BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

That doesn't answer my question.

You said "I've seen him play thanks" that gives a view that you don't think he's good enough.

I'll ask again, why wouldn't you sign him? 

1. We dont need a centre midfielder singing as I think we have more than in midfield. 

2. Not value for money. 2 million for league 1 midfielder. Far too expensive for league 1 standard midfielder 

3. He isn't the midfielder type we need even if we need a midfielder. He nothing like Travis. Someone like Josh Cullen was who cost 800k. Who played at this level. 

4. MOST importantly we need a left back signing before anything else. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, JoeH said:

Seems an odd/unprovoked reaction to Forest announcing a new manager. How do you compare the two? What makes him better?

Mowbray has 256 career wins
Hughton has 167 career wins
Both managers have won one major honor
Mowbray's win % is 52%
Hughton's win % is 43%

Maybe you mean their transfer records/pulling ability, but all the same I don't understand how this conclusion can be so easily come to.

I know you love some stats so here are some with some context.

Mowbray has managed 330 games in the Championship and has a win percentage of 40.6%. Hughton has managed 208 games in the Championship where he has a win percentage of 52%. Hughton has also managed 4 top six finishes including 2 promotions. Whereas Mowbray has managed 2 top 6 finishes and just 1 promotion.

In the Premier League Mowbray has managed Mowbray has managed 38 games with a win percentage of 21%. Hughton has managed 163 Premier League games and has a win percentage of 25.1%. 

Mowbray's record is padded out by managing in League 1 a level that Hughton has never needed to drop to. Being at Celtic also helps Mowbray's win record but even then he was one of their worst ever managers.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

But if the owners allow it and Mowbray decides to spend it then we can afford it.

How can you say you'd be against a potential signing because 'we can't afford it' when we clearly can afford it if we are doing it?

You might not agree with the price but that's Venkys business.

Overall we are talking about a lad who has spent his career in the middle of League One at Doncaster Rovers. Not exactly paying Messi's release clause and wages. Something seriously wrong if we are unable to sign such a player if we really want him.

But we arent doing so tho aren't we? 

Why do we want a league 1 midfielder who spent his career in the middle of league one? 

43 minutes ago, JHRover said:

But if the owners allow it and Mowbray decides to spend it then we can afford it.

How can you say you'd be against a potential signing because 'we can't afford it' when we clearly can afford it if we are doing it?

You might not agree with the price but that's Venkys business.

Overall we are talking about a lad who has spent his career in the middle of League One at Doncaster Rovers. Not exactly paying Messi's release clause and wages. Something seriously wrong if we are unable to sign such a player if we really want him.

No head room under FFP

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The fee involved we cant afford for one. I don't see centre midfielder as a priority were we need a signing. 

The priority should be left back signing 

How do you know we can't afford it? Not long ago you were saying that we had a £5 Million football budget.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

1. We dont need a centre midfielder singing as I think we have more than in midfield. 

2. Not value for money. 2 million for league 1 midfielder. Far too expensive for league 1 standard midfielder 

3. He isn't the midfielder type we need even if we need a midfielder. He nothing like Travis. Someone like Josh Cullen was who cost 800k. Who played at this level. 

You don't know what youre talking about. Bitter I'd say.  Whiteman is everything we need...young, experienced(club captain  at 22), big, strong, technically gifted, passing is great and he can slap them in from the edge of the box.  A young Johnson I'd say.  Why did Sheff Utd put a sell on clause in? 

By your logic we would never play Dolan because he was an U18s player last season....Promotion chasing league 1 club captain lad....sort yourself out

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

How do you know we can't afford it? Not long ago you were saying that we had a £5 Million football budget.

Back to this again. I did an analysis on how we could have a 4 to 5 million pounds football budget including wages. Something you seems to have trouble understanding..

Why would anyone spend 2 million on mid table league 1 midfielder when you can get better for cheaper like Manning. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Back to this again. I did an analysis on how we could have a 4 to 5 million pounds football budget including wages. Something you seems to have trouble understanding..

Why would anyone spend 2 million on mid table league 1 midfielder when you can get better for cheaper like Manning. 

So now you are saying that we could afford. Which is it could we or couldn't we afford it?

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

That's their job, he listened and did his job.

At no point did I deny either of those things either. I’ve just been busy working this morning, so not had time to be on here fully explaining myself. True story. 

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

So now you are saying that we could afford. Which is it could we or couldn't we afford it?

No I havent said anything like that. You just arguing for the sake of it Ewood. 

I did an analysis on how WE COULD HAVE 4 to 5 million pounds football budget back in July/August. 

Even if we could afford Whiteman why would any club chasing top 6 spend 2 million on mid table league 1 midfielder. I dont think we even got 500k left on footballing budget in my opinion

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You have a real snobbery towards league 1 players. You must have been well embarrassed when we were down there.

Plenty of players work their way up from lower leagues, the lad is 22, captain of his side, renowned for being one of the best players in that league and seemingly we are not the only Championship club interested. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont think we even got 500k left on footballing budget in my opinion

I'm delighted that you acknowledge that you were wrong when you argued with me that we had a 5 millions pounds football budget on players fees and wages. Listen to me next time Chaddy and you won't go far wrong.

Edited by Ewood Ace

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Even if we could afford Whiteman why would any club chasing top 6 spend 2 million on mid table league 1 midfielder.

Why would they not? There's been a few decent winners of the League 1 Player of the Year award over the years....

Dack (2018 and 2016)

Ritchie (2013)

Rhodes (2012)

Just because he's in league 1 doesn't mean he wouldn't improve a decent Championship side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Why would they not? There's been a few decent winners of the League 1 Player of the Year award over the years....

Dack (2018 and 2016)

Ritchie (2013)

Rhodes (2012)

Just because he's in league 1 doesn't mean he wouldn't improve a decent Championship side.

A certain Godfrey was in league 1 for Shrewsbury when we were down there. He has just signed for Everton for 20 million quid.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, philipl said:

No head room under FFP

Every club is going to break FFP. Except maybe Brentford with the Watkins sale.

As you say - no income coming in for 7 months = FFP failure 

Are they going to waste their time trying to deduct points from 23 clubs or focus on ensuring there is still a football league for fans to return to next year?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree left back has to be the priority, if we have the funds to spend on ONE player it has to be a left back 100% and I agree with you that I don’t believe Whiteman is better than what we’ve got. When Travis is fit, our midfield three has to be Travis Holtby and Johnson, Rothwell has shown in glimpses he can be good there too. Then we’ve got Davenport and Buckley as backup options, we’d be crazy to spend money on a centre mid when we’ve got a position in left back that needs filling desperately. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Are they going to waste their time trying to deduct points from 23 clubs or focus on ensuring there is still a football league for fans to return to next year?

I doubt if the likes of Norwich, Luton, Wycombe, Coventry will have FFP problems.

23 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'm delighted that you acknowledge that you were wrong when you argued with me that we had a 5 millions pounds football budget on players fees and wages. Listen to me next time Chaddy and you won't go far wrong.

But I said could have NOT had. Clearly you misunderstood my points or just ignored. 

Listen to you? No thanks Ewood

21 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Dack (2018 and 2016)

Ritchie (2013)

Rhodes (2012)

But we chasing top 6 not looking to be decent Championship side. 

We bought Dack when we were relegated. 

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Most clubs wont cos they either sold players like Norwich, Bournemouth, Forest have or work on limited resources like Luton or Barnsley.