BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

National league and North and South

1 hour ago, rigger said:

Is that the club or the owner ?

The whole set up is to fleece unsuspecting parents out of £50 per month with their "academy"....plus £100 for a kit that never turns up....they are a bunch of charlatans preying on kids wanting to be footballers....All anecdotal evidence from people I've met over the years.....

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

A fan owned club at the heart of the community.

We wouldn't want to end up like that though would we?

They’ll be in the ninth tier next season.

I’d love to be rid of Venkys - I’m not convinced a drop of that magnitude would be ‘a price worth paying’ 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Sometimes I wonder if it would be. 

I do understand that thought.

I just think, if we ‘fell that far’, there’s no way we’d ever get back to where we are now (let alone the premier league).

I know people will cite Luton as an example, but as far as I’m aware, they ‘only’ dropped as far as the fifth tier. 

We’d probably lose the ground, the training ground, the academy, most of the fanbase. Everything Jack and those that kept the club competitive before him built and grafted for.

Surely the hope would be to be as high as possible when this lot finally give it up as a bad job, so we are an attractive proposition, not playing matches against Padiham. 

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

Southend United given to early October to complete a take over otherwise will be wound up. Also facing a ten point deduction by the national League for not clearing all debts by date specified in order to play in league. Have 15 players and been under embargo for 12 months. We were playing against them not that long ago.

• Like 1

It's amazing how these things can quickly spiral out of control. So many known clubs can decline and die so rapidly, like Rushden and Diamonds, Bury, Scarborough and now potentially Southend. The top cabal have driven up prices, wages and so on so much with the collusion of the FA, agents, players, FIFA and UEFA that so many clubs lower down are either going bankrupt to pay players, or being sold off to any crook or incompetent fool with no supervision.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

It's amazing how these things can quickly spiral out of control. So many known clubs can decline and die so rapidly, like Rushden and Diamonds, Bury, Scarborough and now potentially Southend. The top cabal have driven up prices, wages and so on so much with the collusion of the FA, agents, players, FIFA and UEFA that so many clubs lower down are either going bankrupt to pay players, or being sold off to any crook or incompetent fool with no supervision.

Henderson could settle Southend’s tax bill with three days ‘earnings’.

• Like 2

Bury FC and AFC Bury had to merge to get £4 million worth of funding from their local council. It took 3 or 4 votes to get there but there was a lot of animosity between the 2 groups. They are already out of this years FA Cup amd missing out on much needed revenue and prize money. They like Macclesfield need promotion every year to progress as 1 bad season they'll stagnate and the fans who turn up now will end up losing interest in this novelty and then the road back to the football league becomes even more distant for them

• 1 month later...

Watched Chorley v Scunthorpe yesterday. Scunthorpe were in the play off mix from league 1 in our promotion season since when things have badly unraveled. There new 'owner' from January has now put the club up for sale. Apparently had numerous names and apparently served time for fraud. They are subject to an HMRC winding up petition. The ground is owned by their former owners company who has put the ground up for sale. There is a court case pending over the tenancy of the club.

Just goes to show when things unravel it can develop a pace of its own.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...