BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, J*B said:

In that case, allegedly Mowbray was at his house on Monday and it’s all signed. Source - his brother. 

We need another CM IMO, and he's supposed to be quality so let's hope it's true. No idea where the money has come from though as he's got quite a few years left on his contract so must be worth a few bob - £2m was mentioned at some point recently. Sharpe's 'no fees over £1m' spiel is about to be put to the test. 

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Brereton - Mowbray signing

Dolan - not a Mowbray signing.

The end.

Haha - If only you knew!!

I can tell you that Brereton was barely scouted and brought to them via an external scouting network in collaboration with an agency who sold us the dream. I used him because BB is the epitome of not being a Mowbray signing. That signing is part of the reason Mowbray tore up the old system and created the new one.

Because either way, any signing made under the watch of a manager who has the final decision, good or bad belongs to that manager.

This same rule stands in every industry. Which is why leaders are sacked when organisations fail.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

We need another CM IMO, and he's supposed to be quality so let's hope it's true. No idea where the money has come from though as he's got quite a few years left on his contract so must be worth a few bob - £2m was mentioned at some point recently. Sharpe's 'no fees over £1m' spiel is about to be put to the test. 

Left back money has been reallocated to CM after Bells performances and Travis’ injury? I’ve no idea, I almost don’t believe it myself, but Sparks is right his family think he’s coming to Rovers. 

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Haha - If only you knew!!

I can tell you that Brereton was barely scouted and brought to them via an external scouting network in collaboration with an agency who sold us the dream. I used him because BB is the epitome of not being a Mowbray signing. That signing is part of the reason Mowbray tore up the old system and created the new one.

Because either way, any signing made under the watch of a manager who has the final decision, good or bad belongs to that manager.

This same rule stands in every industry. Which is why leaders are sacked when organisations fail.

I'm pretty sure you just make stuff up. 

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/signing-ben-brereton-opportunity-good-1946842

• Like 2

They probably just asked mate...like rubbing a genies lamp so I’ve heard!! ?

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

Left back money has been reallocated to CM after Bells performances and Travis’ injury?

Definitely a possibility, and without Travis I think we're short in the middle of the park if we're playing 3 in there. From what little I've seen on Whiteman he's a big unit who dominates midfield. Get Whiteman and that LB from Norway and I think this can be classed as a good window. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Been after him for 2 seasons now....

What's changed though?

I remember you clearly saying this time last year (or the year before?) that Whiteman didn't take to Mowbray or Waggott at all and was joining Adkins at Hull because he liked him and had worked for him before.

Has Whiteman changed his opinion of them, now that a year on it appears nobody is really breaking down Donnys door to sign him?

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

??? like the gift that keeps on giving..

Read the article mate...”It’s an opportunity we couldn’t miss....we had the money to spend so why not...” 

How many times does the word ‘opportunity’ figure? Another question, where in their does our painfully honest leader mention our detailed scouting of him? Bearing in mind he’s our joint Record signing...

Brereton was an “opportunity” brought to them at the end of the window whilst they were making £4m Luke Freeman bids with cash on their hip. They took the bait and still think there’s a top player in there but that deal was the catalyst for the overhaul in scouting process, lead by Mowbray.

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

What's changed though?

I remember you clearly saying this time last year (or the year before?) that Whiteman didn't take to Mowbray or Waggott at all and was joining Adkins at Hull because he liked him and had worked for him before.

Has Whiteman changed his opinion of them, now that a year on it appears nobody is really breaking down Donnys door to sign him?

Hull put a small bid in, so it wasn't accepted.  He sees joining rovers as a massive move and there are 3 clubs interested.  Us, Barnsley and Swansea.  Sheff Utd have a sell on clause so the money has to be right for donny

4 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

What's changed though?

Pound notes maybe? 

Liable to end in tears though if he's merely coming for money and there is no chemistry between him and the manager.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

??? like the gift that keeps on giving..

Read the article mate...”It’s an opportunity we couldn’t miss....we had the money to spend so why not...” 

How many times does the word ‘opportunity’ figure? Another question, where in their does our painfully honest leader mention our detailed scouting of him? Bearing in mind he’s our joint Record signing...

Brereton was an “opportunity” brought to them at the end of the window whilst they were making £4m Luke Freeman bids with cash on their hip. They took the bait and still think there’s a top player in there but that deal was the catalyst for the overhaul in scouting process, lead by Mowbray.

Ah, so the use of the word 'opportunity' means the agent signed him. ????

Like I said, you just make stuff up. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Sheff Utd have a sell on clause so the money has to be right for donny

If he's meeting with Mogga then you'd think the deal is already agreed between the clubs. 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Hull put a small bid in, so it wasn't accepted. 

£1m according to Wiki. 

So, are we signing him?

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Pound notes maybe? 

Liable to end in tears though if he's merely coming for money and there is no chemistry between him and the manager.

He ain’t coming for money mate. Sure he’ll get a rise but the lads love Mowbray. If anything he’s too good to them...why’s Mulgrew not literally rotting right now after that outburst? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

That free agent left back, and Whiteman for the midfield would represent a very decent window on paper.

Still can't see us stumping up the cash for Whiteman though.

Not sure about the Norwegian LB but Whiteman and any good LB would be a very good window indeed.

If that was followed up by the news that Stoke had come back in and were waving cash at us for Evans then it would almost be a case of "If Carlsberg did transfer windows......."

Bit to go before we get to that point though.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Absolutely. While I’m happy to give Mowbray credit for Ayala and Kaminski, it’s only right to give his recruitment team the praise they deserve for highlighting Dolan to us....

The recruitment team all works together with Mowbray running it from his office. Has 1 collective team. Kaminski was scouting for months by our scouts. 

30 minutes ago, J*B said:

I don’t understand how it works but his brother works at BAE and has told everyone Whiteman is coming to Rovers. Supposedly Mowbray was with him on Monday. Can we even sign players still? 

Got till the 16th of October