BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - Saturday 5.12.20

36 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Capitalised on a stupid, arrogant double tactical substitution by Frank, with both of Tony’s subs combining to get that priceless goal.

Yes, even the Brentford-commentators called it arrogance. "We were putting the points in our pocket, and considering what to watch on the telly this evening." Just makes the point feel even sweeter.

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

Look at that Brentford bellend celebrating the red card. ?

64C7B02F-D557-420D-9EB5-C7EA6E351C1F.png

Rovers Twitter account celebrated Brereton for celebrating us getting a penalty a couple weeks ago

18 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

.Buckley at right back was an aberration, he desperately needs a loan in January he is miles and miles away from being good enough for this level.

Good post but really can’t agree with this at all.

Buckley is gonna be one of those really divisive players isn’t he?

There always has to be one - step aside BB

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Think that ref lost it (understatement) when he gives penalty and the Brentford player holds two fingers up, obviously saying second yellow, but the ref gives a straight red. Even if it was a penalty there was no case for a straight red. 

Nyambe, Johnson and Gallagher were all excellent today, and Rothwell was good first half.

But Elliott was really poor all game today - maybe he needs a rest on Wednesday and let Dolan, who looked good when he came on, have a game from the start.

Cant remember being as happy after a game as tonight for a while, just the circumstances of the equaliser that was so unexpected, even when Armstrong and Rothwell were subbed I felt that Mowbray was preparing for Wednesday so it was brilliant to see the goal go in and from an unlikely source.

I was not comfortable with how many people were accepting a draw or even making provisions for a defeat not being too bad before the game, I stand by that, but that is a draw whereby the circumstances made it a very impressive achievement.

The referee was shite more in regards to handing out yellows like confetti but there cant be too many complaints about the major decisions from our perspective, Lenihan who let his team mates down after playing really well in recent games should have been sent off, albeit for a second yellow although thats immaterial, and they should have had another penalty for a handball on Gallagher. Throw that in with what happened midweek and we cant feel hard done by. In the end, who cares anyway?!

Performance wise, I thought Ayala was outstanding, the game suited him because it was mainly about defending and he really can defend. Nyambe beside him was really good too. Johnson I felt gave us some further leadership in the middle, Gallagher was tireless and Rothwell's goal was absolutely outstanding, for a player with his obvious ability he doesnt produce nearly enough but today showed exactly what he is capable of, he was key to our bright start too.

Still found a couple of Mowbrays tactical decisions questionable, Elliott as a false 9 with Armstrong wide was bizarre, the former was poor today really and Armstrong post red card would have been a threat on the counter v 2 fairly immobile centre backs, and Buckley at RB was a strange choice (from limited makeshift options) and was instrumental in their second goal.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Agree with you on Buckley.

I think he has talent but I have questioned his bottle. However, his willingness to take the ball in the last 2 games has allayed some of those concerns and he can't help but have gained some confidence that he is being trusted in tight games.

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

Unreal result considering the circumstances. We would have won that today no thanks to Lennihan. Absolute liability. If he weren't captain he wouldn't be playing. Garbage. 

To be fair, since the Boro game he has been really good and back to his best, but today I dont have a clue what was going through his mind and he let his team mates down.

5 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

They got past him far too easily and too often including for the second goal where his defensive efforts were poor. Thankfully Frank took pity on him and took off Canos and Henry and focused on attacking down the other flank which allowed us back into the game. On the positive side though regarding full backs I thought Bell did well second half, much better than Douglas who had a nightmare first half.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

Rovers Twitter account celebrated Brereton for celebrating us getting a penalty a couple weeks ago

There’s a difference between celebrating winning a penalty and asking the ref to send off a player and then celebrating? Surely? 

4081428F-C8BF-4462-89FE-57E25CBC3307.jpeg

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It was crazy letting Magloire go out on loan to non league knowing we have 3 injury prone centre halves plus Lenihan always has a suspension in him. Ground hog day with our centre halves.

Not to some apparently

Lenihan should take the enitre team out for dinner and donate to charity. Yes it was a soft pen but he gave away a recklass card early on and then followed it up with more stipidity. Used to rate the guy but this season he has been well off it. We would be sixth if we won that. Above Watford ffs - and we were well in control.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

They got past him far too easily and too often including for the second goal where his defensive efforts were poor. Thankfully Frank took pity on him and took off Canos and Henry and focused on attacking down the other flank which allowed us back into the game. On the positive side though regarding full backs I thought Bell did well second half, much better than Douglas who had a nightmare first half.

Douglas is much, much better going forward. They're, at best, equal defensively, which is a worry.

That said, Bell has looked better with Kaminski organising the defence and Wharton / Ayala alongside him telling him what to do.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

There’s a difference between celebrating winning a penalty and asking the ref to send off a player and then celebrating? Surely? 

4081428F-C8BF-4462-89FE-57E25CBC3307.jpeg

I want him to receive a retroactive yellow card for swearing at Lenihan there. (yes I know he's Spanish, but when in Rome....)