BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The recruitment team all works together with Mowbray running it from his office. Has 1 collective team. Kaminski was scouting for months by our scouts. 

Just fallen off my chair laughing and I haven't had a glass of wine yet!

Have a look out the window tonight Chaddy and you will see a huge lump of green cheese glowing in the sky.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think " Dolan cementing a place " is being a bit optimistic. Another quiet game against Forest and he'll be on the bench again.

Yes perhaps, but another good game will put him in a strong position.

Kind of depends how Forest come out and play. If they sit in he'll struggle, but if they come out to play there's no doubt he should make a big impact.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Quality.

This line of discussion is approaching Ray Wilkins spotted at the Wilpshire Hotel cult status now.

We only need to reignite the speculation as to whether a bid for Marcus Maddison by an unnamed Club might be us now!

Remember it well!

BT took on an extra engineer given all the additional phone lines Ray wanted installing in his Wilpshire property!

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Yeah mate, he looks class. 

If you've seen him play and have a good understanding of football you'd know he's a pretty good player 

I've seen him played thanks. I wouldnt be buying him. Not worth the money at all. Leave him there

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

If you've seen him play and have a good understanding of football you'd know he's a pretty good player 

I think Whiteman is a good player but to say "if you've seen him play and understand football you'd say he's good" is basically saying there's no room for an opposite opinion. We've all seen Ronaldo and Messi play but everyone disagrees on who the better player is. If somebody had seen Whiteman play and didn't rate him it's a tad harsh to imply they don't "know football" as a result

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've seen him played thanks. I wouldnt be buying him. Not worth the money at all. Leave him there

But Chaddy, Mowbray and his recruitment team must have scouted and analysed the lad and as you think they are the dog's b0ll0cks, Whiteman must be good?!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The fee involved we cant afford for one. I don't see centre midfielder as a priority were we need a signing. 

The priority should be left back signing 

That doesn't answer my question.

You said "I've seen him play thanks" that gives a view that you don't think he's good enough.

I'll ask again, why wouldn't you sign him? 

15 minutes ago, Mercer said:

But Chaddy, Mowbray and his recruitment team must have scouted and analysed the lad and as you think they are the dog's b0ll0cks, Whiteman must be good?!

But what do you expect from Mowbray and the recruitment team?You claim we are in deep trouble financially and have to make savings of 15-20 million and in your opinion will have to sell a couple of our better players?

So by your logic you must believe that Mowbray and the recruitment team have a very difficult job.They are meant to sign players to sustain a promotion challenge with a minuscule budget and make savings of 15-20 million by selling our better players.

Funny thing is for a man who regularly criticizes our transfer dealings and claim our squad is poor you still predict us to win 4 or 5 nil every game?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Dack isn't playing in a midfield 3, no chance.

He'll take on the 3 forward places.

I’d disagree completely, he’s not got the mobility for any of them 3 current spots. Then again; neither does Gallagher so god knows!

It’s absolutely criminal how much people seem to have forgotten about/disregarded Dack. He’s by far and away the best player and finisher at the club. If my auntie had bollocks she’d be my uncle and if Dack played Saturday we’d have won the game in my opinion. It’s not a case of ‘does Dack play?’ he does. 

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

He's got one of the highest workrates in our team, so he can play in CM.

And he’s our best player, regardless of what anyone says!

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The fee involved we cant afford for one. I don't see centre midfielder as a priority were we need a signing. 

But if the owners allow it and Mowbray decides to spend it then we can afford it.

How can you say you'd be against a potential signing because 'we can't afford it' when we clearly can afford it if we are doing it?

You might not agree with the price but that's Venkys business.

Overall we are talking about a lad who has spent his career in the middle of League One at Doncaster Rovers. Not exactly paying Messi's release clause and wages. Something seriously wrong if we are unable to sign such a player if we really want him.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

100 percent. We are well stocked in midfield. And the likes of a holding player like Evans frees Rothwell to surge forward. Whiteman is a box to box player from what I've seen.

Manning though would've been good as he can cover both positions.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

I’d disagree completely, he’s not got the mobility for any of them 3 current spots. Then again; neither does Gallagher so god knows!

He has the hold up quality to play centre forward. The best we have I'd say. So long as he has pace around him he'll be great.

8 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

100 percent. We are well stocked in midfield. And the likes of a holding player like Evans frees Rothwell to surge forward. Whiteman is a box to box player from what I've seen.

Manning though would've been good as he can cover both positions.

And I'm sure the world class JRC can fill in there

5 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

He has the hold up quality to play centre forward. The best we have I'd say. So long as he has pace around him he'll be great.

Possibly. I’ve never seen a game where he’s played that false 9 role we’ve experimented with before (Preston away season before last comes to mind) where it worked at all. However this is a new system/personnel so maybe, I just don’t think theyre his main strengths. His 3rd man runs into the box are his bread and butter. Hard to make untracked runs when you’re the only person to mark for the centre halves.