BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Middlesbrough Tuesday 3rd November

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Fantastic result in context with all the players we had missing. Defence resolute. Might be a very big point that come the end of the season!

Yes I agree. It might help us avoid relegation

• Like 7

Ironically if we'd have defended like that all season and put bodies on the line we'd be top 6. We have an inability to get the balance right and its frustrating big time.

Pears to be fair did some good bits today, but also some bad ones and will feel a lot more confident with kaminski back.

Trybull looked much better and got block after block in, it comes as no surprise he then goes and gets injured. 

Another huge blow with Williams crocked too we just can't get a break ?

We're essentially just treading water now till we get some more quality players back fit, as much as I hate him Cook basically just said the same, we need this international break big time.

Edited by Ossydave
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

Thought Boro was awful. We were abysmal. Poor game with two poor clubs. Enough.

Boro were excellent 1st half when they should have scored but poor in the 2nd

I wish we were awful and in the top 6

• Like 1

Fantastic result in context with all the players we had missing. Defence resolute. Might be a very big point that come the end of the season!

Well done the lads who played. Essentially their first team vs our second string. Another injury but we keep on fighting.

Context: these injuries are happening on Mowbray’s watch, working with his team and in quick succession. That’s not just bad luck.

Who will be out next?

Just now, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

No we weren't  - our defensive display deserved a point. People moan we don't defend well enough - then when we do they moan.

Sorry but it’s not often I disagree with you but tonight the reason we didn’t ship 3 or 4 was because of their woeful finishing.  Balls were coming through without challenge, how the lad missed that header towards the end was unbelievable.  Pears couldn’t command his 6 yard area without anyone there.  It was pathetic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Really?

Really.

You can't have a goal keeper that doesn't command on corners/crosses.

He literally let 3 flash across the 6 yard box because he stood and did nothing when the ball came in. A Boro player at the back post each time. We got lucky, another team would have punished us, Boro should have done.

Warnock will be going ape right about now because they didn't put one of them away

• Like 2

Just now, Madon said:

Paul Cook: "I think Tony Mowbray will be delighted with the performance tonight"

Jesus Christ.

Anyone who knows football knows that was a very good performance for the manager tonight. Unbelievable spirit...need to get our best players back

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Really? If you've been following rovers for over 60 years your statement above is utter nonsense. We are playing a team 5th in the table managed by a very experienced manager. We have our first choice keeper injured, 2 left backs, our best defender, our best midfielder, dack, Armstrong and a few others. 

We've rode out luck at times, but we literally are down to the bare bones. It's nowhere near as bad as what you are making it out to be

That's harsh.

Many of us are struggling to to remember a game where we showed poorer control and distribution over 95 minutes. Even when under little or no pressure. Millionaire players have to take responsibility for individual performances like that, but yes, I know, it is also down to Mowbray's lack of organisational capability.

The only reason we didn't get spanked is Boro's woeful finishing, and some decent last ditch defending. 

Again, I've rarely seen us give the ball away, and then fail to win it back, as regularly as tonight. 

That's indisputable, sorry. 

• Like 1

Fantastic result IN CONTEXT with the injuries...

So we just try to tread water til they’re all back? We had £12 million pounds worth of strikers playing tonight who Mowbray signed! Countless others who he’s brought in on his watch too. Simply not good enough. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Anyone who knows football knows that was a very good performance for the manager tonight. Unbelievable spirit...need to get our best players back

Exactly..

No Armstrong, Ayala, Kaminski and Douglas plus Dack and we a team who should be challenging for the top 6. 

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

i bet you a can of ? halves that aynsley plays on saturday,especially after a clean sheet,he`s mowbrays new pet

If Kaminski isn't fit then I'll be happy with Pears if he plays as well as tonight.

At last we have a decent reserve keeper.

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Yup, the manager gives people COVID and ACL Injuries ???

Ah, didn’t realise every player was out with an ACL to go with their “symptoms”.

Can’t believe you come bouncing on here after a game like that trying to put a positive spin on it.

They say you can’t polish a turd. You certainly do put that theory to the test.

• Like 3

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Madon said:

Paul Cook: "I think Tony Mowbray will be delighted with the performance tonight"

Jesus Christ.

I think we’re now meant to accept that we can’t compete with better teams and managers so 0-0 is an achievement 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, philipl said:

Ref looked like he was terrified of Warnock. 

Awful from him.

We got the point to stop the run of defeats against top sides.

Pears did well.

The ref was an utter, utter disgrace.

Not the first time that we've had a referee of that calibre either.

• Like 5

Just now, Stuart said:

Ah, didn’t realise every player was out with an ACL to go with their “symptoms”.

Can’t believe you come bouncing on here after a game like that trying to put a positive spin on it.

They say you can’t polish a turd. You certainly do put that theory to the test.

Douglas, Bell and Johnson self isolating..

Dack has a ACL. Bennett just had surgery. 

That's 5