2 hours ago, Stonesrick said:

And we couldn’t use the excuse, we played a weakened team in the cup. 😄

IMG_4401.jpeg

IMG_4406.jpeg

IMG_4402.jpeg

IMG_4403.jpeg

IMG_4404.jpeg

IMG_4405.jpeg

Possibly the lowest point in my Rovers watching career. I really thought we were going to win the Cup that season. West Ham v  Second Division Preston in the final, we could have beaten both of them.
I think Preston beat Oxford in the next round 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Possibly the lowest point in my Rovers watching career. I really thought we were going to win the Cup that season. West Ham v  Second Division Preston in the final, we could have beaten both of them.
I think Preston beat Oxford in the next round 

I wasn't even alive then and I'm pissed off about this game.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Gav said:

22yrs ago today by all accounts, the bastards can’t take away our memories. 

IMG_2250.thumb.png.527c5d135960f21ec2b286769f027be9.png

Thanks Gav in the nicest possible way for pointing out that I was 52 when I went to Cardiff for the final, and now I’m 74. Doesn’t time fly. All so wonderful memories before those bloody Injuns arrived. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

Thanks Gav in the nicest possible way for pointing out that I was 52 when I went to Cardiff for the final, and now I’m 74. Doesn’t time fly. All so wonderful memories before those bloody Injuns arrived. 

All those years supporting the club Ian during those lean times. We could never have imagined what would happen to us during those glorious 20yrs. 

Those rats can’t take that away 👍

• Like 4

4 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

no-el,no-el,no-el,no-el 

he is the king of ewood park

Always seemed to play well on an icy pitch. Have a memory of playing at Forest in the snow when Noel was unstoppable. Probably not as great as I remember as so long ago!

5 hours ago, oneandycrawford said:

Always seemed to play well on an icy pitch. Have a memory of playing at Forest in the snow when Noel was unstoppable. Probably not as great as I remember as so long ago!

Was that the cup game at Forest on the Saturday? We won the replay at Ewood mid 80’s?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Wasn’t that the game were a Luton player went right over Glen Keeley’s shoulder and came down onto the frozen ground head first ? The only time I’ve thought a player might have been killed at a football match.

He had an Italian sounding name I think - Lou Fuccillo or something like that. Jimmy Hill began his dislike of Rovers that day I think.

2 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He had an Italian sounding name I think - Lou Fuccillo or something like that. Jimmy Hill began his dislike of Rovers that day I think.

Fuck off Jimmy Hill and take your massive fucking chin with you. Twat.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gav said:

Was that the cup game at Forest on the Saturday? We won the replay at Ewood mid 80’s?

That'll be the one. I missed the replay as was on a coach heading to Europe for a field trip from Uni. Managed to hear the score on a radio and woke up the coach with a very loud broad Lancastrian 'fucking hell'!

On 04/03/2024 at 07:36, oldjamfan1 said:

Lil.

You're maybe getting yourself mixed up with the geezer who played the hulk. Ferrero Rocher.

• Like 2

On 03/03/2024 at 21:25, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Wasn’t that the game were a Luton player went right over Glen Keeley’s shoulder and came down onto the frozen ground head first ? The only time I’ve thought a player might have been killed at a football match.

I am almost sure that Fucillo was not out for long. Recently, someone assured me he played the following game?

8 hours ago, den said:

Watching Huddersfield vs West Brom on telly and every time I think of Huddersfield I think of this guy.

Allan Gilliver signing for Jack Marshall in 1966.

IMG_0278.jpeg

He came with a back injury. Teams didn’t do medicals then. We ended up taking Hudds to a tribunal and getting some of the dosh back. The guy who treated me for disc problems also treated Gilliver and he told me he recommended him for a disc fusion which I believe he had. He went to see my guy un-officially because he didn’t rate the club staff. It was a shame because at Hudds he looked the real deal. A big, strong, hard running striker. Like Gally only he could play.

36 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He came with a back injury. Teams didn’t do medicals then. We ended up taking Hudds to a tribunal and getting some of the dosh back. The guy who treated me for disc problems also treated Gilliver and he told me he recommended him for a disc fusion which I believe he had. He went to see my guy un-officially because he didn’t rate the club staff. It was a shame because at Hudds he looked the real deal. A big, strong, hard running striker. Like Gally only he could play.

We signed another crock around that time - Martin Britt from West Ham for £25,000 a lot of money then. His cruciate had gone IIRC

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

We signed another crock around that time - Martin Britt from West Ham for £25,000 a lot of money then. His cruciate had gone IIRC

Yeah, his knee was bad. Same again, no medical. Britt was signed before Gilliver but they were at the club briefly at the same  time. He was a youth team world beater at West Ham before the injury. Scored a hat trick playing directly against Liverpool’s Tommy Smith in the youth cup final. He could only jump off one leg after the injury !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

On 04/03/2024 at 07:36, oldjamfan1 said:

Wasn't his first name Paul or am I mixing him up with someone else.

22 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, his knee was bad. Same again, no medical. Britt was signed before Gilliver but they were at the club briefly at the same  time. He was a youth team world beater at West Ham before the injury. Scored a hat trick playing directly against Liverpool’s Tommy Smith in the youth cup final. He could only jump off one leg after the injury !

did`nt rovers take west ham to court and get some money back,the resulting court case brought in compulsary medicals,or so i have read