Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Middlesbrough (H)


Recommended Posts

  • Backroom

We've seen Nyambe play competently at RB before in this division so we know he's capable. He can't have much confidence after being stuck behind Bennett for so long, though. He's backup to a player who isn't even a natural right back and isn't even very good in that position. He's going to be rusty from lack of first team action anyway, and having a poor game against Oldham isn't going to have helped his confidence.

It's all irrelevent really though. Bennett has just been named captain/little skip, so there's no way he's going to be dropped, and the only position he can go is right back... therefore Bennett will almost certainly be at right back. If Lenihan and Tosin are both injured then Nyambe will likely be put into central defence, as we essentially have no other options, but if either are fit then he'll be on the bench again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Williams Cunningham

Gallagher Travis Johnson Downing

Dack

Graham 

Bloody hell.

Why are we making our right hand side as weak as possible.

Swap Nyambe & Rothwell for Bennett and Gallagher and it's not a bad team.

Edited by MarkBRFC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Bennett is dogshit.

Mowbray has drained every ounce of confidence out of Nyambe.

Nyambe is still just 21 FFS!!!

Nyambe has gone backwards in the 12 months. 

We need a right back who is good at going forward and defending. Sadly Nyambe isnt that player. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nyambe has gone backwards in the 12 months. . 

And yet you still put him in your starting lineup for Fulham last weekend !!

Nyambe was terrible on Tuesday night. However we know from last season that he's not usually that bad, and he was unfortunate to get dropped for the end of last season. Whilst his crossing isn't the best, he's actually better at trying to run past a full back going forward than Bennet. He's also better in the air than Bennett - an attribute we are incredibly short on if Tosin is out tomorrow. 

With Reed gone, I think there is a place for Bennett, but it's as cover for Travis and Johnson. His energy is his biggest attribute, and his distribution is no worse than Smallwood or Evans. I actually think he's a decent championship midfielder but he's getting panned now from some quarters unfairly as he's being shoved out of position.

 

Edited by Hasta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nyambe has gone backwards in the 12 months. 

We need a right back who is good at going forward and defending. Sadly Nyambe isnt that player. 

If he has gone backwards it's no surprise. I went backwards at my workplace for months not long ago after seeing somebody useless land a job in front of me too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bluebruce said:

If he has gone backwards it's no surprise. I went backwards at my workplace for months not long ago after seeing somebody useless land a job in front of me too.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it’s the people who can deal with such setbacks - which have happened since time immemorial - who get on in life.

Bennett isn’t much cop at RB, but I suspect the recent sanctification of Nyambe is as much to do with the Evans-Smallwood Mowbray-beating stick being rendered null and void as it is Ryan’s previously well-hidden likeness to Carlos Alberto.

Almost 100 first-team games without a sniff of an assist or goal but with more than a few positional goal-giving cock-ups isn’t the strongest grounds to demand a manager’s dismissal IMHO. At least Mowbray didn’t spend £11 million on him... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it’s the people who can deal with such setbacks - which have happened since time immemorial - who get on in life.

Bennett isn’t much cop at RB, but I suspect the recent sanctification of Nyambe is as much to do with the Evans-Smallwood Mowbray-beating stick being rendered null and void as it is Ryan’s previously well-hidden likeness to Carlos Alberto.

Almost 100 first-team games without a sniff of an assist or goal but with more than a few positional goal-giving cock-ups isn’t the strongest grounds to demand a manager’s dismissal IMHO. At least Mowbray didn’t spend £11 million on him... 

I'm aware of what gets you on in life (sheer luck in the case of the other person in my example though). I don't want to go too much into my personal circumstances, but there are other issues at play in them. I'm over it, partly through knowing you need to just kick on, but I'm older. Nyambe is barely past being a kid. The manager simply hasn't given him a fair crack of the whip and looks unlikely to do so whatever Ryan does. Much like myself, it's time for the lad to move on somewhere his abilities will actually be appreciated. He's on a hiding to nothing here. He needs a move and to rebuild himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nyambe has gone backwards in the 12 months. 

We need a right back who is good at going forward and defending. Sadly Nyambe isnt that player. 

All the attributes and young enough to grow. Plenty of promise. Understandable dip given dropped unfairly for Bennett and slated by the manager unfairly when other culprits get off Scot free. 

Players less likely to succeed are pushed heavier as projects but then we didn't spend a ton of money on him so TMs self preservation means this won't be a focus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm aware of what gets you on in life (sheer luck in the case of the other person in my example though). I don't want to go too much into my personal circumstances, but there are other issues at play in them. I'm over it, partly through knowing you need to just kick on, but I'm older. Nyambe is barely past being a kid. The manager simply hasn't given him a fair crack of the whip and looks unlikely to do so whatever Ryan does. Much like myself, it's time for the lad to move on somewhere his abilities will actually be appreciated. He's on a hiding to nothing here. He needs a move and to rebuild himself.

He’s 22 in December and Mowbray must’ve picked him at least 50 times while he’s been in charge, which to me means he’s not a kid and he’s certainly had his chance. Clearly Mowbray doesn’t like what he is seeing, and I don’t much either.

If he was crap against oldham because Mowbray has hurt his feelings, I don’t hold out much hope for a successful career got him. I’d wager there’s barely a professional player sitting on the subs bench who doesn’t think he should be in the team ahead of someone.

Bennett being even worse doesn’t make Ryan good enough.

It’s not how often you get knocked down, it’s how quickly you get up.

Back to the game, I think who plays RB will make sod all difference compared to our non-functioning £14 million kids up front

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some crazy comments tonight about Nyambe and Mowbray draining his confidence. I don't buy that for one second. Nyambe should have been chomping at the bit to get his chance, but when he did get it he was poor against Oldham. Bennett was very good last week so I expect him to start tomorrow. 

Very good time to play boro tomorrow and im optimistic that we can get the 3 points and kick start our season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

Some crazy comments tonight about Nyambe and Mowbray draining his confidence. I don't buy that for one second. Nyambe should have been chomping at the bit to get his chance, but when he did get it he was poor against Oldham. Bennett was very good last week so I expect him to start tomorrow. 

Very good time to play boro tomorrow and im optimistic that we can get the 3 points and kick start our season. 

Totally agree

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Are u the guy I spoke to on a young lady's phone outside the pub a few weeks ago & told u about this forum? Your joining date seems to coincide with this. If so, welcome to the forum. If not, welcome to the forum anyway!

Yes pal i am indeed!!! So thanks to tell me about this group and for show me that season ticket hahaha.

COME ON YOU ROVERS 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 
 
 
1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it’s the people who can deal with such setbacks - which have happened since time immemorial - who get on in life.

Bennett isn’t much cop at RB, but I suspect the recent sanctification of Nyambe is as much to do with the Evans-Smallwood Mowbray-beating stick being rendered null and void as it is Ryan’s previously well-hidden likeness to Carlos Alberto.

Almost 100 first-team games without a sniff of an assist or goal but with more than a few positional goal-giving cock-ups isn’t the strongest grounds to demand a manager’s dismissal IMHO. At least Mowbray didn’t spend £11 million on him... 

Bennett has been involved in 2  "goal-giving cock-ups" already and we've only played 2 bloody games! It should have been 3 but Charlton fluffed their lines.

Bennett is simply not a decent RB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

Id expect cunningham to play tomorrow. The big question is will lenihan come straight back in or will he go with Tosin and Williams 

Mowbray said he would have to fight for the shirt. Not that that means anything.

I wonder how the water problem will pan out today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nyambe had a shocker on Tuesday so Bennett will understandably defo start. Both poor options though. I guess the question is when will JRC get a run out? Surely only a matter of time. I haven't really seen him play but it is worrying that he is also another converted midfielder. We really need solid defenders at full back.

We have zero actual right backs which is a really bad situation to be in. Come to think of it when was the last time we actually had a decent right back?

Edited by joey_big_nose
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 
 
 
Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Nyambe had a shocker on Tuesday so Bennett will understandably defo start. Both poor options though. I guess the question is when will JRC get a run out? Surely only a matter of time. I haven't really seen him play but it is worrying that he is also another converted midfielder. We really need solid defenders at full back.

That is really the underlying issue which Mowbray chose to ignore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

Bennett is far from the problem. If this team fails it will be down to the decision to sell Raya and replace him Walton and the decision to spend the summer budget on a forward we didn't really need and not buy a centre half. 

He's not as big a problem as Mulgrew was, but he's still a big problem imo. Can't head the ball, gets caught out of position frequently. He's played a big part in our leaky defence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • J*B unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.