BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He has plenty of money to spend and build his own squad. Over 16 million pounds to spend plus loan fees and wages. Time you face the fact that this manager has been massively financially backed by the club. Stop defending him again. 

How is top 6 finish over achieving? 

Last season, Mowbray and players failed but this season we are a couple of points of the top 6.  We need a better quality manager to achieve this promotion we all want 

I actually agree with every point there. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Butty said:

Read if you dare. No apology to the fans but rather he tells us to stop being negative and support the team regardless. Such an arrogant twat isn’t he. Then talks about if he goes we aren’t going to get Pep to replace him, I’d take Mike Bassett over you Tony.

I’d take Bertie Bassett, at least you could eat him if we lost 7-0 again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DE. said:

The arrogance in that press conference is honestly astounding. He literally says nobody could do a better job than him unless they had £100m+ to spend. 

He’s completely deluded.

His words still sound of a man who knows he’s off at the end of the season, which gives me the tiniest bit of hope. But as we know, he’s only ever one phone call away from getting bumper new deals for him and his Coventry mates. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

Sorry now, but fuck me, thats a tough read

“I’ve said that before, I don’t say that trying to be clever, I just can’t understand why people wouldn’t support their club, why they want to be negative about anything?

Changing the manager is no problem to me, I’ve said this to you before, I don’t want to be a burden on this club, change the manager, you’re not getting Pep Guardiola to turn you into a super, amazing football team.

“I can’t affect the noise in the background, and let me tell you that when I leave, there’s only going to be another guy you are sat here asking the same questions to.

“Unless someone gives him £100m or £200m to get him experienced, talented footballers to get out of this league, you’re going to have the same questions and have the same days, the same results.

“My job is to try and put a team out on the pitch who work and fight for the club, and to understand there’s no magic switch.

“You aren’t getting Pep Guardiola to come in and change this team, and even he spent £200m on full backs alone to try and win a title.

His words are even more hollow than usual, deluded, thick or just gutless? he is all 3 in huge portions.

How he doesnt think he is a burden is as ignorant as one can be. Get out and now.

If he was sacked he is is not going to get massive compensation he wouldnt even get his full salary due over the remainder of his current contract so get him out and NOW!

• Like 1

So thin skinned if that’s his response.

Just shows what an easy ride he’s had from the fanbase throughout. Even after the worst home defeat in our history it was muted.

He’d have got absolute pelters anywhere else… indeed he would’ve here just a few years back.

• Like 6

Just read the article in the LT. What a giant fuck you. It's like he's just trying to deliberately antagonise the fan base at this point. The classic Mowbray reaction - "question me and I'll get the hump and sit with my arms crossed".

I was on the fence about tomorrow given I've been a bit unwell this week but I want to be there and I want to make my displeasure apparent to this prick.

Get him out of our club now.

• Like 9

He's a complete twat and has been for 2 years now.

Entirely predictable it's nothing to do with him hes spun it all back onto fans etc. He's the victim in all this just trying to clear up the mess.

Honestly you'd have to be a real plank to just sit there and not genuinely question his part in it all.  Come 5pm tomorrow though hes stealthily set himself up to be the hero again if we win.

Sickening merry go round of nonsense this is.  The Mowbray era should've ended on good terms 2 years or at least 12 months ago. It should be looked back on as one of fond stability but instead it's turning into a farce.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sorry now, but fuck me, thats a tough read

“I’ve said that before, I don’t say that trying to be clever, I just can’t understand why people wouldn’t support their club, why they want to be negative about anything?

Changing the manager is no problem to me, I’ve said this to you before, I don’t want to be a burden on this club, change the manager, you’re not getting Pep Guardiola to turn you into a super, amazing football team.

“I can’t affect the noise in the background, and let me tell you that when I leave, there’s only going to be another guy you are sat here asking the same questions to.

“Unless someone gives him £100m or £200m to get him experienced, talented footballers to get out of this league, you’re going to have the same questions and have the same days, the same results.

“My job is to try and put a team out on the pitch who work and fight for the club, and to understand there’s no magic switch.

“You aren’t getting Pep Guardiola to come in and change this team, and even he spent £200m on full backs alone to try and win a title.

he's just a moron. 

you only have to look at the majority of other clubs that have reached the play offs or even won automatic promation in the past 10 years since we've been down here. Most are are just in the same financial position as we have been, some even worst off!! The difference is ALWAYS that they have quality managers getting the very best out of what they have at their disposal and creating a positive winning mentality amongst their players. 

Also most of the managers of those teams probably achieved what they did whilst only being at their clubs a couple of years!! where as Mowbray must surely now be one of the longest serving managers in the professional leagues! 

Mowbrays just a cynical defeatest, and has with his words here just openly admitted that he doesn't believe we will ever achieve anything unless he's given hundreds of millions to spend on new players😲

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

• Backroom

The cheek of this bloke who's been here for a cup of coffee compared to most fans telling us how to support our club. Of course he also had to go for a nostalgic trip down memory lane regaling his days going to watch Boro. I wonder how often you watched them get trounced 7-0 at home, Tony? Even back in those days when there were more high scoring games I bet it wasn't often.

• Like 4