BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

31 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Another thing that bugs me about our so called transfer "policy" is that there seems to be no element of planning whatsoever.

Very true. Look at the GK situation. We knew at the start of last season that we would need at least one new GK to start this season - probably two.

More than 12 months later here we are scrabbling about in the bargin bins because we didn't prepare for a situation we knew was coming.

It gets me down.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ah ,you just pick the season where he scored the least. When you looked at his career history, I'm sure you saw the seasons where he scored more, many more. 

So ya, wind ya neck in and admit when you're wrong

"He doesn't score goals" ya, except when he does. 

Okay, we'll go to the season before there, where guess what? 

He scored 2. 

Granted I thought he scored 5 goals this season.

2 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Very true. Look at the GK situation. We knew at the start of last season that we would need at least one new GK to start this season - probably two.

More than 12 months later here we are scrabbling about in the bargin bins because we didn't prepare for a situation we knew was coming.

It gets me down.

Our whole scattergun approach to recruitment gets me down. We're no nearer to having a consistently coherent way of playing now than we were 3 years ago. We don't  ever seem to know our best team for more than a couple of games. I find it really difficult to believe that an experienced professional management team could have got things so badly wrong for so long.

• Like 4

Our starting eleven with current players available:

FISHER 

NYAMBE LENIHAN CARTER RANKIN-COSTELLO

EVANS, TRAVIS, HOLTBY

DACK, ARMSTRONG

GALLAGHER or BRERETON

Most important is a new goalkeeper and a left back and a center half. Then a creative midfielder and maybe a striker. 

Just now, neophox said:

Our starting eleven with current players available:

FISHER 

NYAMBE LENIHAN CARTER RANKIN-COSTELLO

EVANS, TRAVIS, HOLTBY

DACK, ARMSTRONG

GALLAGHER or BRERETON

Most important is a new goalkeeper and a left back and a center half. Then a creative midfielder and maybe a striker. 

That is quite a depressing line up. Maybe we will be in for a relegation battle after all. 

Just now, LDRover said:

I believe he's being brought in to mentor Brereton. Was overheard saying "I will try to fix you"

Get no signing in soon and we are in for 'Trouble' next season.

Puts things into perspective that a relatively successful musician has worked hard across a couple of decades to amass a worth of 120 million while our owners have literally thrown double that away in lose change in half the time.  

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

oh well, so much for Klopp knowing what he was doing. 

I think a pre season training camp is the least of our worries and possibly even unnecessary, but what on earth has the fact that a positive test go to do specifically with the fact that they have just gone to Austria? Would have been the case had they stayed too!

Edited by roversfan99

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I think a pre season training camp is the least of our worries and possibly even unnecessary, but what on earth has the fact that a positive test go to do specifically with the fact that they have just gone to Austria? Would have been the case had they stayed too!

Depends how the player or players got the virus? Was it whilst in was Austria or France? 

You DON'T know whether the player or players would have get the virus if Liverpool stayed based at Melwood. Can you say for sure they would have got it in the UK?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Depends how the player or players got the virus? Was it whilst in was Austria or France? 

You DON'T know whether the player or players would have get the virus if Liverpool stayed based at Melwood. Can you say for sure they would have got it in the UK?

As they went to the training camp in Austria at the weekend. The likelihood is the Virus was caught over here, so whether they went to Austria or not the player would have caught it.

We are not going for a training camp whether we wanted to or not because we don't have the funds at the moment.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Okay, we'll go to the season before there, where guess what? 

He scored 2. 

Granted I thought he scored 5 goals this season.

Scored 11 last season and has hit 20 in a season at this level. I would be happy enough with our center forward scoring 11. Combined with Dack, Armstrong and hopefully some others chipping in. Martin is a solid and experienced Championship striker. On a free, as another option, I would be happy with him.  Spend the budget on a GK and center half. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

They only flew out over the weekend didnt they?

There is absolutely no credence to the theory that someone has picked up the virus solely because of Klopps decision to take the team to a training camp. You was right IMO to suggest that it possibly isnt a logistical necessity to take Rovers out for one in the circumstances but your point about Liverpool somewhat undermines your initial point.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Did anyone appreciate the irony of the story posted on the official website this morning, that Lewis Holtby is looking forward to benefiting from a full pre season? We can use the same template of the story for this time next year.

This story undermines the situation at the club as we need to bring in players who won’t have the benefit of a full pre-season.

Watch out for ‘hit the ground running’ stories!

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Scored 11 last season and has hit 20 in a season at this level. I would be happy enough with our center forward scoring 11. Combined with Dack, Armstrong and hopefully some others chipping in. Martin is a solid and experienced Championship striker. On a free, as another option, I would be happy with him.  Spend the budget on a GK and center half. 

The thing is though, surely Armstrong will play centrally considering that is where he was far more effective from there, and failing any ridiculous false 9 formations again, it will be him and Dack. We also have Gallagher and Brereton who are very much central players, and Holtby as a number 10. 

Therefore, Martin would be most likely a sub most of the time, and one who is very much the opposite (like Graham was, hence part of the reason as to why he became a bit part player) of the style that we seem to be moving towards.

You mention the budget but I think he left Derby because they could not agree a contract with him, therefore he would probably swallow up a decent chunk of any limited resources on his wage demands.

He is definitely past his best and had a really dry patch, but he would potentially be a useful player to have around, considering Graham has 2 years on him, probably an upgrade on him. Provides a focal point and had a decent goals per minute ratio last year. Just unsure that financially, and considering the players we already have there, if it is a deal we need to be doing. If he did join I dont think he would be a bad signing though.

• Like 3