BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Rich making a good attempt at filling the inernational break void with 1000 pointless words about Mowbray's 1000 pointless days in charge.

Problem is the headline says we are a different Rovers from when he took over. No we aren't. We have a different flavour of useless picking the team but otherwise we are exactly the same.

What is the latest on the Lenihan and Williams injuries?

Is Nyambe back at Brockhall from international duty?

What have the players been doing this past fortnight?

What is Mowbray's points target for these next 4 easy games?

Why has the club postponed the supporters consultation meeting from Nov to Jan?

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

5 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Rich making a good attempt at filling the inernational break void with 1000 pointless words about Mowbray's 1000 pointless days in charge.

Problem is the headline says we are a different Rovers from when he took over. No we aren't. We have a different flavour of useless picking the team but otherwise we are exactly the same.

What is the latest on the Lenihan and Williams injuries?

Is Nyambe back at Brockhall from international duty?

What have the players been doing this past fortnight?

What is Mowbray's points target for these next 4 easy games?

Why has the club postponed the supporters consultation meeting from Nov to Jan?

No easy games in the Championship and very dangerous to think that there are 

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

It needs an natural upgrade, Mowbray was an upgrade on Coyle and imo Lambert might have proved an upgrade on Bowyer had he stayed and been given similar backing. Regardless of his style of play etc that takes time to bed in something that TM had had plenty of now but still doesn't know which way to go.

We missed a trick after GB not actually going for better than Lambert when they should have but on paper Lambert was an upgrade so a similar line needs to be followed now.  Preston - yes i know - upgraded from Grayson who was similar to GB & TM and got Neil who's more bullish and bold and it's paying dividends with a modest squad. I think they'll fall away again  but that's not his fault unless he wastes money they might get to strengthen. The way it's done here....

Trick is to do the opposite of knobend and get a half decent squad achieving what it should rather than an average one over achieving. There's in no excuse to be floundering round the bottom end when you can spend the money we have and pay the wages we do to a lot.

Non at all !

That's an interesting point. In your opinion, or that of anybody else,  when did we last clearly overachieve in a game ?

The only one that sticks out is Hudds where they perhaps played beyond themselves for a half. In a whole game ?   No idea i don't think there is one, this season at least.

Even under Bowyer you could point to some cup games where we were above ourselves for 90+ mins.

Edited by tomphil

2 hours ago, toogs said:

You could argue there's no difficult one's either.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They're as easy or as hard as you make them. If you're going to get out enthused most of the time they're all going to be hard.

Lads, it is known to be one of the most competitive leagues in world football. Leeds or WBA could lose to the bottom club next week and nobody would be surprised. 

We are doing badly and there are big question marks over the manager, ye don't need to downplay the competitiveness of the league. 

28 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lads, it is known to be one of the most competitive leagues in world football. Leeds or WBA could lose to the bottom club next week and nobody would be surprised. 

We are doing badly and there are big question marks over the manager, ye don't need to downplay the competitiveness of the league. 

On paper the next 4 are far more winnable than the last 4, including 3 of them being at home.

Failure to get 9 points minimum would probably see us bottom 3, ye don't need to downplay the expectations of Rovers playing crap sides at home.

15 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Ok, sorry. 3-3 at halftime and Barnsley hit a 74th minute winner, that sparks a mass exodus on 75 mins.?

Very thoughtful of you, Ww; but it'd mean I'd be further back in the queue at the corner of Kidder Street for the bus to Bolton!?

18 hours ago, m1st said:

By the way, Pocchetino's available at the moment, isn't he?!?? 

Just saying!?

My paper's full of him at the moment. There's an interesting article about management with a revealing quote from Gordon Strachan which I'll paraphrase -   " Football operates in cycles. The third year is fatal, the moment when the critical mass of players tire of the techniques and idiosyncrasies of their manager, when one or the other has to change ".  Ring any bells Tony ?

Previously in the article it mentioned Liverpool losing to Watford in the FA cup. Bill Shankly went into the dressing room after the game and told 5 of his long established stars that they were finished and he'd be moving them out and new blood would be brought in.

He said " It had to be done and if I didn't do it I'd be shirking my obligations ". The players changed but his methods did not - " We played to our strengths. We pressured everybody and we made them run. "

How times have changed.

On 19/11/2019 at 15:44, OldEwoodBlue said:

On paper the next 4 are far more winnable than the last 4, including 3 of them being at home.

Failure to get 9 points minimum would probably see us bottom 3, ye don't need to downplay the expectations of Rovers playing crap sides at home.

We should be winning it and hopefully we get at least 9 points in the next 4 games, but we won't be in relegation if we don't. Boro won't get more points than us and we are 7 points clear of Stoke.