BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

6 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

Won't be surprised if we're getting someone in from Leicester. I'm sure Rogers was suitably impressed with our approach during our pre-season friendly.

Interesting thought about our perceived desirability now too. Hopefully there are a few top clubs and top young players looking at the start we’ve made, the signings and performances and thinking we’d be a good option for a loan?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The Mulgrew one gets me. Absolutely no way he was seeing that length of contract. Smallwood and Bennett I can live with. I don’t think they believed for one minute that Trav was gonna kick on so quickly. Prob thought they’d have got to the following Christmas before Smallwood was surplus. Bennett has been worth it, I’ve no axe to grind there.

The Sam Hart and Smallwood mini extensions were absolutely scandalous, 

With regards to Mulgrew I really hope we don't pay him off fully and allow him to sign up somewhere else and earn even more money in the next year.  TBH even if he has had a fall out with the manager as a pro footballer surely he should try his best and play his way back into the team whilst he is under contract.  Either that or compromise, take a lower payout and go and play!

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We tend to sell players just before their contracts end to be fair, I remember that happening with Marshall but you often dont get the fee you could have received otherwise.

Is that the only one in the last 4 years at the club? 

20 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

Won't be surprised if we're getting someone in from Leicester. I'm sure Rogers was suitably impressed with our approach during our pre-season friendly.

Exactly 

Edited by chaddyrovers

39 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Well bearing in mind the last time we lost someone meaningful via the running down of their contract was Hoilett 12 years ago....I’d say THE CLUB have been pretty good at it tbf?

12 years ago? ?

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Ben Frost said:

I don't remember anyone complaining about those contracts at the time... in fact quite the opposite 

Absolute rubbish. I remember there being plenty of alarm bells raised about the length of Mulgrew's contract. Smallwood already had a further year, there was no rush to renew. With Bennett, I think I was one of the exceptions in not being convinced. There was also Evans which received criticism because it was coupled with the first of Waggotts passive aggressive marketing campaign, a season ticket advert with the punchline "Corry has committed, have you?" Possibly the funniest, I will give him that.

Regarding the ones last year, universal criticism.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

He signed his agreement to it, so yes, you can. It's not against their will, they willingly consented to the clause.

At the time yes, but If things subsequently changed and the player wanted to leave all he would have to do is allege that the original deal was made on the basis of certain assurances which haven't been met and that we haven't kept to our side of the bargain etc etc.

You'd have to be quite hard nosed to take that stance but like Lucash certain players might feel their loyalties lay more towards their next Club than their current one.

33 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

We have a good relationship with them. Nearly signed their young keeper On loan early in the summer. 

We might have a good relationship with them but that isnt proof. Within hours of the rumour coming out, he had gone to Belgium. Surely they would have preferred him to come here with our strong relationship if the interest was so strong?

I think the fact that Kaminski seems such a considered deal that had been extensively scouted and that it has been repeatedly reported that our number 1 was always going to be coming from abroad perhaps suggests that the rumour that a deal for Iversen was close was not factual. It didnt make sense at the time and even less so now.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Experience of what? 

IMO, Mowbray has been good over contracts overall to be honest. Proper people person and good man management skills. 

Couldn't disagree more. We have Nyambe, Dack and JRC in the last year of their contracts and really no key player should be allowed to get within less than  2 years of the end of their deal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Couldn't disagree more. We have Nyambe, Dack and JRC in the last year of their contracts and really no key player should be allowed to get within less than  2 years of the end of their deal.

Dack has a club option of 12 months extension plus we have been talking to him about a new contract for months. So has 2 years really. 

JRC will get a new contract shortly I would imagine. Only broke through the last 8 months into first team 

I would be offering new contracts to Armstrong, Rothwell and Holtby also. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack has a club option of 12 months extension plus we have been talking to him about a new contract for months. So has 2 years really. 

JRC will get a new contract shortly I would imagine. Only broke through the last 8 months into first team 

I would be offering new contracts to Armstrong, Rothwell and Holtby also. 

Fair point on JRC but we shouldn't be in this position with Dack and Nyambe.

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Eh!!? Come on Rev....Dack is the only ‘key’ player in there and he’s got two years effectively because we have the option to extend. (Please don’t start talking about slavery again mate). 12 month extensions in the clubs favours are VERY common. We recently exercised one of them with Bell. It’s 100% the clubs prerogative to do so. No questions.

Nyambe, whilst promising has never nailed down spot in our team and JRC only broke through a few months ago and has played a handful of games. Would we like to resign them? Absolutely. Could they be key men in the future? Absolutely. Are they key players now? NO.

Our key players are Lenihan, Trav, Dack and Arma. All of these have at least 2yrs on their contracts.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Dack has another 12 months aftwr this season.They have said they have tried to get Dack to sign another contract but as of yet he hasn't.We have a wage ceiling,if the rumoured bid of 15 million January before last  from West Brom is true then you would expect that they would be able to offer higher wages than we can.

Plus Dack has been out for  9 month with a serious injury no guarantee he will come back the same player.

The contracts need sorting out no doubt but we have absolutely no idea of what sort of discussions are happening behind the scenes.We can't just pay the player whatever they ask for we tried that in past giving out long term high cost contracts and ended up paying for it for years and in embargo

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

On Dack, they were rumours he was leaving last January to WBA. if Dack wont sign a new contract then you sell him 

The only way Dack signing a new contract is if we are promoted this season. Otherwise I think he'll be gone to the Premiership by this time next season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It’s not that simple mate...

Dack is looking at his pals like Reed and Tosin earning £60k a week thinking he would treble his wages. At what 27 he’s not signing another contract with us unless we’re in the PL and can offer him that type of money. The BEST chance of him re-signing is either if we go up or if he comes back to poor form and decides that move isn’t going to materialise. I personally think he’ll go next summer.

Nyambe just hasn’t been consistent enough. He’s never nailed his place in the team down and that’s why it’s drifted. I don’t think anyone’s blown away with him and I reckon there’s a really good chance both he and JRC will sign.

Theres currently the more players out of contract than any other time since the Bosman ruling. A lot of players shitting themselves. Nyambe and JRC can’t afford to run their contracts down.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Our key players are Lenihan, Trav, Dack and Arma. All of these have at least 2yrs on their contracts.

Don't disagree with the 4 above, but silly to claim Nyambe isn't a key player imo.

Dack hasn't got "at least" 2 years left either even if he signs an extension, it's a year and a part of a season at best.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

On Dack, they were rumours he was leaving last January to WBA. if Dack wont sign a new contract then you sell him 

At a dog shit price because your arms twisted.

I'm for some reason quite calm on the Dack front. I think he'll sign a new contract. I imagine he will give us this year based off the start we've had and have an understanding with the management that he can go with their blessing if we fail. 

Yes he could go for a free, but I don't think Dack would want to leave on a sour note. 

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't disagree with the 4 above, but silly to claim Nyambe isn't a key player imo.

Dack hasn't got "at least" 2 years left either even if he signs an extension, it's a year and a part of a season at best.

He doesnt have to sign the extension..its a club option.

I dont think Nyambe is anywhere near a key player for us

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Well bearing in mind the last time we lost someone meaningful via the running down of their contract was Hoilett 12 years ago....I’d say THE CLUB have been pretty good at it tbf?

We were fairly annoyed at the time to lose Mahoney that way.