BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

• Backroom
8 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Another thing that’s jumped out of this interview. What is this weird ongoing obsession he has with categorising footballers (all adults) between “men” and “boys”? It’s like he’s living in some sort of weird Oliver Twist style fantasy world…

Other than coming off as incredibly patronising, it's really just a poor excuse. In general there's only a gap of around 1-2 years average between most teams in the division. From memory Sheff Utd have one of the highest average squad ages in the division at around 27, and look how their season has been going so far.

Meanwhile we have the second top scorer in the Championship here and he's 22. 

"we’re a team that don’t have Danny Graham or Charlie Mulgrew, we don’t have that experience, not because we got rid of them, but because their age ran away with them."

I'm not even sure WTF he's on about here. We've replaced Mulgrew with Ayala, so how is that a gap? Both spend roughly the same amount of time in the treatment room as well, so it's practically a like-for-like. Graham meanwhile was replaced firstly by Armstrong and now by Brereton who are outperforming him as far as scoring is concerned. 

Let's also keep in mind the same squad with the likes of Graham, Bennett and Mulgrew got relegated and only ever managed a record-high Championship finish of 11th. 

Long story short, Mowbray is talking shit as usual.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 9

• Moderation Lead
56 minutes ago, DE. said:

"You watch, I spend 90 minutes trying to drive the team"

😂 Words fail me.

He must have better telekinetic abilities than I gave him credit for, as the only times I saw him on the touch line, he was standing there with his hands in his pockets!

More front than Blackpool Prom.

• Like 8

His words are shocking - the majority of fans stayed behind the team far more than they deserved on Wednesday. TM has had far more support from the fans at Ewood than he deserves - and yet he is basically questioning their loyalty because some have dared to question him or his tactics.

Somebody needs to make him sit through 90 minutes of him driving his team on - and see if he can stay awake - several times on Wednesday he actually turned his back on them.

This is the worst spin interview since the days of Kean. It is such a shame - he actually did a reasonable job (up to last season where he failed miserably) - but is just past his sell by date. All his talk of integrity etc is being shown to be a sham. Having said that - I wouldn't walk out of my job without a pay-off - and it would appear that is what TM is aiming for. 

• Like 8

Just read this about Ayala "As I keep saying, I’m not the doctor, I’m not the physio. We’ll wait and see how quickly he recovers."

I may be old fashioned - but surely a good manager would speak to his Physio/Doctor so he knows this information ? Surely this is part of team preparation and forward planning to know this information ?

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

That's really strange that Pep and £200 million is needed because I could have sworn that Blackpool and Coventry were in worse positions than TM inherited with is but are now above us in the league. And that's without either Pep or the dosh. 

Spot on.

We've been on Tony's "journey" now for four and a half years and find ourselves behind those Clubs who in comparative terms are barely out of the starting blocks and who have spent the tiniest fraction of what we have.

What's he on about as well needing £100 or £200m to get promoted? He's already burnt his way through c£100m of the owners money over the last few years keeping the likes of Graham, Mulgrew, Bennett,Downing and Evans in clover.

• Like 7

Feck me. That interview is sickening. A diatribe of an arrogant imposter who knows full well he's immune from the sack. 

No apology, no promise to improve...simply an excuse and a message to fans to shut up and what more do you except. 

Awful. No other manager with a real boardroom would get away with this nonsense. 

He has absolutely zero intention of walking away from this easy paycheck.

Edited by benhben
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

That's really strange that Pep and £200 million is needed because I could have sworn that Blackpool and Coventry were in worse positions than TM inherited with is but are now above us in the league. And that's without either Pep or the dosh. 

This is exactly what should have been put to him at the press conference 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

You say you want Mowbray out but weirdly preach about how it's never going to happen. You also defend Mowbray and say it's the Venkys fault.

The Venkys don't setup the team, formation to anything like that for that matter.

He's spent over £15m in his time, handed out countlessly pointless contracts to award a promotion, yet you blame the Venkys? He's the one in the press bigging up the Venkys, recommending contract extensions.

I really don't understand your stand point at all.

The statement in bold is typical of the illogical way that people view the current situation.

Who appointed Mowbray, and allow him to remain in his job despite regressing due to their negligence and disinterest? Why aren't they in any way responsible when they have been the common denominator in 11 dismal years?

I have repeatedly stated for a good 18 months that I want Mowbray out, but equally I don't get bogged down in analysing every word he says, nor do I think that he is the primary thing wrong with the club or responsible for everything.

The reason that I say that it won't happen unlike yourself who believes the most cryptic sources and whispers is because I know that the main underlying problem ie Venkys do not judge their managers and act upon that like normal owners.

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Also reference to the "older gentlemen" who "lived through the glory years".

Patronising arsehole. The reason we older fans can see right through him is  not because of the Dalglish years but because of the pre Jack Walker years where we've seen proper managers whose shoes Mowbray isn't fit to lace like Furphy, Lee,  Smith, Kendall and Mackay thrive on a financial shoestring.

They never had tens of millions of pounds of owners backing and the luxury of running a wage bill of 187% to turnover like Mowbray has been able to do.

He could definitely stand a clatter. He's up there with kean now for me

• Like 4

His comments today are unbelievable definitely go to show that he knows he is in no danger of being sacked no matter what.

Mercer I know you keep saying it is going to happen sooner than people might think that interview today is fuck you I am here for as long as I want to be here.

I have tried to not join the he is as bad as Kean message but telling people that if they have a different opinion to him they should be told to shut up by other supporters is a disgrace

• Like 8

Oh, and isn't it odd how he says "I don't see it, I don't feel it" in relation to comments made online? Just a day or two after it was posted on here that fan comments have got to him. There have been a number of instances where it has felt as though he is responding to some of us on here.

A year or so ago he said he is made aware of comments on social media, so I don't buy what he is saying.

• Like 1