BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Marshall - Under The Cosh Podcast #89

13 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

Many players when looking back at their career have a fairly sketchy memory of games they played but Orr was very flexible with the truth.

The Givet Swansea game wasn’t 1-0, it was 3-0. Remember as well that Givet denied refusing to play when it was reported at the time. https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2012/apr/18/blackburn-gael-givet-refuse-play

The Crystal Palace game under Berg was 2-0, not 5-1 as Orr said. We also weren’t top of the league at the time as he claimed we were.

Orr also made out that we had just been on an eight game unbeaten run before that Peterborough game.

The Shebby stuff is terrible to hear but my opinion of Orr and Kean didn’t really go up whilst listening to the podcast 

No mention by Kean of Orr having injections to play, the player named is Dunn.

My initial rose coloured view on seeing the Pod is waning fast.

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yeah and in the part 1 podcast he talks about how he ended up in prison when he was just trying to break up a fight. Bad things seem to happen to him but it’s never his fault

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, all you need is duff said:

Yeah and in the part 1 podcast he talks about how he ended up in prison when he was just trying to break up a fight. Bad things seem to happen to him but it’s never his fault

I will watch Part 1 soon, he does seem to have a need to appear to be a leader, hero figure yet wrongly accused or criticised.

24 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Another thing about that Swansea game: Olsson played left back so why was Orr asked to be the hero because Givet wouldn’t play left back? 

I also don’t believe the cricket ball thing happened and wasn’t picked up by cameras at the Wigan game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, all you need is duff said:

Another thing about that Swansea game: Olsson played left back so why was Orr asked to be the hero because Givet wouldn’t play left back? 

I also don’t believe the cricket ball thing happened and wasn’t picked up by cameras at the Wigan game 

Agreed, I have never heard or seen any previous reference to the cricket ball allegation.

If it happened Kean would have known about it and would have 'thrown' it back at the fans, not literally .......🤔

• Like 1

Tennis balls flew at Kean but in ten years no mention of a corkie i'm sure the press and police would have been all over that. 

There's a bit of a Dominic Cummings scenario to this, Orr was clearly told to speak up for Kean.  He got a great opportunity at Rovers and ended up with a new deal on the back of nothing but opening his mouth.  I'm sure plenty dots join in terms of his transfer here but now his word is gospel ?

Come on...

What it does highlight again though is the chaos behind the scenes and how Kean was as useless as we thought. He hasn't really told us anything we didn't already know about Shebby.  Not sure what anyone expected though the fella was asked to come in and try and sort things out. 

The fact he didn't have a clue either was hardly his fault but he did start the ball rolling to get rid of Kean and Andersons mob.  Otherwise we'd still be paying their dollopers 30k pwk whilst rooted near the bottom of the league every season.

• Like 2

The fact he never signed for another club after that contract and played his last game at just 32 says all you need to know about how disgustingly lucrative being Ke*n’s shop steward was…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

The same Bradley Orr who cited the Magna Carta as his reason for breaching lockdown rules. Claims he tried to be an ethical agent, because he was so principled. Signed a 4 year deal immediately after relegation and got it paid up.

The guy is a deluded prick. Plenty of untruths in this story, though I don’t doubt what he says about N’Zonzi and Givet. Happy to acknowledge the toxic bits that suit his agenda, but lots of glossing over going on.

• Like 7

Bradley Orr tells a story where he was unjustly treated by numerous managers, the fans, any executives, everyone. He did very well and made the majority of his earnings as a player out of the club. It doesn't surprise me that he's on a podcast running his mouth as he strikes me as somebody who's just thick. And that's why every manager didn't trust him. He's the type to think he's doing the right thing but in reality he's just reacting and constantly jumping in the deep end, no tact, only sees things from his side of the story. 

I don't think he's got a lot to say. The stuff on Givet and N'zonzi I do believe. I'm sure if you heard their side they'd probably think very little of him, their main comments would be around the toxicity of the club at that time, and they just wanted out. Bradley Orr would barely be a blip on their radar. It's no excuse for downing tools though. 

• 2 months later...

I finished the Orr podcast yesterday. I don't know what to make of it. It would have been much better for Rovers fans if Brown and Parkin asked a few decent questions. The other lad (Chris?) is from Bolton, he would have known more too about Rovers situation back then and could have been a bit more probing but didn't either.

I read the last few pages to see if any of my questions could be answered; games he played in etc.. 

I thought the last part was the best and probably the most truthful regarding football being full of self serving unethical chancers.

His point on clubs and youth players is absolutely spot on. There needs to be a complete overhaul on how players who don't make it are treated. There is another ex-footballer trying to change it too. I can't remember who though.

• 1 month later...

Don't know where to post this or if it's been mentioned, but I really enjoyed the Tommy Spurr podcast. Seems a good fun and honest lad and always good to hear stuff from behind the scenes. Thought he was pretty underrated when he was with us tbh.

A long one, but the Rovers related stuff starts around 1h 35 in

• Like 4

Well! I missed the Bradley Orr stuff at the time so only just seen this now. 

To be honest I can't get past the cricket ball story. Given the odious one was making up stories to slander fans, there's no way he'd have passed up on an opportunity to play the victim with this event. Add in the fact no camera saw it, no one else has ever reported it - fan, neutral, within the club or outside and you get the feeling it's a whopper. Goodness even the fact that security was heavy handed and searching in those days and the likelihood of getting a ball in there is pretty slim. 

No it's an utter lie. One to cover/excuse his K*an defence interview which even he in hindsight knows was a bad move. It's an unconvincing lie at that too, showing him once again to be the think unprincipled pond scum that he is.

A few other things to note as others have said: the 4 year contract straight after shows he was up to his neck in the muck going on. And for an observant guy he didn't half miss K*an spouting a load of bull and being tactically clueless. Strange how he misses all of that yet spots a cricket ball no one else does... 

As for complaint about being forced out. Given that's what he was brought to do with a proper right back in Salgado I have little sympathy even if true. 

• Like 4

Ha, Alex Marrow's name comes up again in the Spurr interview. Sounds like him and Marshall were a real terror.

I bet Bowyer brought him in remembering him as a big, hard-working kid from his Rovers Academy days, or whatever, but he unwittingly brought in an absolute psycho haha

Interesting to hear Leon Best of all people apparently standing up to Short to defend Rhodes in the dressing room haha... Those ~2012-14 squad must have been a basketcase to deal with. Have to give Bowyer some credit for righting that ship, albeit pretty much every player seems to agree that those teams should also have accomplished more...

• Like 1

On 19/09/2022 at 15:02, RoverCanada said:

Ha, Alex Marrow's name comes up again in the Spurr interview. Sounds like him and Marshall were a real terror.

I bet Bowyer brought him in remembering him as a big, hard-working kid from his Rovers Academy days, or whatever, but he unwittingly brought in an absolute psycho haha

Interesting to hear Leon Best of all people apparently standing up to Short to defend Rhodes in the dressing room haha... Those ~2012-14 squad must have been a basketcase to deal with. Have to give Bowyer some credit for righting that ship, albeit pretty much every player seems to agree that those teams should also have accomplished more...

Haven't caught the podcast yet - why was Rhodes being defended? Just criticising his performance? 

6 hours ago, smiller14 said:

Haven't caught the podcast yet - why was Rhodes being defended? Just criticising his performance? 

Oh, it was just a quick anecdote that Craig Short was demanding more from Rhodes one half-time and Leon Best apparently decided to stand up for Rhodes for some reason and he and Short almost came to blows. Spurr's comment was that it was clear there were some egos in the dressing room relative to playing with Doncaster.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not a lot rovers related and featured towards the end.

Owen, whilst over hyping his own ability and achievements, talks about how the owners treated Paul lambert.

He says Paul was promised the Jordan Rhodes money plus an additional 20 million (maybe where the war chest comment came from) and after Jordon was sold was told there would be no money and it was about cost cutting and claimed similar happened to him. 

Be interested in peoples opinions on what he said

it around the hour and half point

Edited by Oldgregg86

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Not a lot rovers related and featured towards the end.

Owen, whilst over hyping his own ability and achievements, talks about how the owners treated Paul lambert.

He says Paul was promised the Jordan Rhodes money plus an additional 20 million (maybe where the war chest comment came from) and after Jordon was sold was told there would be no money and it was about cost cutting and claimed similar happened to him. 

Be interested in peoples opinions on what he said

it around the hour and half point

Don't reckon he said one truthful thing in that whole interview.

Absolute nonesense the entire thing with coyle. Claimed we didn't like him because he put Burnley above us. He got promoted with them in 2009. We beat them twice, finished 10th and had two more years in the top flight while they were below us.

• Like 1

To be fair, he doesn't seem like a bad fella really, just a propensity to chat shite.

Enthusiastic but woefully, terribly, and unforgivably out of his depth above Scottish second division sized clubs.

Says he regrets taking the job, never should have, but to be fair I can't blame him for taking it. At the time he was (rightfully) on the scrapheap.

• Like 3