BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

In the first place it is not the same squad as last season. 

In the second, even a couple of days away is a change of scenery and beneficial

In the third place, the first week back for players has been spent away at training camp for as long as I can remember under Venkys.

When did I mention Scotland? We play our first pre-season game away at Fleetwood. We don't even have to leave Lancashire to go on a training camp.Players do kind of expect it.

Yes when the players are on holiday for 7 weeks not 3 weeks?

They will be training everyday.

It might not be the same squad but we have no new faces added to it , I thought that point would have been obvious.

My point is we have a whole list of things that need sorting before the season starts, just find it a bit pathetic people are moaning the players haven't been taken away for a few days when they have only had 3 week off,we ain't going to be doing the same intensive fitness work that we usually would in a pre season

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

And plenty of other teams haven't gone to a training camp.

Not going on a 3 day jolly up isn't going to determine how we do this season.

The players have had 3 week off not 7 week like usual and our first pre season match is on Saturday.

Everything a team does and doesn’t do determines how they will do this season.

I’m less worried (but still worried) about our pre-season warm up schedule than I am about our threadbare squad.

Team spirit is going to be vital this season - particularly as it’s very likely to be at the wrong end of the table. The loss of Graham and the dynamic he and Dack add to the set up needs to be replaced. If Arma goes I can see optimism being very low going into September.

A goalkeeper needs to be signed this week so that we can start thinking about other weaknesses in the first XI, never mind the squad. The idea that we can just throw Fisher in for friendlies and see how he gets on is a recipe for disaster. There should have been some succession planning in this area. If our reserve options weren’t close then Raya should never have been allowed to leave. If it was about the cash it should have been Dack.

Just now, islander200 said:

Yes when the players are on holiday for 7 weeks not 3 weeks?

They will be training everyday.

It might not be the same squad but we have no new faces added to it , I thought that point would have been obvious.

My point is we have a whole list of things that need sorting before the season starts, just find it a bit pathetic people are moaning the players haven't been taken away for a few days when they have only had 3 week off,we ain't going to be doing the same intensive fitness work that we usually would in a pre season

Of course there are new faces. Players from the U23s who haven't been involved before. Players who've returned from season long loans. Players need to get used to routine away from distractions of home.

Players who are returning don't need anything sorted. How do you know what pre-season fitness work is needed? Team won't know until they're assessed - at training camp.

Of course there are new faces. Players from the U23s who haven't been involved before. Players who've returned from season long loans. Players need to get used to routine away from distractions of home.

Players who are returning don't need anything sorted. How do you know what pre-season fitness work is needed? Team won't know until they're assessed - at training camp.

And we are going to build a great team spirit by spending a few days away together?The players won't need the same level of fitness work as like I said they have been off 3 weeks not 7 weeks.Plenty of other clubs ain't going on training camps this season.

Look mate if you want to believe not going on a training camp is going to have a detrimental effect on our season then fair enough it your opinion and your entitled to it.

Just think that opinion is nonsense personally.

Just now, islander200 said:

And we are going to build a great team spirit by spending a few days away together?The players won't need the same level of fitness work as like I said they have been off 3 weeks not 7 weeks.Plenty of other clubs ain't going on training camps this season.

Look mate if you want to believe not going on a training camp is going to have a detrimental effect on our season then fair enough it your opinion and your entitled to it.

Just think that opinion is nonsense personally.

It's why companies do team bonding exercises away from regular workhaunts. It does build team spirit.I don't particularly care what other teams are or are not doing, because what matters is what Blackburn Rovers aren't doing. Changing the start to a pre-season is a disruption to routine and that does have an impact. Just as people won't know what fitness work is required,until that is assessed.It doesn't matter that its 'only' 3 weeks and not 7.

You and others are saying that everything is hunky dory. It's exactly what 'supporters' of companies say, right before said company goes belly up.

• Like 2

It's why companies do team bonding exercises away from regular workhaunts. It does build team spirit.I don't particularly care what other teams are or are not doing, because what matters is what Blackburn Rovers aren't doing. Changing the start to a pre-season is a disruption to routine and that does have an impact. Just as people won't know what fitness work is required,until that is assessed.It doesn't matter that its 'only' 3 weeks and not 7.

You and others are saying that everything is hunky dory. It's exactly what 'supporters' of companies say, right before said company goes belly up.

How on earth am I saying everything is hunky dory?

In my first post on this topic I listed a raft of things that need sorting out.

And as for your previous posts what under 23 players will be stepping up that haven't been in and around the first team already?As the ones who been in the manager's thoughts will have been training with the first team anyway.

And pre season has changed wether you like it or not...having 7 week off compared to 3 is a big difference

If you are going to quote my posts that's absolutely fine but don't start making shit up, like saying I said everything was hunky dory

Edited by islander200

33 minutes ago, islander200 said:

And plenty of other teams haven't gone to a training camp.

Not going on a 3 day jolly up isn't going to determine how we do this season.

The players have had 3 week off not 7 week like usual and our first pre season match is on Saturday.

When saving money is the priority over the best possible preparations for the new season then we aren't going anywhere fast.

Poor quality friendlies and lack of training camps commonplace here.

Barnsley are staying at St George's Park for the week treating that as a pre season camp. How/why can they do that and we don't? 

We've bigger things to worry about at the moment admittedly but its another example.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have my opinions knew on season tickets sales as I don't see the point at all in putting them on sale unless we know the government guidelines on the amount of fans going to be allow in. If a club has sold 80% of the capacity as Season Ticket holders but only allow 10 or 20% allowed to attend, how are clubs going to decide who gets to go or not? 

I'm sure the kit and sponsor will be announce in the next couple of weeks. Would I like the shirts on sale? Yes I would as I want to buy one and my step daughter has asked for me already. 

We will get a new number 1 keeper, centre back and left back before the start of season. A number of clubs are after a new number 1 keeper whether its us, Birmingham, Derby, Rotherham 

We're not just after a No1 goalkeeper matey we're after a No1 and a No2. How many other clubs have no senior goalkeepers ?

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, pick32 said:

No point wasting money on a training camp in Scotland when we have better facilities than all the pub league teams. The point of Portugal is high intensity training in the heat you won’t find that in Scotland or Ireland 

No point wasting money.

That philosophy can be applied to virtually every facet of the club.

No point wasting money on new contracts. No point wasting money on training camps. No point wasting money on improvements to facilities. No point wasting money on permanent signings when we can do loans. No point signing a new keeper when we can promote from within.

Good for the bean counters.

Won't get us promoted to the riches of the Premier league though.

Just now, JHRover said:

No point wasting money.

That philosophy can be applied to virtually every facet of the club.

No point wasting money on new contracts. No point wasting money on training camps. No point wasting money on improvements to facilities. No point wasting money on permanent signings when we can do loans. No point signing a new keeper when we can promote from within.

Good for the bean counters.

Won't get us promoted to the riches of the Premier league though.

The training camps are beneficial if going abroad and if trying to integrate a few signings into the squad, giving time to get to know each other etc.

But in my opinion we have top class facilities at Brockhall, Barnsley don't have the facilities we have, the players have had only 3 weeks off, we have no new signings to integrate into the squad.

We need new players and the manager's full concentration should be on that now,not going away for a few days

• Like 1

7 hours ago, markhayhurst said:

What is the proposed return to action date for Dack??

Dack said a few months ago that he is a couple or months ahead of schedule and hopes to be in the squad for the first game of the season.

Does anyone know if he trained with the team today or is he still training on his own with a coach? 

23 minutes ago, islander200 said:

How on earth am I saying everything is hunky dory?

In my first post on this topic I listed a raft of things that need sorting out.

And as for your previous posts what under 23 players will be stepping up that haven't been in and around the first team already?As the ones who been in the manager's thoughts will have been training with the first team anyway.

And pre season has changed wether you like it or not...having 7 week off compared to 3 is a big difference

If you are going to quote my posts that's absolutely fine but don't start making shit up, like saying I said everything was hunky dory

You said that we don't need a training camp because the players have only been off for three weeks. You're implying that they will have maintained fitness levels. That is saying everything is hunky dory. I'm not making anything up.

There is no guarantee that fitness levels will have been maintained. In the modern game fitness is everything. Each season raises that fitness bar. A team can play really well for 80 minutes, become tired and the other team proceeds to win the game, because they can outlast you.

I've already disagreed with you.Returning players do not need things sorted. I've said players coming up from the U23s and players coming back from being out on loan need to be properly integrated into the team. That seems so self-evident that I wonder why I have to repeat myself.

After the prolonged break necessitated by the corona virus shutdown,it looked as though our players needed more work on fitness, not less, from the game reports I read.

I'll agree with you in that adopting a new fitness regime over a 7 week off-season means you'll be further into it than in a 3 week off-season.Was that the big difference you were think of?

You said that we don't need a training camp because the players have only been off for three weeks. You're implying that they will have maintained fitness levels. That is saying everything is hunky dory. I'm not making anything up.

There is no guarantee that fitness levels will have been maintained. In the modern game fitness is everything. Each season raises that fitness bar. A team can play really well for 80 minutes, become tired and the other team proceeds to win the game, because they can outlast you.

I've already disagreed with you.Returning players do not need things sorted. I've said players coming up from the U23s and players coming back from being out on loan need to be properly integrated into the team. That seems so self-evident that I wonder why I have to repeat myself.

After the prolonged break necessitated by the corona virus shutdown,it looked as though our players needed more work on fitness, not less, from the game reports I read.

I'll agree with you in that adopting a new fitness regime over a 7 week off-season means you'll be further into it than in a 3 week off-season.Was that the big difference you were think of?

And iv disagreed with you.

A 3 or 4 day training camp somewhere in Lancashire will not make or break or season.

Recruitment will define what we do this season, not a couple of days away having a few beers together in the evening.

We have top class facilities at Brockhall players can work on their fitness at our training ground.

We have a long list of priorities to be sorted out before the new season so again I will say I think it's nonsense to get worked up over us not having a get away together.

That is the last I'm saying on this topic