BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - Saturday 5.12.20

32 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Who else have you got in mind  ?  Williams and Wharton probably won't play again this year going off Mowbrays comments and Lenihan is going to be suspended at some point in the near future.   

I haven't got anyone in mind Tyrone because there isn't anyone other than the youngsters and the January transfer window. This is a position best saved for experience rather than enthusiasm.

However,  we knew Ayala was injury-prone when we signed him and we knew there's always a potential sending off or booking around every time Lenihan plays.

So, for me, its  about prioritising the defence and building from the back which we don't do.

We risk derailing what looks like a very promising season.

If I were TM I'd be scouting for centre-back replacements in January and hoping we can limp through without too much damage till then.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Boroblue said:

hat’s the notts forest that’s has one the European cup unlike the Brentford that’s won the sum total of nothing. 

Twice in fact, in successive years!! Only played 20 games in total in that competition yet won it twice. Absolutely remarkable.

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

Twice in fact, in successive years!! Only played 20 games in total in that competition yet won it twice. Absolutely remarkable.

Is that true re: forest? 20 games in the chumpions league and twice winners? Remarkable. 

3 minutes ago, davefarnworth said:

Last shout on here. Not a cyber warrior but took offence to Bigdogsteel earlier. The mods rid me of the come back. Been on since 1996. Come back Spenny and Dave Birch et al. These newbys know it all. What a world. Goodbye Mark and John

I would not get upset with the opinion of anyone who calls us BLACKBURN

Hang in there. Oldies are Goldies

• Like 7

2 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I guess options are either Nyambe and Ayala at CB and Pike at right back. Or Carter at CB and Nyambe RB.

From what Ive seen if Carter I'd probably take my chances with Pike, but as Carters only played a few games I may be very harsh here....

Hayden Carter is a good footballer, he needs time to bed in though. Didn’t start out as CB. Further along in his development than Pike though Pike is a good un as well. I would persist with Carter.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, philipl said on the wrong thread....

Got a feeling this is going to be a bigger point than many 3 points will be this season. 

Belief must be surging around Ewood after that display.

So much got validated- the strength and depth of the squad and the sheer resilience of every player in it. All the subs were outstanding including the much maligned Bell and Buckley. Delighted for Davenport.

Gallagher was outstanding throughout and how many positions did Elliott play throughout the game?

Brentford's level dropped appreciably when their subs came on which suggests they are not going to have the resilience to come through this most demanding of seasons.

Really sad for Scott Wharton. He rightly got the start but Ayala's performance was really solid in replacing him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 47er said:

I haven't got anyone in mind Tyrone because there isn't anyone other than the youngsters and the January transfer window. This is a position best saved for experience rather than enthusiasm.

However,  we knew Ayala was injury-prone when we signed him and we knew there's always a potential sending off or booking around every time Lenihan plays.

So, for me, its  about prioritising the defence and building from the back which we don't do.

We risk derailing what looks like a very promising season.

If I were TM I'd be scouting for centre-back replacements in January and hoping we can limp through without too much damage till then.

Yes; it's really got to be, "Defenders are coming" in January!

• Like 1

Rothwells goal was great but if you were a Brentford fan you must be fuming, not a single attempt to challenge him on that run by any of the Brentford players.

Its not like he was doing step overs and fancy tricks, he literally just ran past them. 

Great goal but if it was the other way around I'd be livid none of our lot put a foot in (or even attempted to)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Beanie01289 said:
12 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Their commentators were talking Prem all match - they're a ways off that without BWM. 

They've gone backwards this year.

I found their commentary team a touch arrogant today. Talking about how they will get var next year in the prem

You don't have to endure 'away' commentators. I've just posted some help in iFollow thread regarding this topic, so I won't repeat on here.

5 hours ago, SoldierMo said:

Anybody else think Davenport goal was special? One touch to flick over other to bury it albeit via deflection? Ooozed class

Have we got a plan for him going forward? He was bought from City, with great fanfare and almost immediately was in sure for months. Now he's apparently fit he seems to make the bench---the last 2 times with great aplomb.

Will he now disappear for a few weeks or is he at last an integral part of the team?

Agree about the goal by the way----great effort.

26 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Rothwells goal was great but if you were a Brentford fan you must be fuming, not a single attempt to challenge him on that run by any of the Brentford players.

Its not like he was doing step overs and fancy tricks, he literally just ran past them. 

Great goal but if it was the other way around I'd be livid none of our lot put a foot in (or even attempted to)

Bit like their second then! Buckley a spectator.

Think this result also goes to show how impressive some of our other results have been.

People saying were only flat track bullies and only got the results we have as we were playing against 10.  Well today we were the team with 10 and showed what can be done when you only have 10 men.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Such a shame we can't have fans Inside Ewood to support these lads efforts.

If it were normal circumstances I think our crowds would be on the up too.

I thought the 2k fans yesterday were going to be split between the 4 stands. On the basis they were only in 2 stands surely 4k should be allowed in? Even if they had to stagger the times people exit or something, just seems nonsense to me.

Not that it affects us at this moment in time ?

• Like 2

Only just watched the highlights. Their number 7 what a prick. After a fairly innocuous looking penalty runs over to the ref brandishing imaginary cards then after lenihan was sent off gave it the old fist pump. Hope he enjoyed the equaliser. I’d have sent that peroxide blonde prick off as well.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Only just watched the highlights. Their number 7 what a prick. After a fairly innocuous looking penalty runs over to the ref brandishing imaginary cards then after lenihan was sent off gave it the old fist pump. Hope he enjoyed the equaliser. I’d have sent that peroxide blonde prick off as well.

Never a penalty in a million years! We got the benefit of bad refereeing last game, now its our turn to suffer.

Seems the way in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I thought the 2k fans yesterday were going to be split between the 4 stands. On the basis they were only in 2 stands surely 4k should be allowed in? Even if they had to stagger the times people exit or something, just seems nonsense to me.

Not that it affects us at this moment in time ?

Totally agree. The regulations are just bonkers.

Your assumption was exactly the same as mine, I was staggered when the 2k were all in one stand, with no evidence of social distancing whatsoever, with the remaining 3 stands empty.

Where's any sense in that? (well there isn't any). I guess it is Laaaaaandon and none of this pandemics' regulations apply to them.

• Like 1