BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

13 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Whilst ultimately concerned about Rovers and their future I do love a good conspiracy 😂 football finances have ever had so much scrutiny so those thinking Mowbray, Waggot and Venus are going to make a quick Buck or two before leaving are to be frank seriously deluded!

You serious?

• Like 1

I honestly can’t fathom what’s going on with 1864, the WMC group turning into another set of nodding dogs a la the Fans Forum? 

Is there an actual group that is going into bat against this? I’m struggling to work out what the stance of even the Rovers Trust is, for example. 

Is it being left to the NIMBYs of Brockhall Village?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I honestly can’t fathom what’s going on with 1864, the WMC group turning into another set of nodding dogs a la the Fans Forum? 

Is there an actual group that is going into bat against this? I’m struggling to work out what the stance of even the Rovers Trust is, for example. 

Yes and No!

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

There is nothing going on mate thanks.

All we have seen are submitted outlined plans, an explanation of the plans and reasons why, outrage from Brockhallians, outrage from some fans and utter bilge from others!

If the plans are not passed nothing will happen.

If the plans are passed then the architects and planners have a huge job to do, submit those plans, get them passed before anything else happens.

Rovers are, like many other clubs, having to cut their cloth accordingly an£ for me it’s imperative that we keep the DS and Academy as our future.

I am not for the plans but I am more than prepared to wait before going OTT with unfounded speculation!

So you are against it, but you consistently troll others that are also against it by regularly posting silly emojis and labelling them ‘hysterical’ etc

And yet you were constantly on here asking folk to join/attend your fans group. Funny way of going about trying to get folk onside...

Edited by Mattyblue

22 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

There is nothing going on mate thanks.

All we have seen are submitted outlined plans, an explanation of the plans and reasons why, outrage from Brockhallians, outrage from some fans and utter bilge from others!

If the plans are not passed nothing will happen.

If the plans are passed then the architects and planners have a huge job to do, submit those plans, get them passed before anything else happens.

Rovers are, like many other clubs, having to cut their cloth accordingly an£ for me it’s imperative that we keep the DS and Academy as our future.

I am not for the plans but I am more than prepared to wait before going OTT with unfounded speculation!

You just don't get it do you?

These plans, if passed would be the death of the Academy.

How do you think we can possibly retain Category 1 Academy Status under the new plans?.

• Like 1

See you keep going on about unfounded speculation but it's hardly unfounded is it? It's undeniable facts about the trios history, Venkys history with Rovers and how the club has gone about it. It's on record Waggots statement as having contradictions. Thats hardly unfounded. 

Then there's the question marks raised with only the tiniest bit of analysis and evaluation. How do you fit 2 sites into 1? There is a list of all requirements for a Cat A academy - how does the new site incorporate all this? This isn't hypothetical what it's but obvious, basic questions about the practicality of the proposal. 

I mean if I said I was going to be a footballer it wouldn't be unfounded speculation but common sense to ask whether I am actually any good!

Speculation is not the same as asking rational, reasonable questions. Sadly this proposal falls down on the latter. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You just don't get it do you?

These plans, if passed would be the death of the Academy.

How do you think we can possibly retain Category 1 Academy Status under the new plans?.

Simon without any significant evidence and bear in mind Waggot committed himself to the academy I just don’t see how Rovers will get rid of the academy or DS. Look at the results they are producing it’s in blue and white.

Until I see a plan, an evidenced quote from the club outlining the clubs plan to remove these teams and operations from our footballing ambition then I retain my point of view.

I am not concerned whether you agree or not or as to the opinion you hold.

I think everyone should take a breather an£ let’s await the outcome of the first phase of the application .

52 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Simon without any significant evidence and bear in mind Waggot committed himself to the academy I just don’t see how Rovers will get rid of the academy or DS. Look at the results they are producing it’s in blue and white.

Until I see a plan, an evidenced quote from the club outlining the clubs plan to remove these teams and operations from our footballing ambition then I retain my point of view.

I am not concerned whether you agree or not or as to the opinion you hold.

I think everyone should take a breather an£ let’s await the outcome of the first phase of the application .

It's too late once the plans have been passed and Cat 1 status subsequently gets declined!

What's Waggott going to do, say sorry lads we've miscalculated, could you rip those houses down and sell us the land back please?

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And you take Waggott at his word, because? 

Obviously if Mr. Waggott told us tomorrow that the earth was flat, 1864 would dismiss as hysterical everyone pointing out that that couldn't possibly be right as all available evidence pointed to the contrary!

Edited by RevidgeBlue

21 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Whilst ultimately concerned about Rovers and their future I do love a good conspiracy 😂 football finances have ever had so much scrutiny so those thinking Mowbray, Waggot and Venus are going to make a quick Buck or two before leaving are to be frank seriously deluded!

So hypothetically, if you had identified a piece of land that had potential for development, used your influence with the owner of the land to persuade them to sell, obtained planning permission and alerted developers you wouldn't expect (a perfectly legal) "finders fee" off the developers?

And what would any arrangements between you and the developers have to do with the finances of the seller? Wouldn't affect them at all.

• Like 2

On 12/03/2021 at 10:00, only2garners said:

Simon - my first post was responding to someone asking why there are no detailed plans for the new training centre and I just went on to outline my view that the project is years from any completion and may not happen at all. It wasn't a comment one way or the other on the project's desirability.

Yes, but if it was me I would have qualified that comment along the lines that whilst that was what the Club had said, my own view was that it was extremely odd there was no detail whatsoever available about the proposed new combined training centre as without that it was impossible to say whether it would be a desirable thing or not. I realise you're a lot more diplomatic than me but there you go.

Would you mind me asking what your own view is on the desirability of the project?