BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

27 minutes ago, philipl said:

I am getting rather worried about our Boy Wonder.

I know I am ahead of you timewise but I was hoping for an announcement early this morning..

President of the selling club has confirmed he's left for Rovers. Hopefully just a case of taking pictures (it's pissing down) along with video interview, him doing training etc!

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

They definitely aren’t though, are they? Btw we’re talking about a deal being done pending a post-deadline day medical, that doesn’t exist.

Ah, post-deadline day medicals, I agree.

But deals in the main are completed 'subject to medical' all the time. Medicals are reasonably often a reason deals fall through with everything else having been signed, aren't they?

Or have I got mixed up somewhere?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Sort of player you could see them buying back in 2 or 3 years for £50m or something, if he adapts to the top flight well enough of course.

He'd have to improve as a defender 100%. However if you're the sort of football manager that thinks John Stones is the answer at centre back you may well be right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t think so mate. Tbf we’ve set our stall out now and they haven’t sold anyone from under Mowbray yet. My guess is that we’ll only sell for BIG money and if we have replacements lined up.

Watkins form in the PL won’t be going unnoticed for admirers of Arma. Young, English and prolific at Championship level...but I’d want the same as Brentford got for Watkins and then at least £15m to reinvest.

Not a chance.

I think Watkins is twice the player of Armstrong in terms of both ability and football intelligence.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

President of the selling club has confirmed he's left for Rovers. Hopefully just a case of taking pictures (it's pissing down) along with video interview, him doing training etc!

Yep, imagine that's the hold up. Hopefully confirmed later today. Seems to be a good signing on paper, I just hope that's not our budget screwed (even if it is the mooted £100-£200k) as we're still crying out for a left back!

Hmm another window goes by and this may be controversial but am a tad disappointed by it. 

The plus is the keeper situation seems really sorted with two promising keepers. Given we started with none to have this locked down for years is a big step in the right direction. 

Would have preferred Tosin to Ayala both stylistically and reliability wise, although appreciate wages may have made Ayala a much more realistic target. That said with a fee of £2 mill surely there was room for a bit of enticement from Rovers, a signing on fee, a low release clause for a premiership club etc. However we do have a dependable centre back which is a positive too. Dolan also looks a steal and an unexpected bonus. He plays wide as well which is also good given our squad balance. Given his age and experience however we can't rely on him too heavily. 

The negatives for me are still mostly in defence. No first choice left back - and though free agents are available it's a much smaller market. We are still a player away (maybe two) from a top 6 team.

We also bemoaned last season having only 3 centre backs and unless Warton' makes a step up that's still the case. Especially given one centre back is also covering left back and all 3 have somewhat sketchy injury records. 

I've banged on elsewhere about a cm so won't repeat myself except to say I feel it is a need. And up front we have lost Graham and Samuel and haven't improved upon Gally and Bereton, which strikes me as rather risky. Another decent attacking player could have made all the difference, especially as neither Gally or Bereton are high scorers and the Gally on the wing experiment seems set to continue, hampering us. 

We've had a decent start. When we play well we are a good team. No surprise though imo we had a poor result as  soon as we are in the playoffs. And I can't help thinking just one or two extra players, a few different options, could have made all the difference Vs Cardiff. And I suspect that might be the case in many other games this season too. 

12 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Just watched that highlight reel again and I know it's just a highlight reel but...I reckon when every one of our young prospect keepers sees that reel or watches him in training, they'll be straight on the phone to their agent asking them to find them a new club.

Between him and Kaminski, doesn't look like another keeper is breaking through here for the next...oh, 14 years? ?

Unless they sell them for a tenner each ??

30 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He'd have to improve as a defender 100%. However if you're the sort of football manager that thinks John Stones is the answer at centre back you may well be right.

Defending seems to be secondary to being able to ping a 40 yard pass in that position these days.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Hmm another window goes by and this may be controversial but am a tad disappointed by it. 

The plus is the keeper situation seems really sorted with two promising keepers. Given we started with none to have this locked down for years is a big step in the right direction. 

Would have preferred Tosin to Ayala both stylistically and reliability wise, although appreciate wages may have made Ayala a much more realistic target. That said with a fee of £2 mill surely there was room for a bit of enticement from Rovers, a signing on fee, a low release clause for a premiership club etc. However we do have a dependable centre back which is a positive too. Dolan also looks a steal and an unexpected bonus. He plays wide as well which is also good given our squad balance. Given his age and experience however we can't rely on him too heavily. 

The negatives for me are still mostly in defence. No first choice left back - and though free agents are available it's a much smaller market. We are still a player away (maybe two) from a top 6 team.

We also bemoaned last season having only 3 centre backs and unless Warton' makes a step up that's still the case. Especially given one centre back is also covering left back and all 3 have somewhat sketchy injury records. 

I've banged on elsewhere about a cm so won't repeat myself except to say I feel it is a need. And up front we have lost Graham and Samuel and haven't improved upon Gally and Bereton, which strikes me as rather risky. Another decent attacking player could have made all the difference, especially as neither Gally or Bereton are high scorers and the Gally on the wing experiment seems set to continue, hampering us. 

We've had a decent start. When we play well we are a good team. No surprise though imo we had a poor result as  soon as we are in the playoffs. And I can't help thinking just one or two extra players, a few different options, could have made all the difference Vs Cardiff. And I suspect that might be the case in many other games this season too. 

The window isn't shut yet!

We can still make permanent and loan signings from premier league and EFL teams for another 10 days

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

It isn’t closed yet the UK window has another 10 days left 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The window isn't shut yet!

We can still make permanent and loan signings from premier league and EFL teams for another 10 days

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It isn’t closed yet the UK window has another 10 days left 

Well that makes me feel a lot better. Was it just the European one that shut then? I guess that means no more taking advantage of the European scouting network. 

As I said I feel there is still a lot to do, so it's good that the  window hasn't fully closed. 

12 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Well that makes me feel a lot better. Was it just the European one that shut then? I guess that means no more taking advantage of the European scouting network. 

As I said I feel there is still a lot to do, so it's good that the  window hasn't fully closed. 

Two anticlimaxes for the price of one ?

We could still sign the Norwegian left back, as he's a free agent.

25 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Yeah European window shut, and premier league teams can't buy from eachother just from Efl

8 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah European window shut, and premier league teams can't buy from eachother just from Efl

Does make me nervous about Arma. I personally don’t think he’s PL quality yet but a club struggling may take a punt. Hopefully they’ll go for Josh King or similar instead.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Welbeck, Wilshere, Clyne and Ibe will all at some point have to drop wage demands to find a club. Some talent if you could keep them fit and playing regular 

Clyne signing for Palace. 

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Whats taking this keeper so long to be announced?

Or do we reckon theyre going to try and announce a double signing?!

Find out this afternoon when we done the deal or not. 

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He joined them a couple of days before our march against them.They trying to bring in Charlie Austin now 

How many strikers do they need? 

Mind you they've had so much talent over the years and still not managed promotion. Can't imagine this lot will be any better, whoever they bring in.