is a team of shrinking violets. 

No professional team should lose 7-0, especially at home

If he had anything about him, Mowbray should be reading the riot act today 

I’m not disagreeing with you but Mowbray doesn’t make it easier for them. I think we were 3-0 down and our formation was 3-3-3.

It was almost as if Mowbray was taking the piss out of the goals tally for the opposition.

But the reality is that Mowbray appears to be having the footballing equivalent of a nervous breakdown. He’s managed to go beyond full Mowbray.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The players gave up last night. As evidenced by the Dack / Butterworth Instagram activity, they don't give a toss.

And what of the leadership on the sidelines ?  They obviously have no fear or are bothered about that.

Neither was he, as iv'e said a dozen times he's a white flag waving surrender monkey in these games. His record whilst here backs it up i'd wager, all to easily accepts defeat before the ball is kicked.

It is no wonder we've never come close to cracking the top ten under him before this season with bigger better squads.  Iv'e banged on about it for years but the mentality under him is all wrong and always has been.

• Like 2

I remember the dingles getting a similar dicking at home to somebody like Gillingham. Stan Ternent came on Radio Lancashire after the game and said “ There were players out there today who will never play for this club again. “ He actually named the players , and as far as I know they never did play again.

The players need to know as far as the manager is concerned there are lines they do not cross. When Ternent was managing Burnley you could see that was the case, I don’t get that feeling with Mowbray.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I think he means u think he's a good manager when he's not.  

Well if he was bad manager we would be bottom 3 or not got league 1 promotion. 

Mowbray isn't good enough to get promote from this league but we keep you mid-table if that's your aim 

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Venkys should have sack him last season in my opinion. Why they didn't only they know. 

But not forget that Mowbray is the CURRENT MAIN PROBLEM and Mowbray should have us promote or at least top 6 by now. He has been massive financially backed by the owners. He can't have any complaints about that or you. So here a simple question for you, do you agree or disagree that Mowbray has been financially backed by them and should have us top 6/promote? Also why is promotion an overachieve? 

I hope you are correct for once Mercer

Ive wanted him sacked for a lot longer than you, I think "massively financially backed" is an exaggeration and I think that a top 6 finish would have been an overachievement but not an unrealistic one, the problem is that we are regressing, certainly last season. We are falling further away.

But I suspect that the penny will never drop for you no matter how low we go with these bastard owners. You brush the fact that they are choosing to keep him due to the fact that they dont give a shit under the carpet. They probably dont even know the score from last night. Their choices of manager and the duration to which they keep them throughout their time has been awful and shows no signs of changing. Venkys are the problem for choosing to ignore the massive symptom of an underperforming manager, and for some reason you and others dont seem to grasp that. If we was run properly then he wouldnt still be in a job, Venkys are the main issue and have been the common denominator in 11 years of woe.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I remember the dingles getting a similar dicking at home to somebody like Gillingham. Stan Ternent came on Radio Lancashire after the game and said “ There were players out there today who will never play for this club again. “ He actually named the players , and as far as I know they never did play again.

The players need to know as far as the manager is concerned there are lines they do not cross. When Ternent was managing Burnley you could see that was the case, I don’t get that feeling with Mowbray.

He's just as dour as Stan but nowhere near as pragmatic or hard. Instead he has a need to be liked and always seen as the nice guy so we'll always have a soft underbelly with him.

I remember the game you're referring to and Ternent was absolutely steaming. Probably head butted a few afterwards,  Tony hands out haribos and comfort blankets instead, whilst he waits for the bus to pass before he shoves a few under to cover his own sorry arse.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

, I think "massively financially backed" is an exaggeration. 

He has plenty of money to spend and build his own squad. Over 16 million pounds to spend plus loan fees and wages. Time you face the fact that this manager has been massively financially backed by the club. Stop defending him again. 

I think that a top 6 finish would have been an overachievement but not an unrealistic one,

How is top 6 finish over achieving? 

the problem is that we are regressing, certainly last season. We are falling further away.

Last season, Mowbray and players failed but this season we are a couple of points of the top 6.  We need a better quality manager to achieve this promotion we all want 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

Relax

He'll get his usual back against the wall win tomorrow because these players are better than they showed the other night.

Tactically he'll always be in a world of his own, he always has been but the fighting spirit of the young side will carry things through.

5 pm Saturday his teflon head will be twice the size again and he'll be having his usual veiled digs and victim mentality in the post match presser.   

• Like 8

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He has plenty of money to spend and build his own squad. Over 16 million pounds to spend plus loan fees and wages. Time you face the fact that this manager has been massively financially backed by the club. Stop defending him again. 

How is top 6 finish over achieving? 

Last season, Mowbray and players failed but this season we are a couple of points of the top 6.  We need a better quality manager to achieve this promotion we all want 

Chaddy, I've wanted Mowbray out much longer than you have. I am well aware that we need a new manager, but the fact that we dont and wont anytime soon is down to the real, underlying issue, Venkys.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Chaddy, I've wanted Mowbray out much longer than you have. I am well aware that we need a new manager, but the fact that we dont and wont anytime soon is down to the real, underlying issue, Venkys.

You say you want Mowbray out but weirdly preach about how it's never going to happen. You also defend Mowbray and say it's the Venkys fault.

The Venkys don't setup the team, formation to anything like that for that matter.

He's spent over £15m in his time, handed out countlessly pointless contracts to award a promotion, yet you blame the Venkys? He's the one in the press bigging up the Venkys, recommending contract extensions.

I really don't understand your stand point at all.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I've wanted Mowbray out much longer than you have. 

Does that matter? Nope. Just you trying point score on here. 

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am well aware that we need a new manager, but the fact that we dont and wont anytime soon is down to the real, underlying issue, Venkys.

You keep blaming Venkys but they have backed Mowbray financially In the last 3 season including 16 million in transfer fees plus loan fees and wages. Plus given him time to build his own squad. But the owners don't sign the players, or set the formation or tactics or team selection. That's Mowbray fault and he is to blame for our current situation not the owners. 

I hope the owners sack him after the Sheffield United game. The owner have sack Bowyer at this time. If Mowbray is sack then we need to appoint the right manager. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Absolutely shamless the lot of them.

Brace yourselves for the usual pre-match boredom today. Self-pity about injuries and suspension. Soundbites about 'putting it right' after Wednesday. A few dollops of what a massive, brilliant force Sheffield United are, how they have parachute money so we can't compete (since relegation they have won 5 out of 16 in the league and those were against Derby, Pboro, Hull, Barnsley and Stoke)

Going back to the start of last season they have won 12 out of 54 games, losing 36 of them.

I fully expect a backs to the wall win or bore draw which will erase the 7-0 from consciousness and reset the clock.

The only way serious pressure begins to build on this guy is if we get walloped again which is highly, highly unlikely going off their record and law of averages.

A narrow defeat and the Mowbray disciples will be out to tell us how the players are still fighting for him, odd random results like Wednesday happen and on the show goes.

• Like 1

I honestly genuinely think if we got whooped 3/4/5 nil nothing would happen at all.

The die was cast for this season when they didn't change in summer. Then the usual flatter to deceive little run of form early justifies the don't try and fix it policy.

Now here we are again with it set to run and run and maybe run some more.

• Like 2