BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Current: probably 20k

Compromise pay off normally are 50p in the pound - 10k

New playing contract  if he can find a club - 2k?

What would you do? Give up 8k

Great post. The only way that gets done is with a signing on fee and a two year contract. Which isn’t going to happen.

Absolute clusterfuck is the Mulgrew contract situation. I Cannot defend Mowbray putting that to the board and anyone signing it off at the age Mulgrew was.

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Ok, I’m sure a couple felt aggrieved but he wasn’t a key player. We haven’t lost any of those on a free since Hoilett in 2008.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm not convinced as a matter of law you can compel someone to sign an extension against their will. It's tantamount to slavery.

However if it's used as a tool in football to ensure the parent Club gets a decent fee in the event of a sale then fair enough. 

Doesn't change much IF he wants to go and there's interest though. He'll be offend we just get a better fee.

I really can't understand how your not getting this, when Dack signed his new deal a couple of years ago, he would have agreed to it then. We're not just suddenly making him aware of that clause now.

I think with Dack, I agree with the others who say that he's not signing another contract here unless we go up, which isn't going to happen.

We just have to hope that he comes back, captures some of his past form and that we can get a decent fee for him in the summer.

10 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Hopefully there are a few top clubs and top young players looking at the start we’ve made, the signings and performances and thinking we’d be a good option for a loan?

Well I would hope so, we're playing the best football we have ever played in the clubs history, according to some ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, philipl said:

If West Brom beat West Ham to King, presumably King replaces Grosicki who is in Forest via Athens

Also lining up against us on a similar deal is likely to be Anthony Knockaert.

..Who scored a hat-trick  last night for Poland v Finland ..!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Wide forward rather than winger ?.  It will be horses for courses - which I have no problem with. I would prefer our current forward 3 - but over the course of a season we have be able to mix it up. There will also be matches where someone like Dolan might be best against a tiring defence.

Personally I can see Dack playing in the so called false 9 position - hopefully our amended style of play will mean it works this time.

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Wide forward rather than winger ?.  It will be horses for courses - which I have no problem with. I would prefer our current forward 3 - but over the course of a season we have be able to mix it up. There will also be matches where someone like Dolan might be best against a tiring defence.

Personally I can see Dack playing in the so called false 9 position - hopefully our amended style of play will mean it works this time.

I agree on the mixing it up but Gally should be nowhere near the touchline ever!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

PL clubs could be desperate come January and staying in PL will be vital this season with this pandemic around

But that's was 5 years ago. Not under our current manager 

Dack might not have played a first team game by December. Who's going to sign him in those circumstances ? You'd have to see him play a few games first and be sure that he's back were he was before the injury. Teams in danger of relegation can't afford to take gambles like that.

47 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Is Mowbray really going to play Gallagher on the wing? 

Does he ever learn?!

Brereton shouldn't be out wide either imo, offers very little, in comparison to Dolan.

I think people need to stop viewing Dolan with rose coloured glasses. So far his final ball has been poor.

Brereton has done fine out wide on the left. I'd prefer him in the middle, but that's not going to happen.

Gallagher has proven that he can't play out wide. He should be the backup #9 to Armstrong.

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think people need to stop viewing Dolan with rose coloured glasses. So far his final ball has been poor.

His first ever touch for Rovers was an assist with a great cross from Armstrong in pre-season. His final ball is far from poor. See Johnson's second goal vs Derby for an example of a great cross to the far post.

Dack is six weeks away if we are lucky. So he makes the bench on 21 November at Luton and probably stays on the bench to avoid a real kicking in the 24 November game at Preston.

So with the best will in the world he gets 9 games in before the January window. 

He is going to have to go some to attract a PL bid in January. Possible but gut feel is it is not happening.

Next summer is a different matter altogether.

13 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Brereton has done fine out wide on the left. I'd prefer him in the middle, but that's not going to happen.

Gallagher has proven that he can't play out wide. He should be the backup #9 to Armstrong.

Eh?! 

Does Brereton even have an assist this season? 

Dolans final ball has been excellent and has led to few goals. His crossing has been great.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

Dack is six weeks away if we are lucky. So he makes the bench on 21 November at Luton and probably stays on the bench to avoid a real kicking in the 24 November game at Preston.

So with the best will in the world he gets 9 games in before the January window. 

He is going to have to go some to attract a PL bid in January. Possible but gut feel is it is not happening.

Next summer is a different matter altogether.

That's if everything goes according to plan regarding the injury and he doesn't have the subsidiary issues that some players have following a prolonged time out.

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Eh?! 

Does Brereton even have an assist this season? 

Dolans final ball has been excellent and has led to few goals. His crossing has been great.

Brereton does have an assist and his performances have been good this season.

Agree that Dolan has had more of an impact and his crossing has been good.Neither of them should be dropped 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

? He's scored two in 3 games. That's the same as BB's scored in 2 years. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 6

33 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Brererton's a waste of a shirt out wide and he's a waste of a shirt playing up front. The only time he's done anything of note is when he's been played in what you could describe as the old inside left position.

• Like 2