BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

On 10/03/2024 at 23:03, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, his knee was bad. Same again, no medical. Britt was signed before Gilliver but they were at the club briefly at the same  time. He was a youth team world beater at West Ham before the injury. Scored a hat trick playing directly against Liverpool’s Tommy Smith in the youth cup final. He could only jump off one leg after the injury !

Not surprised after playing against Tommy 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

buzzing time to be a rovers fan then,we were beating everybody and went top of the table,only for the wheels to fall off after christmas😩

Was a great season for a while - particularly remember the Wolves and Carlisle away games pre-Xmas. Last game of season hoping City would slip up only for them to win 5-1

18 hours ago, Gav said:

Great picture of Oldham fans in Darwen End mid 80’s.IMG_2472.thumb.png.351dd9942610fb27b31d726fbd240876.png

We had some great rivalries in the early/mid 80s that you wouldn’t necessarily expect. Oldham, Portsmouth and Oxford immediately spring to mind. 

6 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

We had some great rivalries in the early/mid 80s that you wouldn’t necessarily expect. Oldham, Portsmouth and Oxford immediately spring to mind. 

Oldham was my first  away game. Our coaches arrived early and we got on their bouncy end. My fuzzy memory seems to recall Tony Parkes scoring for us.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

portsmouth were a right bunch of dirty barstools at that time

That 1984 game on YouTube where Jim Branagan gets his shorts ripped off and Killer twats Noel Blake is brutal and a different game than what is played these days. 

This just came up on my YouTube. I had not seen it before or, quite probably these days, forgotten.

A chance to see Shearer's and Sutton's first goals for Rovers plus more....

To pre empt any living in 1995 slurs my answer is FO

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

This just came up on my YouTube. I had not seen it before or, quite probably these days, forgotten.

A chance to see Shearer's and Sutton's first goals for Rovers plus more....

To pre empt any living in 1995 slurs my answer is FO

The best thing about it is that we took on the big boys at their own game and beat them.

That will never be repeated by anyone.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i was there that day,absolute hoot seeing thick dingles throwing bits of the roof on their own fans😂

Me too and still convinced I saw a Dingle fall through a hole they made in the roof. I was up in the Nuttall St stand and had a good view of all that happened.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1