BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

55 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Theres very little chance that Thompson and Butterworth could come into the United team and have an impact like Williams and Greenwood, its a gigantic assumption to suggest that any of our young players could.

How do we know until we try. Like with Rankin Costello. Rather we try our youth than anything. 

Our 23's team is a division higher at that level.

48 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Martin Boyle from Hibs being linked. My Hibs supporting mate says he is class. Goals and assists a plenty.

What type of player is he? 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How do we know until we try. Like with Rankin Costello. Rather we try our youth than anything. 

Our 23's team is a division higher at that level.

What type of player is he? 

Fast, direct and strong right winger. His wife plays for Hibs ladies so our ladies could try and get her too. ?

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Rich Sharpe has tweeted that nothing is happening, thinks there is something in the Northampton GK but not for this window.

Of course how much he actually knows is always up for debate.

Nothing imminent as of last night. He will know more after Mowbray press conference this afternoon. 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Exactly...

Clueless ✔️ 

Ruined a great club ✔️ 

Pissed the fans off ✔️

Embarassed us ✔️

Absent ✔️

etc....but

Unwilling to spend

Agree with that Paul but for somebody with their business scale and reach you would expect that they would want to ensure it is spent in the right areas rather than squandered recklessly by morons that they have entrusted to spend it . 
That’s the bit none of us can even begin to understand. And that catalogue of morons is a very lengthy list and way beyond simply being unlucky or being badly advised .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKitGuy said:

This is just silly. The pulling power United have over Rovers to get the youngsters is so much greater.. there's a good reason as to why the United u23's are a division below.. they loan out large majority of their youth.. 

Let me ask you, You're 10years old and Blackburn and Manchester United come calling.. you're 9 times out of 10 going to choose United. Hence why their youth sides produce better talent and that's why in recent years Man City have started producing talent. It's on a whole other level of recruitment. 

And I can tell you now Thompson and Butterworth would not hold their own in that United team no matter how poor people think the side is. 

Do they? Name some good young Manchester United players out on loan... Biggest load of crap ever. It's all a facade.

If that Williams lad can get into that United team and look good, Thompson would be just fine. Rovers Under 23's a division above United's and that Williams hasn't been playing anywhere but their youth team. What a completely uneducated response!

Rovers Under 23's are literally the fifth/sixth best youth team in the country. The whole ideology that has seemingly been incorporated into the fan base as well, that these young players aren't all that much is a load of crap. There's about five in that team that within a few years could be as big as Travis is now for us, if not bigger.

Just look at Derby with Jayden Bogle... they've got a top quality Academy. Since Travis (who was stumbled upon due to injuries) we've produced bot all from our academy, and the output is there - we're just not utilising it.

823054876_ScreenShot2020-01-30at10_13_59.png.c9f6e624b904b09d5046420bc634a3db.png

That was this season. 4-0. Can guarantee that the Spurs Academy will produce three or four England player by 2030, and we'll waste our talents and not give them first team chances... but clearly as shown by the countless times we beat teams like this - we have better young players than them.

1838693802_ScreenShot2020-01-30at10_16_28.png.6d086a664f9886f5d063d08b6de20a57.png

What makes their defence & goalkeeper any better than ours? Nothing at all. But you can guarantee "Brooklyn Lyons-Foster of Tottenham Hotspur will the next big thing in a few years and Lewis Thompson will still be sat in our 23's, or on the bench, or released.

Edited by JoeH

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Theres very little chance that Thompson and Butterworth could come into the United team and have an impact like Williams and Greenwood, its a gigantic assumption to suggest that any of our young players could.

No. No it's not. Manchester United Under 23's not a scratch on ours, shown by the fact we're a division above them. Their young players make it though, and ours don't.

That's an issue of management an  by the club & perception not the players abilities.

1 hour ago, Mr. E said:

Whoever found Holtby - promote them and have them search for more players like that across Europe. Cannot be impossible. If TM has given up on signing anyone local then take a risk and go abroad. 

Holtby was hardly a hidden gem, and basically everyone on here had heard of him.

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

The Venky model? They’ve spent around £10m on transfers in the last two seasons.  How well that money has been spent is a different issue.

If FFP is the big concern then I can fully understand why we’re being cautious. I’m sure you’ll be blaming them when we’re hit with a transfer embargo next season.

And why is FFP a big concern?

Because we waxed £12 Million on strikers that don’t score or get in the squad....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Do they? Name some good young Manchester United players out on loan... Biggest load of crap ever. It's all a facade.

If that Williams lad can get into that United team and look good, Thompson would be just fine. Rovers Under 23's a division above United's and that Williams hasn't been playing anywhere but their youth team. What a completely uneducated response!

Rovers Under 23's are literally the fifth/sixth best youth team in the country. The whole ideology that has seemingly been incorporated into the fan base as well, that these young players aren't all that much is a load of crap. There's about five in that team that within a few years could be as big as Travis is now for us, if not bigger.

Just look at Derby with Jayden Bogle... they've got a top quality Academy. Since Travis (who was stumbled upon due to injuries) we've produced bot all from our academy, and the output is there - we're just not utilising it.

823054876_ScreenShot2020-01-30at10_13_59.png.c9f6e624b904b09d5046420bc634a3db.png

That was this season. 4-0. Can guarantee that the Spurs Academy will produce three or four England player by 2030, and we'll waste our talents and not give them first team chances... but clearly as shown by the countless times we beat teams like this - we have better young players than them.

1838693802_ScreenShot2020-01-30at10_16_28.png.6d086a664f9886f5d063d08b6de20a57.png

What makes their defence & goalkeeper any better than ours? Nothing at all. But you can guarantee "Brooklyn Lyons-Foster of Tottenham Hotspur will the next big thing in a few years and Lewis Thompson will still be sat in our 23's, or on the bench, or released.

10 minutes ago, JoeH said:

No. No it's not. Manchester United Under 23's not a scratch on ours, shown by the fact we're a division above them. Their young players make it though, and ours don't.

That's an issue of management an  by the club & perception not the players abilities.

You have seen these individuals quite a bit so let me first concede that you know far mor about them individually. But I just think that you are judging a player based on his under 23 side rather than individually. Under 23 is not focused on results but even so, the fact that our team is above United doesnt mean that Butterworth is at least as good as Greenwood. To be fair Greenwood has been in the first team squad all season.

Buckley is a perfect example. Hes had a fair few appearances and he looks absolutely miles off Championship standard. And hes a stand out player. I also dont think its realistic 99 times out of 100 for many players to all break through at once. The majority of them Spurs players will also fail to make the grade. You do have to give players a chance but of course doing so doesnt mean that they will automatically be a success.

I would also say that there are certainly examples where our younger players could and should play more. For example, it makes no sense to play Gallagher out wide, something he can not do, when we have Rankin Costello and Chapman.

I would be very unenthused if we did make a signing that is an untested kid from a top team on loan unless its a special talent. Sadly we dont seem to have any money.

• Like 1

Vs backed TM after relegation and they let those who had a stake in it all run riot with the parachute money after Prem relegation.

Apart from that they've never ever bankrolled a promotion bid not looked/look like doing. More complete spin.

Under write the losses their cack handed running of the club has created yes, fund quality signings and a top manager no.

Without going over it I'd wager the net spend for fees alone in terms of incomings v outgoings is pretty close.

They don't like spending their own coin on players. We've already been told the outlay for the 'investment' gambles was to be covered by the Dack sale. Can't have it both ways.

Feels like the January window is becoming less impactful each year. not just for us, but for most teams.

Best January window?  2007 - Samba, Warnock, Dunn, Berner

Last 10 January Windows

2010 - Lingazi, Basturk

2011 - Rochina, Formica, Jones (loan), Santa Cruz (loan)

*2012 - Marcus Olsson, Orr, Modeste

*2013 - King, Kane (loan)

*2014 - Cairney, Gestede, Conway

*2015 - Steele, Spearing (loan)

*2016 -  Bennett, Jackson, Ward, Graham (loan), Watt

2017 - Joao (loan), Emnes (loan)

2018 - P Downing, Bell, Armstrong (loan), Payne (loan)

2019 - Chapman

* - Years where loans could be made until end of March

• Like 2

Just now, rog of the rovers said:

Feels like the January window is becoming less impactful each year. not just for us, but for most teams.

Best January window?  2007 - Samba, Warnock, Dunn, Berner

Last 10 January Windows

2010 - Lingazi, Basturk

2011 - Rochina, Formica, Jones (loan), Santa Cruz (loan)

*2012 - Marcus Olsson, Orr, Modeste

*2013 - King, Kane (loan)

*2014 - Cairney, Gestede, Conway

*2015 - Steele, Spearing (loan)

*2016 -  Bennett, Jackson, Ward, Graham (loan), Watt

2017 - Joao (loan), Emnes (loan)

2018 - P Downing, Bell, Armstrong (loan), Payne (loan)

2019 - Chapman

* - Years where loans could be made until end of March

2014 not too bad

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

You have seen these individuals quite a bit so let me first concede that you know far mor about them individually. But I just think that you are judging a player based on his under 23 side rather than individually. Under 23 is not focused on results but even so, the fact that our team is above United doesnt mean that Butterworth is at least as good as Greenwood. To be fair Greenwood has been in the first team squad all season.

Buckley is a perfect example. Hes had a fair few appearances and he looks absolutely miles off Championship standard. And hes a stand out player. I also dont think its realistic 99 times out of 100 for many players to all break through at once. The majority of them Spurs players will also fail to make the grade. You do have to give players a chance but of course doing so doesnt mean that they will automatically be a success.

I would also say that there are certainly examples where our younger players could and should play more. For example, it makes no sense to play Gallagher out wide, something he can not do, when we have Rankin-Costello and Chapman.

I would be very unenthused if we did make a signing that is an untested kid from a top team on loan unless its a special talent. Sadly we dont seem to have any money.

1. I agree, Butterworth isn't better than Greenwood, there's isolated examples of course, but on the whole Blackburn have a top academy, evidently better than United's right now, but you can guarantee they'll have five or six England players in a few decades, and we won't.

2. He's a great example of a youth player not suited to this league, and yes I'd agree, he's not the type we should be after or discussing as good enough for us.

3. I bet you a lot of money that those Spurs players do better than those Rovers players. It's all a perception, even the PL website has images on those Spurs players and not for the Rovers lot. We beat them 4-0, and we're presented on that website as inferior to them. Perception.

4. Yeah, that's where I'm coming from really, I agree wholeheartedly. We seem to sign the likes of Samuelson and Barrow over the years instead of promoting from within. We spend £3m a year on maintaining this academy and we're not getting enough out of it.

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

1. I agree, Butterworth isn't better than Greenwood, there's isolated examples of course, but on the whole Blackburn have a top academy, evidently better than United's right now, but you can guarantee they'll have five or six England players in a few decades, and we won't.

2. He's a great example of a youth player not suited to this league, and yes I'd agree, he's not the type we should be after or discussing as good enough for us.

3. I bet you a lot of money that those Spurs players do better than those Rovers players. It's all a perception, even the PL website has images on those Spurs players and not for the Rovers lot. We beat them 4-0, and we're presented on that website as inferior to them. Perception.

4. Yeah, that's where I'm coming from really, I agree wholeheartedly. We seem to sign the likes of Samuelson and Barrow over the years instead of promoting from within. We spend £3m a year on maintaining this academy and we're not getting enough out of it.

Are we not though? Nyambe, Lenihan, Travis, Buckley and JRC all played this year. I think that's decent 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Are we not though? Nyambe, Lenihan, Travis, Buckley and JRC all played this year. I think that's decent 

Only two of those have come through this year, and both have started one game between them. Does Lenihan count as ours? Didn't he come from elsewhere at a younger age?

Edited by JoeH