BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Ours was supposed to be an Ipswich Town replica.

In that clip we were in red.

Ignore that Tyrone. I understand what you mean now. I must be getting old.

Edited by bazza
  • Like 1

IMG_4002.jpeg.2d714022a9e14baaa09e6584082b0351.jpegTalking about shirts with different sleeves like Ipswich, there must be some on here who remember Leeds with yellow shirts and blue sleeves. I think it was Revie who changed it to all white so they looked like Real Madrid. 
Dream on Don, they were nothing like Real Madrid. 

Edited by Ianrally
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

IMG_4002.jpeg.2d714022a9e14baaa09e6584082b0351.jpegTalking about shirts with different sleeves like Ipswich, there must be some on here who remember Leeds with yellow shirts and blue sleeves. I think it was Revie who changed it to all white so they looked like Real Madrid. 

Oh I don’t know. They were pretty good in the 1960’s/70’s.

21 hours ago, alcd said:

That was the match that Don Martin broke his ankle and was out for the season. A major factor in getting relegated. 

"Come on without, come out within,

You'll not see nothing like Don Martin"

One my first Rovers songs I can remember.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ianrally said:

They were better. The Leeds team of the 1960-70s was one of the best this country has produced. I loved watching them

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

They were better. The Leeds team of the 1960-70s was one of the best this country has produced. I loved watching them

I beg to differ . Real have won the European Cup/Champions League a total of 14 times, including 5 on the trot in the 50’s. Leeds on the other hand have been runners up once. 

13 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I thought the Man City team of the late sixties, early seventies, where better than Leeds. Certainly in my eyes, better to watch. 

The Leeds team being referred to had everything. All brilliant on the ball and all nasty horrible bastards when they needed to be as well. I remember a passing sequence from MoTD in the early/mid 70s (possibly against Southampton) that seemed to last for about ten minutes. Awesome team that should have won much more than it did.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2023 at 20:42, bazza said:

Blue shirts with white sleeves was Cardiff City in those days. May also have been Ipswich Town.

I wish I could show this clip to Eamonn's son. He'd love it. How can I save it for posterity?

PM me an email address that I can send it to…😉

11 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Watch these compilations and just look at how many goals come from crosses or having a crack when given the opportunity.

Not much of the bullshit tippy tappy bollocks there.

Yeah, but that was in a time before you got points for possession. Oh wait a minute...........

• Like 1