BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

Saw this on the Rovers website earlier. Quite a good quiz especially as you've only got 10 mins to complete. 

I got 15/23 - beware, one of the correct answers will not enter for some reason, so strictly speaking my score showed as 14. I've been back on and one of the correct answers will definitely not work for some reason, so I'm claiming 15.

Disappointed I didn't get at least 3 more but there are probably one or two in there that people have forgotten about - one of them I even saw live & didn't get it!! 🤦‍♂️

Anyway, a bit of fun for 10 mins if anyone fancies it:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/january/09/quiz--hat-trick-heroes-/

On 30/12/2023 at 18:06, Gav said:

27th December 1982, I can hear the voice now.....

*Dull voice* Burnley 0 *Higher pitched* Blackburn Rovers 1

IMG_1831.thumb.png.da57c87467cfc5b699ac9a7f6d8f6e46.png

That was a game / day out. Was in the cricket field stand behind the goal as the away end was full. As Garner scored a lot of jumping up, row behind me was a rovers fan who got attacked before police intervened. They could not reach me and my brother

Coach from Waterside I was meant to be on got put in the bee hive end as away end full, fighting erupted and they were marched around the pitch to the away end fighting anyone on the front row of the Bob Lord on the journey

Crazy to think police put you in home stands if away stands full...1977 did not go as too young but my brothers went , I think we were 3 nil up at HT, brother had his scarf nicked outside the ground, sensibly did not chase the guy who took it

Edited by berkshireblue
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

my favourite duffer goal,we got hauled in front of the commitee of the working mans club we used to go in for over celebration😃

I remember that game well. It was an absolutely massive game for that season. When we won you just knew that promotion was all but guaranteed afterwards.

• Like 5

We’d just been to Arsenal in the cup quarter final, pretty much filled the Clock End, then took a load to this game midweek. A real buzz around the club.

Superb performance and we were on the charge by then. Great side. Like the ‘92 team. Compare and contrast to this ragtag bunch.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I remember that game well. It was an absolutely massive game for that season. When we won you just knew that promotion was all but guaranteed afterwards.

it broke birmingham mentally,they only just scraped into the play offs where they lost to preston

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

my favourite duffer goal,we got hauled in front of the commitee of the working mans club we used to go in for over celebration😃

I woz there. Made the mistake of sitting near some Birmingham fans and nearly got lynched when I celebrated that goal. Brilliant team, would walk this division now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

We’d just been to Arsenal in the cup quarter final, pretty much filled the Clock End, then took a load to this game midweek. A real buzz around the club.

Superb performance and we were on the charge by then. Great side. Like the ‘92 team. Compare and contrast to this ragtag bunch.

Real excitement in the air back then. I can remember feeling that buzz ahead of most games. Some special away performances/results that season. Dingles, Watford, Bolton, Birmingham, Grimsby, Nobbers.

A particular favourite of mine was at Pride Park in the FA Cup. Drawn to face Premier League Derby and we go and smash 5 past them! What a squad and time that was.

A lot of it comes down to intent. Back then, there was a clear intent from the top. We want promotion. Everybody was on board with it and the manager was backed to that end. The players wanted to do it for Uncle Jack too.

Today? Only one man in the building has shown the right intent and he won't be hanging around for long.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, berkshireblue said:

That was a game / day out. Was in the cricket field stand behind the goal as the away end was full. As Garner scored a lot of jumping up, row behind me was a rovers fan who got attacked before police intervened. They could not reach me and my brother

Coach from Waterside I was meant to be on got put in the bee hive end as away end full, fighting erupted and they were marched around the pitch to the away end fighting anyone on the front row of the Bob Lord on the journey

Crazy to think police put you in home stands if away stands full...1977 did not go as too young but my brothers went , I think we were 3 nil up at HT, brother had his scarf nicked outside the ground, sensibly did not chase the guy who took it

I was at that game as a 16 year old. We were in the away end of the Longside and that got closed at around 2pm ish. 

Mayhem that day in the cricket field stand but more so in the Bee Hole end. My overriding memory was policeman's helmets being thrown in the air. It wasn't a pleasant experience leaving the ground either. The guy driving our Capri decided rather stupidly to drive up past the fire station, down Ormerod Rd and under the culvert, right back outside Turd. We were of course accosted by irate Burnley numpties. 

Should have turned right after the fire station and over to cliviger as we were from rossendale. 

Great win though. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What a save from Gennoe. Anybody see the two current Rovers keepers keeping that shot out ?

leo would have been rooted to his line watching it sail over his head

amazing how direct,quick feet to feet football can put a defence out of it`s comfort zone

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

leo would have been rooted to his line watching it sail over his head

amazing how direct,quick feet to feet football can put a defence out of it`s comfort zone

Balls into the channels and a couple of willing runners.  Simple stuff but hard to play against.

• Like 2