BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

But I said could have NOT had. Clearly you misunderstood my points or just ignored. 

Listen to you? No thanks Ewood

You didn't say we could have you said we have. As can be quite clearly seen below.

On 21/08/2020 at 19:19, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't say we would spend 5 million pounds on players..I said we have 5 millions pounds football budget on players fees and wages. 

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

I know you love some stats so here are some with some context.

Mowbray has managed 330 games in the Championship and has a win percentage of 40.6%. Hughton has managed 208 games in the Championship where he has a win percentage of 52%. Hughton has also managed 4 top six finishes including 2 promotions. Whereas Mowbray has managed 2 top 6 finishes and just 1 promotion.

In the Premier League Mowbray has managed Mowbray has managed 38 games with a win percentage of 21%. Hughton has managed 163 Premier League games and has a win percentage of 25.1%. 

Mowbray's record is padded out by managing in League 1 a level that Hughton has never needed to drop to. Being at Celtic also helps Mowbray's win record but even then he was one of their worst ever managers.

You’ve missed the point. The point was that stats can’t be used to judge manager success. You’d know that if you read the whole conversation in context.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But we chasing top 6 not looking to be decent Championship side. 

We bought Dack when we were relegated. 

It's a good job that not everyone in football thinks like you Chaddy. Otherwise no one in the football league would have signed Jamie Vardy when he was 25 years old and had never played in the football league.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You didn't say we could have you said we have. As can be quite clearly seen below.

Here were I did analysis which show we could have 4 to 5 budget. You been very selective in your quote. Tho I not surprise at all with yourself. 

On 21/08/2020 at 18:37, chaddyrovers said:

1.3 budget left from January, plus wages off the wage bill from Downing, Graham, Samuel, Smallwood, Leutwiler, Hart plus loans from Walton and Adarabioyo. Which I reckon is around 3 million(60k a week)off the budget IMO So there is 4 to 5 million budget. 

Anyway Ewood, I'm not arguing with you anymore about this. You are just arguing.for the sake trying to point you were right. 

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

You’ve missed the point. The point was that stats can’t be used to judge manager success.

Yet you like to use stats to analysis most things about the game. You were even talking up the absolutely pointless expected goals stat the other day. Strange how when the stats don't go the way you want them to that they can't be used.

10 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I doubt if the likes of Norwich, Luton, Wycombe, Coventry will have FFP problems.

Us, Stoke, Birmingham, Derby, Bristol City, Cardiff, Swansea, Reading, QPR, Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough will ALL be in breach of FFP. Most were pushing their luck to start with, having lost millions through reduced income over the last 7 months they will be in breach. I'd be surprised and very impressed if all have overheads like they do and could remain compliant without any fans for 7 months.

You may well be correct on Norwich, Luton, Wycombe. Perhaps Brentford and Forest may keep their heads above water after a couple of big sales although I seem to recall that a few people were saying we couldn't possibly sack Mowbray and co. last season due to Covid and FFP yet that is precisely what Forest have just done with their manager.

I'd love to see the EFL try to push sanctions through on all those clubs. Firstly if they succeeded it would ruin the league, secondly there is no way given the government restrictions and refusal to allow fans in that they can punish clubs for something they have had no control over. You can't severely restrict club incomes through government legislation at a moments notice and then turn around and sanction clubs for spending too much over their income. I suspect the barristers would eat that up for breakfast.

Imagine trying to sanction say Derby after they have lost income from 25,000 fans a week and their commercial and corporate departments through no fault of their own, whilst allowing outfits like Luton off with nothing just because they've lost a fraction of the amount due to having a smaller fanbase and stadium. It can't work.

I think it is foolish to adopt a strategy based upon something that is almost certainly not going to happen.

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But we chasing top 6 not looking to be decent Championship side. 

We bought Dack when we were relegated. 

Why are we chasing top 6? What's the prize for that?

I'd rather we chased promotion and to guarantee that we need top 2.

Very much doubt Chris Wilder or Neil Warnock aimed for the top 6 at the start of their promotion seasons.

Think 'aiming for a top 6 push' is setting the target too low. Two clubs go up automatically - the aim should always to be one of them.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would want a centre midfielder over left back now is just crazy talk..

Because of the injury to Travis. Saturday showed that with the exception of Johnson we are missing some bite in midfield. When it came to the physical side of the game on Saturday Holtby and Rothwell didn't want to know. 

As much as we need a left back it is more important that the spine of the team is strong.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Us, Stoke, Birmingham, Derby, Bristol City, Cardiff, Swansea, Reading, QPR, Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough will ALL be in breach of FFP. Most were pushing their luck to start with, having lost millions through reduced income over the last 7 months they will be in breach. I'd be surprised and very impressed if all have overheads like they do and could remain compliant without any fans for 7 months.

You may well be correct on Norwich, Luton, Wycombe. Perhaps Brentford and Forest may keep their heads above water after a couple of big sales although I seem to recall that a few people were saying we couldn't possibly sack Mowbray and co. last season due to Covid and FFP yet that is precisely what Forest have just done with their manager.

I'd love to see the EFL try to push sanctions through on all those clubs. Firstly if they succeeded it would ruin the league, secondly there is no way given the government restrictions and refusal to allow fans in that they can punish clubs for something they have had no control over. You can't severely restrict club incomes through government legislation at a moments notice and then turn around and sanction clubs for spending too much over their income. I suspect the barristers would eat that up for breakfast.

Imagine trying to sanction say Derby after they have lost income from 25,000 fans a week and their commercial and corporate departments through no fault of their own, whilst allowing outfits like Luton off with nothing just because they've lost a fraction of the amount due to having a smaller fanbase and stadium. It can't work.

I think it is foolish to adopt a strategy based upon something that is almost certainly not going to happen.

Off the top of my head both Birmingham and QPR have sold players for big fees so they should be OK. 

More particularly if FFP rules are not enforced against clubs who infringe them those clubs who satisfy the rules will be able to go to court to have them enforced.

Edited by Mashed Potatoes
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It's a good job that not everyone in football thinks like you Chaddy. Otherwise no one in the football league would have signed Jamie Vardy when he was 25 years old and had never played in the football league.

There will always be gems to be found in the lower leagues. My local Club, Rochdale, brought quite a few through over the last few years. Craig Dawson to name just one. tI's being able to spot them that's the secret. That and being able to mend  them if they're a " broken toy " sometimes. The guys that have lost their way, just like another one Keith Hill fixed, Grant Holt.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There will always be gems to be found in the lower leagues. My local Club, Rochdale, brought quite a few through over the last few years. Craig Dawson to name just one. tI's being able to spot them that's the secret. That and being able to mend  them if they're a " broken toy " sometimes. The guys that have lost their way, just like another one Keith Hill fixed, Grant Holt.

there was a young lad at rochdale last season who i think played full back,he was lightning quick and looked a star in the making,what happened to him??

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Birmingham, Derby, Bristol City, QPR have all sold players. Birmingham sold Bellingham for over 20 mil, Derby sold Boyle and Lowe to Sheffield United for 15 million, Bristol City have balance the transfers spending with sales this summer. last season make 14 million pounds profit(Spent 30 mil, received 44 million), QPR have sold Eze for over 20 million pounds this summer and spent around 10 million so thats a 10 million profit. Swansea made 35 million pounds profit last summer plus cuts in wages and balance the transfer in and out fees this summer. 

Rovers will be ok. Just on the line. Thats why we haven't over spent at all. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Birmingham, Derby, Bristol City, QPR have all sold players. Birmingham sold Bellingham for over 20 mil, Derby sold Boyle and Lowe to Sheffield United for 15 million, Bristol City have balance the transfers spending with sales this summer. last season make 14 million pounds profit(Spent 30 mil, received 44 million), QPR have sold Eze for over 20 million pounds this summer and spent around 10 million so thats a 10 million profit. Swansea made 35 million pounds profit last summer plus cuts in wages and balance the transfer in and out fees this summer. 

Just shows how lucky Mowbray has been every summer he is given funds to strengthen and hasn't had to sell any key players. The owners have placed a lot of faith in him and he really does need to deliver this season or I fear that next season we may see a lot of key players sold as we did in 2016. I can't help but feel that this is a huge season in regards to the future of the club and which direction it is going in.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Just shows how lucky Mowbray has been every summer he is given funds to strengthen and hasn't had to sell any key players. The owners have placed a lot of faith in him and he really does need to deliver this season or I fear that next season we may see a lot of key players sold as we did in 2016. I can't help but feel that this is a huge season in regards to the future of the club and which direction it is going in.

There definitely is a feel that this season will be the last in the current cycle before we might see a bit of change. The contracts are the big red flag.

Nyambe's contract is up at the end of this season, and then we will only get a training fee should he stay in England. Armstrong, Dack and Lenihan will all have a year left I think. I dont think any of those players will be rushing to sign new deals, nor is it in their best interest to do anything other than sit and wait for now and keep the power in their hands. I would love to be wrong.

Rankin Costello, Holtby, Johnson, Evans, Rothwell, Williams, Chapman, Mulgrew, Bell and Bennett all have only this year left on their contracts too, of course many of them either will definitely not warrant a new deal (the last 3 for example) and a few others are very much ones that could go either way. I suspect that next summer is going to be one of upheaval should we not go up, and that potentially would be the point when Mowbray's job would naturally come into question at the start of a new cycle.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There definitely is a feel that this season will be the last in the current cycle before we might see a bit of change. The contracts are the big red flag.

Nyambe's contract is up at the end of this season, and then we will only get a training fee should he stay in England. Armstrong, Dack and Lenihan will all have a year left I think. I dont think any of those players will be rushing to sign new deals, nor is it in their best interest to do anything other than sit and wait for now and keep the power in their hands. I would love to be wrong.

Rankin Costello, Holtby, Johnson, Evans, Rothwell, Williams, Chapman, Mulgrew, Bell and Bennett all have only this year left on their contracts too, of course many of them either will definitely not warrant a new deal (the last 3 for example) and a few others are very much ones that could go either way. I suspect that next summer is going to be one of upheaval should we not go up, and that potentially would be the point when Mowbray's job would naturally come into question at the start of a new cycle.

According to LT, Nyambe is no worry for Rovers contract renewal.

Don't snipe I am just saying what I have read!