BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

National league and North and South

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

Amazing game in the National league playoff semi final it finished Wrexham 4-5 Grimsby after extra time.Ryan Reynolds will have to watch at least 1 more season of non league football.

I was going to post similar. What a terrific game with two teams going hell for leather to win a game of football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Chorley have brought out a pre season shirt which is something I've never heard of. It's quite innovative really and for a non league club to think of it is a feather in their caps.

image.png.ce293d415ff3fd01b8fe87a3bc732e50.png

A shirt for the holidays and beach. Brilliant marketing.

• Like 3

First thing that hit me about the chorley shirt is how the manufacturers logo is placed, makes it look like a little mans head with big afro and top half of his body and now I can't unsee it

Edited by perthblue02

Off-topic but that Chorley effort above is something Rovers should have been all over a long time ago - a range of leisure / beach / summer- wear, that is modern, smart and stylish and still conveys the club's identity, without being your traditional 'look at that bloke, at the beach in a football shirt ffs'. Half the stuff we have in at the minute looks like the kind of thing you'd wear to do the gardening, the other half looks like something you knock together in Paint in ten minutes.

Why don't we develop a new range playing on the 1875 / Arte Et Labore theme? Team up with relevant part of Blackburn College if there is one (or similar) and spin it as part of our giving community partnership stuff? Why are teams at Tier Six (and below!) doing stuff that appears beyond us?

• 2 months later...
On 09/06/2022 at 18:30, GHR said:

Why don't we develop a new range playing on the 1875 / Arte Et Labore theme? Team up with relevant part of Blackburn College if there is one (or similar) and spin it as part of our giving community partnership stuff? Why are teams at Tier Six (and below!) doing stuff that appears beyond us?

Umm, we do have shirts that play on the 1875 and Arte et Labore themes.

• 3 weeks later...

With no 'proper' football today I decided to get the train to Moston to watch FC United against Radcliffe. The ground is tidy with various food outlets dotted around and quite a few bars too. Playing for FC was ex Rover Chris Taylor whilst Jem Karacan played for Radcliffe. He played for Reading and Galatasary and represented Turkey at various levels. I mention this because he is actually a Rovers fan. The play was really good particularly from Radcliffe who won 2-1 with a really late goal. The 'entertainment' also included a scrap between some FC fans and stewards. I have to say though FC supporters had the best array of songs I have heard in years.

All that for £7 admission and £8 train fare.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

With no 'proper' football today I decided to get the train to Moston to watch FC United against Radcliffe. The ground is tidy with various food outlets dotted around and quite a few bars too. Playing for FC was ex Rover Chris Taylor whilst Jem Karacan played for Radcliffe. He played for Reading and Galatasary and represented Turkey at various levels. I mention this because he is actually a Rovers fan. The play was really good particularly from Radcliffe who won 2-1 with a really late goal. The 'entertainment' also included a scrap between some FC fans and stewards. I have to say though FC supporters had the best array of songs I have heard in years.

All that for £7 admission and £8 train fare.

Oo, Moston,  that is a rum place....