BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

Great goals. If allowed 12, Shearer's swivel and strike at Liverpool which Jan Molby described on 5Live as "fuck me" and Le Saux's screamer for the 7th against Forest but there were so many fantastic goals.

No place in there for strikes by Sutton, Santa Cruz, Cole or Macarthy either...

• Like 1

Anybody remember this fella' playing up front with Stevie Kindon for t'clarettes?!

"It's hard to smile when you're 3-0 down

The Rovers giving you the run around

It's hard enough when We're away 

But not at Burnley on a  Boxing Day"!

-Where were you on 26th December 1977? Longside, Bee-Hole End, Cricket Field Stand or Bob Lord Stand?

What a bloody good day that was, if not a bit of a nail biter towards the end!

"Rovers here, Rovers there, Rovers every f*cking where, na, na, nana, nana, na, nah!!!!"

IMG_0445.JPG

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 2

DR, I was there. Got there late and they put us behind the goal.

A flyer was handed out at the next home game with the song lyrics (I've still got the flyer somewhere)

Sung to the Tune of 'The Floral Dance' (I kid you not)

'I thought I heard the curious tone 

of the Burnley fans as they start to moan.

Hard to smile when you're three goals down

Rovers giving you the run around.

Sometimes It's hard to win away

but not at Burnley on a Boxing Day.

Merry Xmas All

• Like 4

7 hours ago, philipl said:

Great goals. If allowed 12, Shearer's swivel and strike at Liverpool which Jan Molby described on 5Live as "fuck me" and Le Saux's screamer for the 7th against Forest but there were so many fantastic goals.

No place in there for strikes by Sutton, Santa Cruz, Cole or Macarthy either...

I was right in line with that goal at the Anfield Road end and I agree, it was an unbelievably sweet strike on the turn, right in the postage stamp.

Of all the thunderbolts in that top ten, my favourite of that crop was the Bellamy goal at Portsmouth. Very few players could have scored that goal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iacok said:

DR, I was there. Got there late and they put us behind the goal.

A flyer was handed out at the next home game with the song lyrics (I've still got the flyer somewhere)

Sung to the Tune of 'The Floral Dance' (I kid you not)

'I thought I heard the curious tone 

of the Burnley fans as they start to moan.

Hard to smile when you're three goals down

Rovers giving you the run around.

Sometimes It's hard to win away

but not at Burnley on a Boxing Day.

Merry Xmas All

Memories not what it was regarding the lyrics but you got my drift!

I was one of the 'lucky few' jammed into the Longside: couldn't move to dodge the flying pints, darts and even excrement in a beer glass that were hurled back and forth over the fence! Same fence that Celtic fans ripped up a few years later and hurled it at the fleeing Dingles running into The Bee-Hole End!

Great days, if not a little scary at times, hard to believe that day was 43 years ago! If only Keith Fear and notched with the penalty just after half time, it could have been a rout.

Young 'uns these days haven't a clue what it was like back then; utter carnage on occasions. 

Edited by darrenrover

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Of all the thunderbolts in that top ten, my favourite of that crop was the Bellamy goal at Portsmouth. Very few players could have scored that goal. 

I think so too oldjamfan. It never at any point looked like he could possibly score, until he did. Absolutely brilliant.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Memories not what it was regarding the lyrics but you got my drift!

I was one of the 'lucky few' jammed into the Longside: couldn't move to dodge the flying pints, darts and even excrement in a beer glass that were hurled back and forth over the fence! Same fence that Celtic fans ripped up a few years later and hurled it at the fleeing Dingles running into The Bee-Hole End!

Great days, if not a little scary at times, hard to believe that day was 33 years ago! If only Keith Fear and notched with the penalty just after half time, it could have been a rout.

Young 'uns these days haven't a clue what it was like back then; utter carnage on occasions. 

Think it's more like 43 years ago mate 😉

• Like 2

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

Think it's more like 43 years ago mate 😉

Feck me, that's embarrassing! in mitigation, it was early in the day, I was up and about at 4.30am and posted that over a brew before I got cracking for the day.

Cheers OJF, all the best to you and yours.

• Like 2