BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

48 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

From my perspective, its not that we COULDN'T bring a decent manager to replace Mowbray, we'd still appeal to many. Its the fact the the recruitment team of, presumably swag, WOULDN'T attract a decent manager,  in fact I dread to think what the selection policy would be - presumably just the cheapest option possible.

Also on Hughton, he's already turned down some biggish championship teams, Sheffield Wednesday and Stoke spring to mind. As I've already said he was clearly holding out for a prem job which hasn't materialised so he's lowered expectations. That said its hardly a crappy job at Forest and its a good chance for him to prove his worth.

I understand where your coming from and this post wasn't aimed at you, just a general comment.  

I'd be willing to wager, if the Manager's job came up, there'd be some surprisingly good managers apply.  Whether we appoint any of them is a different kettle of fish.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

There is definitely two types of fans we have here, those who are happy with how things are going and can see no wrong with mowbray and those who disagree and strive for better. I’m in the latter camp

Shock!!! ??

Hows about these two camps whilst you’re magically making stuff up...Hypothetically speaking of course..

Camp one - Choose to be happy with the current situation and want to see the upward trend continue to improve.

Camp two - miserable bastards who have to find something to moan about every single day. 

There you go, Two perspectives. Who’s to say which one is correct?

I think it was Cheston that said (before Mogga was appointed) that the main criteria for a new manager was that they were unattached. That's a Venky policy. Waggott wouldn't have any input into that.

In a way we got quite lucky with Mowbray, in the same way that Coyle was a total disaster. When Mogga does we leave we'll just have to hope someone of Hughton's calibre is available and cheap.

Forest already had Hughton lined up before they sacked the manager - would never happen here. We would sack the manager, then go interviewing any man and his dog for 2-4 weeks before simply going with the cheapest option. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Shock!!! ??

Hows about these two camps whilst you’re magically making stuff up...Hypothetically speaking of course..

Camp one - Choose to be happy with the current situation and want to see the upward trend continue to improve.

Camp two - miserable bastards who have to find something to moan about every single day. 

There you go, Two perspectives. Who’s to say which one is correct?

Interesting post. I think there is something in the “choose to be happy” comment. People can choose how they view Rovers current situation. Bury their head in the sand and pretend all is well until the lights are switched off then they go and support a PL club. Or be very concerned about our situation where we are £180m in debt and rising (this figure never gets better) and a management team and board who are highly paid but completely unaccountable for failure - and instead call it progress or even worse stability (as though that is even a thing in the volatile world that is professional football.

No matter which group you fall into there will be a very small group of people who end up holding the buckets to try in vain to raise money to save the club.

We really need a rich owner who actually likes football to take on the debt that Venkys have racked up and bring in a management structure to reinvigorate this club. The current one is literally letting the ground rot.

As far as Mowbray is concerned, his job is to win football matches. If he does that he gets to carry on and dissenting voices will lessen. His mission is to get promoted. If he does that then he deserves credit. Perpetual backslapping for finishing midtable is worthless. Except to the ostriches who ignore the bigger picture.

I do not choose to be happy with our current situation. That’s a reflection of the club not me personally.

P.S. When people erroneously compare his stats with other managers to make him look good, it will get a response.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Interesting post. I think there is something in the “choose to be happy” comment. People can choose how they view Rovers current situation. Bury their head in the sand and pretend all is well until the lights are switched off then they go and support a PL club. Or be very concerned about our situation where we are £180m in debt and rising (this figure never gets better) and a management team and board who are highly paid but completely unaccountable for failure - and instead call it progress or even worse stability (as though that is even a thing in the volatile world that is professional football.

No matter which group you fall into there will be a very small group of people who end up holding the buckets to try in vain to raise money to save the club.

We really need a rich owner who actually likes football to take on the debt that Venkys have racked up and bring in a management structure to reinvigorate this club. The current one is literally letting the ground rot.

As far as Mowbray is concerned, his job is to win football matches. If he does that he gets to carry on and dissenting voices will lessen. His mission is to get promoted. If he does that then he deserves credit. Perpetual backslapping for finishing midtable is worthless. Except to the ostriches who ignore the bigger picture.

I do not choose to be happy with our current situation. That’s a reflection of the club not me personally.

P.S. When people erroneously compare his stats with other managers to make him look good, it will get a response.

Thanks Stuart, whilst I think the criteria that you segregate with is slightly off, I respect your choice and your opinion.

What would be interesting would be to map the personal and vocational successes of those who apparently “bury their head in the sand” vs those who you report are “very concerned” (essentially happy clappers vs mood hoovers).....though that’s a completely different debate!

Anyways, how’s our Norwegian left back progressing guys?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Thanks Stuart, whilst I think the criteria that you segregate with is slightly off, I respect your choice and your opinion.

What would be interesting would be to map the personal and vocational successes of those who apparently “bury their head in the sand” vs those who you report are “very concerned” (essentially happy clappers vs mood hoovers).....though that’s a completely different debate!

I have never heard anyone spout such rubbish on this forum as you. So basically, if they are rich and successful outside of football like you (well done to you on that btw) then they are entitled to pass an opinion on their favourite football  team, but if they are less so then they can't or their view carries less weight.

Top stuff.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

• Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Mowbray was the manager when he was signed. Only those desperate to talk him down seek to deny him credit.

Mowbray literally admitted himself that he wouldn’t have signed Dolan if his recruitment team hadn’t had a word. That’s not failing to give him credit, they’re just the facts!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I have never heard anyone spout such rubbish on this forum as you. So basically, if they are rich and successful outside of football like you (well done to on that btw) then they are entitled to pass an opinion on their favourite football  team, but if they are less so then they can't or their view carries less weight.

Top stuff.

Apologies Rev. I didn’t mean that at all. I’m sorry it made you feel that way

I was just thinking out loud in terms of a link between mindset and general happiness / fulfilment of potential etc...us guys chat a lot on here (prob more than we do to our wives) ?...I often wonder about the person behind the persona...if that makes sense.

For the record I 100% respect everyone’s opinions, whilst the negativity grates on me, I didn’t mean to offend mate. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Mowbray literally admitted himself that he wouldn’t have signed Dolan if his recruitment team hadn’t had a word. That’s not failing to give him credit, they’re just the facts!

Good job we invest so much time, money and hiring staff in the recruitment department then and Mowbray can trust them

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
8 hours ago, JoeH said:

then you have a message board where everyone posts their own thoughts, logs off, and comes back when they’ve got another thought. 

If there’s no discussion, what are we here for?

Its not positive people vs negative people, it’s just people discussing with people.

It definitely is though and it gets to point scoring where people wear being positive as a badge of honour and people being negative call themselves the realists. It’s absolutely tedious and I’ve told people to rein it in on more than one occasion. Then after being lenient for ages, people have a hissy fit when they get a ban for behaving in the exact same way I told them not to. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Funny though isn’t it. “Happy clappers” has stuck (mainly as a stick to beat people who aren’t eternally positive) but the original disparaging phrase it was created in response to hasn’t. All very political.

And just like in football, the ref only ever sees the retaliation...!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Apologies Rev. I didn’t mean that at all. I’m sorry it made you feel that way

I was just thinking out loud in terms of a link between mindset and general happiness / fulfilment of potential etc...us guys chat a lot on here (prob more than we do to our wives) ?...I often wonder about the person behind the persona...if that makes sense.

For the record I 100% respect everyone’s opinions, whilst the negativity grates on me, I didn’t mean to offend mate. 

I can't help feeling there's a subtle dig in there but fair enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Kenny, c’mon pal, that’s just a manager being honest! Dya think Fergie went out, scouted and recruited all those top players? Course he didn’t, he had scouts reporting into him and making recommendations that he either accepted or rejected.

The recruitment team (that the manager built) came to the manager and brought a player to the table. They had a discussion and the manager trusted his team....now whether it’s Dolan or Brereton the player is a Tony Mowbray signing. The end.

We can’t have it one way and not the other.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good job we invest so much time, money and hiring staff in the recruitment department then and Mowbray can trust them

Absolutely. While I’m happy to give Mowbray credit for Ayala and Kaminski, it’s only right to give his recruitment team the praise they deserve for highlighting Dolan to us....

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Kenny, c’mon pal, that’s just a manager being honest! Dya think Fergie went out, scouted and recruited all those top players? Course he didn’t, he had scouts reporting into him and making recommendations that he either accepted or rejected.

The recruitment team (that the manager built) came to the manager and brought a player to the table. They had a discussion and the manager trusted his team....now whether it’s Dolan or Brereton the player is a Tony Mowbray signing. The end.

We can’t have it one way and not the other.

I’m not saying Mowbray deserves no credit for it, I’m just reminding people of what he said....

In any event, I’m happy Dolan is here!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Absolutely. While I’m happy to give Mowbray credit for Ayala and Kaminski, it’s only right to give his recruitment team the praise they deserve for highlighting Dolan to us....

Mate, they’re one in the same thing...good and bad...surely you can see that?

Just now, Prelude said:

Just read through the last 5 pages of This thread and 90% of it is about Mowbray and another manager! Can we please take this chat to The Tony Mowbray chat and get back on topic so me and everyone else does not have to scroll through several pages to find discussion on the topic in hand? Cheers! 

We're after Whiteman. The bollocks talked about Mowbray/Hughton will seem like a golden age once @Sparks Rover wakes up. ?

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Interesting, wouldn't his potential fee be in the millions?

Maybe the owners are playing a blinder after all.

I don’t understand how it works but his brother works at BAE and has told everyone Whiteman is coming to Rovers. Supposedly Mowbray was with him on Monday. Can we even sign players still?