BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

34 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don’t know which one was worse Peacock or Dailly.

When we had money, we didn’t half waste it at times. 

Peacock was worse, at least Dailly was considered a prospect, Peacock was in a Newcastle team that usually had to score 4 to win? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

When we had money, we didn’t half waste it at times. 

Peacock was worse, at least Dailly was considered a prospect, Peacock was in a Newcastle team that usually had to score 4 to win? 

Peacock was a free transfer wasn’t he? (Still overpriced mind 😄)

• Like 3

I remember Dailly playing in a game against QPR I think at the tail end of Kiddo’s reign. We were losing 1-0 with about 5 minute to go. They knocked a long ball out onto the wing in our half. Dailly set off after it with a QPR forward just behind him. The pitch was greasy and it wasn’t a place for fancy football. The ball had go out for a throw in, it’s a pisser,  but that’s the only thing you can do.

Instead of that Dailly tried to turn with the ball, lost it, their forward got possession, squared it to an un-marked player, 2-0 , thanks for coming. 

Amateur level football.

The crowd booed Rovers off and I said to my son “ Don’t worry, Kiddo will be gone after this “. And he was.

9 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Was that the Liverpool game we lost 3-0/3-1 and they had rigobert song playing. I mean seriously WTAF was he trying to do 😅

Yeah, it was that game. We lost 3-1. Brad was in goal for Liverpool that day. That first howler from Peacock gets worse with each viewing. Imagine him trying to play JDT ball 😂.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Over £20 million pissed up the wall on Dailly, Blake, Davies and Ward.

We really did throwaway our position at the top table post ‘95 remarkably quick.

That was mainly due to the ridiculous decision not to strengthen after we won the league.

Also when Kenny resigned he should have been replaced with another top manager.

Absolutely unbelievable that happened. We've got a lot to thank Jack Walker for but he was also the cause of our demise.

9 hours ago, Upside Down said:

That was mainly due to the ridiculous decision not to strengthen after we won the league.

Also when Kenny resigned he should have been replaced with another top manager.

Absolutely unbelievable that happened. We've got a lot to thank Jack Walker for but he was also the cause of our demise.

To a lesser degree that is what happened in the Summer as we didn't build on what we had. We'd had our best season for a decade, did really well in both cups and the sensible fans felt we could really kick on under Tomasson. A couple of good signings would have done it for me. Then the errant ones, once again pull the rug from underneath us and destabilise the whole club by slashing budgets and once again we have to scratch around for the scraps others don't want.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

To a lesser degree that is what happened in the Summer as we didn't build on what we had. We'd had our best season for a decade, did really well in both cups and the sensible fans felt we could really kick on under Tomasson. A couple of good signings would have done it for me. Then the errant ones, once again pull the rug from underneath us and destabilise the whole club by slashing budgets and once again we have to scratch around for the scraps others don't want.

That’s why we’ll never thrive under their ownership. The sooner they’re gone the better.

• Like 4

On 27/01/2024 at 16:50, Mattyblue said:

Over £20 million pissed up the wall on Dailly, Blake, Davies and Ward.

We really did throwaway our position at the top table post ‘95 remarkably quick.

Graham Fenton was another who came in and didn't do anything. 

22 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Graham Fenton was another who came in and didn't do anything. 

Those two goals against Newcastle were nice though!

Plus he wasn't a big money signing in the vain of a Ward or a Blake.

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Those two goals against Newcastle were nice though!

Plus he wasn't a big money signing in the vain of a Ward or a Blake.

That was the biggest highlight of his career. He wasn't expensive, only £1.5m, but still an odd signing. 

His Wikipedia shows an unremarkable career; Graham Fenton - Wikipedia

I had forgotten that David Batty scored for them that day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

That was the biggest highlight of his career. He wasn't expensive, only £1.5m, but still an odd signing. 

His Wikipedia shows an unremarkable career; Graham Fenton - Wikipedia

I had forgotten that David Batty scored for them that day.

Having seen the women swarming round him in Peppermint Place I imagine he had some other highlights too.

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Made me emotional watching that. Not just the Tony Parkes update, but it really shines a light on how important this club is to the town and generations who've followed us and the Community Trust do a great job.

It's heartbreaking what the parasites that have hollowed us out over the last decade have done.

The Tony Parkes Riverside Stand would be such an easy tribute. Suppose Waggott is still looking into it, gazing into that black hole.

At some point sadly it's going to be too late.

• Like 7