BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

29 minutes ago, TBTF said:

As it stands now Chaddy , the keeper may we’ll be ok , Ayala wasn’t the result of good scouting really was he? And Dolan was a slice of luck thatPreston somehow  released him , not one we set our sights on . 
god knows about the Greek lad .

hopefully more to come because we are still light in key areas so pardon me for not getting giddy just yet. 
It just makes me smile that Mowbray talks about Europe like he’s Christopher Columbus and just discovered it exists. We have had European players before you know ?

If they can find half a dozen Nzonzis over the next few years then maybe it’s working .

And yet no other manager was able to have the same "slice of luck" with Dolan as Mowbray ?

Basically, if every time the manager makes a good call it's written off as luck then you can construct any argument you like. I prefer to give our manager credit.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, TBTF said:

As it stands now Chaddy , the keeper may we’ll be ok , Ayala wasn’t the result of good scouting really was he? And Dolan was a slice of luck thatPreston somehow  released him , not one we set our sights on . 
god knows about the Greek lad .

hopefully more to come because we are still light in key areas so pardon me for not getting giddy just yet. 
It just makes me smile that Mowbray talks about Europe like he’s Christopher Columbus and just discovered it exists. We have had European players before you know ?

If they can find half a dozen Nzonzis over the next few years then maybe it’s working .

Kaminski may be ok? 

Mowbray convinced Ayala to join here. 

Rovers recruitment team suggested Dolan and Mowbray backed their judgement on signing him. Since signing him he has surprise the club and IMO been excellent so far. 

How many European players have we signed under Bowyer, Appleton, Lambert, Coyle then? We didn't those managers not implement an European Scouting department during their time here? 

Mowbray and Rovers have always said this European scouting network is here for the long term and not just for this window. Thats why we investing money, time and bringing in the right staff into the recruitment, scouting and data analysis departments 

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Again, missing the point. Youve taken the conversation on a typical random tangent. My point was that at this stage, based on the signings made and presumed as per Joe's post, that it is far too early to call it our best window at the moment, its totally unknown. Most hadnt heard of Kaminski, decent start so scope for promise. Ayala has played 1 and is the only one that we could really judge prior to arrival. This Greek fella is a total unknown. The left back is an unknown to most and the loan wasnt even specified. My point was that at this stage, if thats our window business, we cant yet say how this window has been.

We dont know if the scouting to bring in players from europe has been a success or failure so how can we yet focus on "how good" it has been, as if its as sure as that? We have room for promise but its not been a success (or indeed a failure) at this point.

Well Joe is entitled to his opinion but I do feel that Joe has a faIr point. Bringing in experience keeper, experience centre defender that we need, a winger who has been total surprise. Joe does worked for EA Sports so has more experience than most of players around Europe. 

A left back we have interest in. He hasn't signed yet. You can watch him on Thursday if you want play for Norway. Hopefully we will sign a left back before the 16th Deadline day. 

You got to trust your scouting, recruitment and data analysis departments that the players they recommend and scout more are the right ones. Mowbray backs these people after bring in the right ones. You need to believe more in the people we have in these roles unless you wish to go back to us using agents to bring players like under previous managers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Hughton took Newcastle back to PL and had them top ten at Christmas until Ashley, IMO, unfairly sacked him.

In his only season at Brum, they finished top six.

Took Brighton to PL and kept them up until they sacked him in their second season back in PL.

Mowbray took WBA up to PL but they bombed and came straight back.

Be serious.

alot of sackings

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski may be ok? 

Rovers recruitment team suggested Dolan and Mowbray backed their judgement on signing him. Since signing him he has surprise the club and IMO been excellent so far. 

How many European players have we signed under Bowyer, Appleton, Lambert, Coyle then? We didn't those managers not implement an European Scouting department during their time here? 

Mowbray and Rovers have always said this European scouting network is here for the long term and not just for this window. Thats why we investing money, time and bringing in the right staff into the recruitment, scouting and data analysis departments 

Well Joe is entitled to his opinion but I do feel that Joe has a faIr point. Bringing in experience keeper, experience centre defender that we need, a winger who has been total surprise. Joe does worked for EA Sports so has more experience than most of players around Europe. 

A left back we have interest in. He hasn't signed yet. You can watch him on Thursday if you want play for Norway. Hopefully we will sign a left back before the 16th Deadline day. 

You got to trust your scouting, recruitment and data analysis departments that the players they recommend and scout more are the right ones. Mowbray backs these people after bring in the right ones. You need to believe more in the people we have in these roles unless you wish to go back to us using agents to bring players like under previous managers. 

Fair enough chaddy. Youve literally ignored my point and gone off again on numerous random and irrelevant tangents so lets leave it there.

14 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

And yet no other manager was able to have the same "slice of luck" with Dolan as Mowbray ?

Basically, if every time the manager makes a good call it's written off as luck then you can construct any argument you like. I prefer to give our manager credit.

Maybe the case but the point is I doubt the signing of Dolan typifies the excellence of our scouting system. They said at the time that they liked him when he played against us but that was that and then Preston released him . So opportunistic I’d say .... fine with that it was a smart move . Not being negative but imo it was a slice of Good luck rather than a  miracle of scouting as Chaddy now seems to be making out.

Edited by TBTF
  • Like 1

Just now, TBTF said:

Maybe the case but the point is I doubt the signing of Dolan typifies the excellence of our scouting system. They said at the time that they liked him when he played against us but that was that and then Preston released him . So opportunistic I’d say .... fine with that it was a smart move . Not being negative but imo it was a slice of Good luck rather a miracle if scouting . 

Sounds to me like a slice of good judgement.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, philipl said:

I think his crossing ability will seal Gallagher starting in place of Dolan v Forest

Why? Dolan doesn't seem shy of heading, either the ball or someone else's head (Cunningham), even though hes at a bit of a height disadvantage..

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kaminski may be ok? 

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy I really can’t be arsed . We’ve played 4 games , signed one from Preston and one from Boro and all of a sudden the European Scouting  network is ready to change the course of Our Club . If that was the key to it all why have we had to endure 8 shite windows ?
you crack on and enjoy the delusion .

ultimately we all want the same outcome for our Club so  Let’s leave it at that.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I definitely dont think you can use win percentages as a tool. Managers all have their own unique CV in terms of the teams they have managed, the resources they have had etc. You can never make like for like comparisons.

My point exactly. Was what I was trying to say.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Can’t believe how hard some posters are working to find negativity....

We’ve had a good start, signed some good players, are playing our young lads, winning and entertaining. Yet you have some hammering this thread with shit chat about Chris Houghton being better than Mowbray, every good player signed either fell into our lap or wasn’t actually signed by the manager but every signing with a question mark is hung around the managers neck.

Fuck me lads. I don’t think we’ve had an opportunity to be positive like this since those lot took over and sacked big Sam. Can we not just enjoy it for while? ????

Amen to that.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

We’ve had a good start, signed some good players, are playing our young lads, winning and entertaining. Yet you have some hammering this thread with shit chat about Chris Houghton being better than Mowbray, every good player signed either fell into our lap or wasn’t actually signed by the manager but every signing with a question mark is hung around the managers neck.

Fuck me lads. I don’t think we’ve had an opportunity to be positive like this since those lot took over and sacked big Sam. Can we not just enjoy it for while? ????

iv`e watched mowbrays teams since the start of his tenure,i don`t think this "entertainment" is going to last,i don`t think other fans do either,don`t know about you but i prefer realism

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

We’ve had a good start, signed some good players, are playing our young lads, winning and entertaining. Yet you have some hammering this thread with tedious chat about Chris Houghton being better than Mowbray, every good player signed either fell into our lap or wasn’t actually signed by the manager but every signing with a question mark is hung around the managers neck.

I think we're all enjoying it. That's got nothing to do with Hughton having a better record than Mowbray, or the tea lady having to sign Dolan because Mowbray didn't know who he was????

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

iv`e watched mowbrays teams since the start of his tenure,i don`t think this "entertainment" is going to last,i don`t think other fans do either,don`t know about you but i prefer realism

Exactly . 
4 games,  decent start , scoring a good few and keeping clean sheets so what’s not to like . 
but there are still key issues and positions that haven’t been   addressed do let’s not run away with ourselves and talk things up that don’t really justify it . 
Enjoy it of course we all will but it’s 4 games and we’ve got 7 points . I prefer to keep things level and see where we go before we extol the virtues of a ‘ wonderful’ European scouting system . There are significant issues still to deal with so apart from Chaddy let’s keep things realistic. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

We’ve had a good start, signed some good players, are playing our young lads, winning and entertaining. Yet you have some hammering this thread with tedious chat about Chris Houghton being better than Mowbray, every good player signed either fell into our lap or wasn’t actually signed by the manager but every signing with a question mark is hung around the managers neck.

Totally agree, however it's strange that you fanned the flames on the Hughton debate earlier if this is what you really think.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see how Hughton gets on, whilst I would have had no real objections to him as our manager he does seem to rate himself rather highly, he's been holding out for a Premier league job i reckon but nobody has come a calling. Quite a few forest fans seem a bit miffed they picked him over Howe...

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

We've had a decent start, probably a lot better than everyone expected, and I don't think a single person has complained either about that or the position we currently occupy in the table.

And yet when we had the chance to further consolidate upon  that good start at home on Saturday we failed to perform and saw Gallagher reintroduced onto the wing which is eerily reminiscent of previous  failings so it's probably a bit early to start getting too cocky about our prospects. I'd rather see the decent run of form and some Derby like performances stretch over a reasonable period before I'm convinced we've genuinely turned a corner.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Be interesting to see how Hughton gets on, whilst I would have had no real objections to him as our manager he does seem to rate himself rather highly, he's been holding out for a Premier league job i reckon but nobody has come a calling. Quite a few forest fans seem a bit miffed they picked him over Howe...

Christ, imagine getting to choose between those two as manager when you're in the bottom 3 with 0 points.